[please fix subject]Maybin

Do you think Maybin will turn out to have the worst career of any of the DEs drafted in the top 50 of last year's draft?

Tyson Jackson

Aaron Maybin

Brian Orakpo

Larry English

Robert Ayers

Everette Brown

Connor Barwin

I think Maybin is easily the worst one on the list, and will be out of the league in 2013.

Too early to tell. Jackson is a 3-4 DE, Brown a 4-3 DE, and the rest playing OLB. I think Ayers is being played out of position @ OLB in a 3-4. He is cleary a 4-3 LDE IMO. I do think that Maybin is the worst player of the group for now.

I was watching Maybin rush the passer and was like.. doesn't this guy have an inside move? He tries to run around the outside on every play.. Then to my surprise he did a beautiful inside spin move and sacked the QB.. Hey.. just need a couple of those a game. I actually felt a little hope on that play.

I was watching Maybin rush the passer and was like.. doesn't this guy have an inside move? He tries to run around the outside on every play.. Then to my surprise he did a beautiful inside spin move and sacked the QB.. Hey.. just need a couple of those a game. I actually felt a little hope on that play.

That Spin move was against an undrafted RFA who is 4th on the depth chart. When he played against Trent Williams he was mauled, manhandled like a little school girl against a gorilla. I was there, watching him play and was very disappointed that he looked to be weak, small, took bad angles. He did have a great penalty on 3rd-3 that cost us a touchdown. I would take any of the guys off that list instead ofMaybe.

Aside from the previously mentioned fact that he is not a DE anymore (and maybe should not have been), and the fact that he is younger and less experienced and drafted (stupidly) as a project, I think we will have to wait and see. I don't want him thrown under the Donte Whitner bus (good player drafted too high, but after he is given the jersey that is the front office's mistake, not his fault). If he brings commitment and intensity and adapts well to the 3-4 (a lot of IFs), I think he could be a good and valuable Shawn Merriman type (type, not quality) player, and help this football team win games.

Bad pick, bad rookie year, occasional bad haircut, but too soon to say if he will be a bad player (having played less than one half at his career position) and that he will be clearly the worst on that list AND will be out of the league in a couple years.

I just want to make sure his ineptitude remains at the forefront of everyone's minds.

If you thought that Maybin was going to be an immediate impact when he was drafted, then I'd like to know what it is you've been smoking or drinking?

I've said from the start that Maybin's potential is enormous, but I felt that it was a mistake for him to have left Penn State so early. I also believed that we may not see any real contribution from him until his third year.

I do think that moving him to OLB is a good move, and he needs all the playing time he can get, especially since he is in a new defense, a new defensive position, and he is still a work-in-progress.

Aside from the previously mentioned fact that he is not a DE anymore (and maybe should not have been), and the fact that he is younger and less experienced and drafted (stupidly) as a project, I think we will have to wait and see. I don't want him thrown under the Donte Whitner bus (good player drafted too high, but after he is given the jersey that is the front office's mistake, not his fault). If he brings commitment and intensity and adapts well to the 3-4 (a lot of IFs), I think he could be a good and valuable Shawn Merriman type (type, not quality) player, and help this football team win games.

Bad pick, bad rookie year, occasional bad haircut, but too soon to say if he will be a bad player (having played less than one half at his career position) and that he will be clearly the worst on that list AND will be out of the league in a couple years.

well said

good motor and long arms

needs a counter move.

If somebody at Penn would've plugged this kid into an OLB spot early in his career he wouldve gone third round and been a decent pro LB/special teamer.

If somebody at Penn would've plugged this kid into an OLB spot early in his career he wouldve gone third round and been a decent pro LB/special teamer.

As opposed to a 1st rounder, 11th overall? How is that a good thing? Are you saying that colleges should play players in such ways as to manage NFL teams' expectations so they can do a better job of scouting? :devil:

How is this not a propped up excuse like the poster that says that Maybin is already a great success story because he is making a lot of money? Say, JaMarcus Russell is a huge success too. :thumbsup:

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.