The QB competition is irrelevant

Simon

Rapelisberger was sacked 50 times last year as well and he threw for 4300 yards and a 100.5 passer rating.

He is very hard to tackle. He holds the ball a long time and fights off tackles. Not too many can hold up to the hits like he can. Certainly not anyone on our roster.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
And another thing - why does the FO get a free pass around here for "choosing to address the defense this offseason"? Since when did it become ok to focus on one side of the ball, and postpone actually winning games until some later season? Wtf? First, there was no salary cap. Second, there were players available on the offense side of things if the Bills wanted to aggressively pursue them, both in free agency and in the draft. I just do not understand it. IMO there was no excuse to at least attempt to add depth to the worst o-line in football this offseason, yet mystifyingly, this team chose not to. As a consequence, we're going to struggle to even compete in games, and it will further muddy the QB problem because (as the OP correctly points out) it will make it very difficult to evaluate the QBs on the roster. Why is that excusable?

The O-line situation has many folks, myself included, wondering the same thing. While I do believe a change in philosophy and proper play calling will have a positive overall effect, not addressing the big hole at LT seems somewhat odd/irresponsible in my opinion.

Why would you want to have such a huge question mark on a position that is arguably one of the most important ones in Football.

yeah, unfortunately you're right on the money

Not so sure. If Chan is paying attention, he's starting to realize that before live bullets start flying, Trent was the man. Now that he can see Trent completely falls down under pressure, he may rethink who he wants under center. Or maybe he'll put him in a shotgun to give him another second or 2 to make a decision.

If Chan is the Offensive guru that a lot of people think he is, we can expect some changes soon. He didn't appear to be very pleased in his post-game interview.

Guest dog14787
yeah, unfortunately you're right on the money

That's a moot point if you're afraid of the pressure and totally wilt. The difference is that Fitz can slide around and avoid the pass rush.

Not so sure. If Chan is paying attention, he's starting to realize that before live bullets start flying, Trent was the man. Now that he can see Trent completely falls down under pressure, he may rethink who he wants under center. Or maybe he'll put him in a shotgun to give him another second or 2 to make a decision.

Myself personally, I didn't see Trent wilting under pressure like the glove wearing Mary some folks make him out to be, and its a moot point If you bolt at the first sign of pressure like Fitz does, never get any continuity that way,

I watched TE stand up in the face of pressure throughout the Washington game and try to make plays.

Myself personally, I didn't see Trent wilting under pressure like the glove wearing Mary some folks make him out to be, and its a moot point If you bolt at the first sign of pressure like Fitz does,

I watched TE stand up in the face of pressure throughout the Washington game and try to make plays, just didn't have a bit of time to do it and was constantly under pressure.

You might be the only person that believes that...

After the 1st series, Trent played scared and retreated into last year's player. He completed just one pass after that.

Fitz looked like crap for a couple series and then settled down. He made multiple 1st downs and led the team down the field. Did you watch the TD pass to Nelson? He avoided the pressure, got away, made the pass! Fitz wasn't great, but he was the one that stood up to the pass rush, not TE.

Guest dog14787
You might be the only person that believes that...

After the 1st series, Trent played scared and retreated into last year's player. He completed just one pass after that.

Fitz looked like crap for a couple series and then settled down. He made multiple 1st downs and led the team down the field. Did you watch the TD pass to Nelson? He avoided the pressure, got away, made the pass! Fitz wasn't great, but he was the one that stood up to the pass rush, not TE.

settled down when 3rd stringers started coming onto the field, right...

Guest dog14787
let's say that Fitz had less talent coming at him than Trent did...

How can you possibly believe TE stood up under pressure and Fitz didn't?

Do you have enough of those drugs for everyone?

Buddy it was 35 -3 and late into the third quarter when Fitz finally scored during what would have been mop up duties

All these QB threads we're seeing are pointless, imo.

The Bills were completely incapable of protecting the QB off the edges last year and with no significant upgrades will once again be completely incapable of protecting the QB off the edges this year. There's not a single QB on this planet who can be successful operating behind this Offensive Line and our crop of BList signal callers is no exception. I don't care who is anointed the starter because no matter which guy it is, he is going to struggle moving the offense until he is inevitably hurt and then replaced by the next guy who will be dealing with the same set of insurmountable circumstances.

The front office doesn't see any of these guys as a long term solution to the position, which is part of the reason they chose to primarily address the defense this offseason. Addressing the OT and TE positions will come in the next step of the rebuild when they will be looking for a QB that they can hang their hats on.

So we can go round and round arguing about who's the better QB, but the fact is that it doesn't matter one lick who the Bills starting QB is this year. Whoever it is will only be the #1 for a relatively short time, serving as no more than an interchangeable part until the Bills bring in the guy they plan to go forward with.

You have to be kidding me. Nix F'd up the team by not addressing the OL, QB, WR positions this year. Thre were plenty of free agents to help all these positions. They left the fans with vomit in their mouths this year and I have no confidence this organization knows how to fix it. Any idiot would know you can't go into the season with the worst tackles, worst QB in the NFL and be competitive. They could have had anquoin bouldin, jamal charles, jimmy clausen or mcnabb and been competitive, while they continued to rebuild, know why they didn't? MONEY-Too Cheap or too dumb, take your pick.

BUF's talent is a bit weak. If you are the HC, you try to get the opposition guessing throughout the game with a couple of end-arounds, a HB pass now and then.

You are an older guy with young people. Spark up your players - try some pizazz.

Edited by stuckincincy

Should have signed Colt Brennan once Washington let him go, he would have been had for dirt cheap and automatically would have been the #2 IMO. We don't have our 2011 starting QB on this roster.

i hope levi brown takes issue with that.

and then does something about it.

You have to be kidding me. Nix F'd up the team by not addressing the OL, QB, WR positions this year. Thre were plenty of free agents to help all these positions. They left the fans with vomit in their mouths this year and I have no confidence this organization knows how to fix it. Any idiot would know you can't go into the season with the worst tackles, worst QB in the NFL and be competitive. They could have had anquoin bouldin, jamal charles, jimmy clausen or mcnabb and been competitive, while they continued to rebuild, know why they didn't? MONEY-Too Cheap or too dumb, take your pick.

Can we at least watch a regular season game (I would say a whole season myself, but that's just me) before anyone talks about how Nix "F'd up the team"? The small sample size of information that we do have of the Gailey/Nix era is not complete enough to make value judgments like "too cheap or too dumb".