mnf crew badmouths bills

gobills123

You'd think anyone who has rooted for the Bills most of their life would have developed thicker skin.

Believe me, all my friends hate the bills so i can take the heat. Im not pissed that they mocked them. Im pissed that there all writing us off after a preseason game. At least wait till the real week 1. I know we suck, and we have sucked. But you never know. Remember the dolphins 1-15 one year, division title the next. They were god aweful during that 1-15 year. Absolutely terrible...and yet they turned it around. Then again, they had solid coaching come in. We need parcells : (

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus Christ, get over it. This attitude is breeding a massive inferiority complex. The only way to stop the talk is to put together a solid football program. Until then, sit back and accept that, as much as you might not like it, they're right.

Thank you, Leonidas.

Why this stuff should bother anybody is nuts. Who cares? If the Bills "shock the world", they will all jump on the wagon. Again, so what?

I was just watching sportscenter before the monday night football pregame show started and mike ditka, keyshawn johnson, cris carter, and tom jackson just completely mocked the bills. They were talking about how the giants are in a much tougher division than the jets are. I dont remember the exact words so im going from what i remember... Ditka goes "the giants have to face the redskins, eagles, and cowboys and all the jets have to deal with is the patriots and maybe the dolphins, and then ditka goes "forget about buffalo, they never win in buffalo" and someone else said "yeah they dont have to ever worry about the bills." And the whole crew just started dying, laughing hysterical saying "hah the bills, hah." I wanted to jump threw the screen and beat them all. I hope to god we shock the world and then ill send in a nice letter to that crew and then see what they have to say.

Well, we have not been good for the last 10 years. Until that changes, that's how it is usually going to be.

Sad, dude. I lived in Southern California for a while and its a very superficial place. I would hate to say I'm from there. I always tell people I'm originally from Buffalo. Then their next question is always "so are you a Bills fan" with a look of some astonishment. When I answer yes they always have respect for my character after that even though they might think I'm crazy.

Sad? Greatest 25 years of my lie.

The real problem is that, under Jauron, we weren't just bad, we were MIND-NUMBINGLY BORING. The Williams and Mularkey teams were mediocre to bad, but in much more entertaining ways. We don't have a lot to go on in the Gailey era, but the early returns suggest more boredom: No downfield passing game, Captain Checkdown at QB, trying to draw the other team offsides then calling a timeout instead of going for it on 4th and inches, etc. Hopefully those early returns are wrong. The losing is bad enough without also being boring. Last year's Cleveland game was about the biggest waste of 3 hours in my life. Even worse teams, like St. Louis, were more fun to watch.

So basically, until we do something interesting, I can't fault non-Bills fans for saying they don't want to watch Bills games. I wouldn't either.

This post is more entertaining than 60 minutes of Bills football.

You are absolutely dead on. People cling to the 7-9 and 6-10 records of the Jauron era as evidence that the Bills aren't that bad. But they have been worse than their record, which has just been padded by a willingness to not take chances or strive for better. They have specialized in boring football for a decade now, but in the Jauron era boredom was raised to an art form.

Yeah, by the end of the year, we'll respect you.

But meanwhile we have to watch you go through the whole ...

"The Bills are going to be awesome"

to

"We still have a mathematical chance at the playoffs"

to

"8 - 8 wouldn't be so bad"

to

"I was wrong, we suck" cycle that is so boring to watch year after year after year.

Well we can just skip to the we suck part now. I know that. But I do believe we will continue to get better. and by seasons end I think we'll have a much better team and won't be the laughingstock of the nfl anymore.

Well we can just skip to the we suck part now. I know that. But I do believe we will continue to get better. and by seasons end I think we'll have a much better team and won't be the laughingstock of the nfl anymore.

I agree with you (at least that's what I'm hoping for this season) except for the laughingstock part. No one but Bills fans will notice the (hopefully) steady improvement throughout the season. To the national media we will still suck and be the laughingstock at seasons end. And that is fine ... just as long as we can truthfully (not koolaid or blind faith) see Gailey improving this team week to week.

I was just watching sportscenter before the monday night football pregame show started and mike ditka, keyshawn johnson, cris carter, and tom jackson just completely mocked the bills. They were talking about how the giants are in a much tougher division than the jets are. I dont remember the exact words so im going from what i remember... Ditka goes "the giants have to face the redskins, eagles, and cowboys and all the jets have to deal with is the patriots and maybe the dolphins, and then ditka goes "forget about buffalo, they never win in buffalo" and someone else said "yeah they dont have to ever worry about the bills." And the whole crew just started dying, laughing hysterical saying "hah the bills, hah." I wanted to jump threw the screen and beat them all. I hope to god we shock the world and then ill send in a nice letter to that crew and then see what they have to say.

You really shouldn't get too upset when someone speaks the truth, sadly that is exactly what they were doing.

They will wipe their asses with your letter because they are RIGHT. This team sucks