Joique Bell is a possessed man

Skoobydum

Everyday, why hold a potential probowler back for a good pick?

Slow down goofball. Who knows if this guy can catch a pass, what is his intelligence level? Meaning if the QB makes an audible and he misunderstands and goes in the wrong direction and the QB gets flattened. Who knows if he can read the playbook properly. There is a lot to account for besides running the ball through some bad arm tackling. yeah he looked nice, but lets all put it in perspective for a second.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the current situation shows depth at RB can easily become an issue...

Yes, it can. But you have 53 active roster spots, and have to use them judiciously.

Most all clubs have a parade of RBs that get some playing time and get cut, and remain out there. Some hitch on with other clubs, some sit around waiting for a phone call.

The nature of the position is that they are decent learners of an offensive system, so if they are in shape when they get that call; they can be serviceable. As it seems to date, BUF will have to sacrifice a roster spot for Fred Jackson for a regular season game - possibly more. Not an uncommon thing.

sprained ankle?

Broken hand?

Is any of this confirmed?

Link?

Both of them

The Buffalo Bills could go into the regular season without starting running back Fred Jackson, who will be sidelined four to six weeks with a broken bone in his left hand, sources told The Buffalo News.

Meanwhile, backup running back Marshawn Lynch could be out three to four weeks with a high ankle sprain.

I hope Bell makes the team too.

However, let's not get too carried away, remember Lionel Gates?

If you are an RB everyone knows you can run, but the coaching staff wants to see if you can also catch passes, and more importantly know how to pick-up a blitzer.

I think Joique earned a spot on the roster after tonight...and he did pick up nicely on at least one blitz

tonight, the commentators (Tasker and Bentley) took note of it.

McIntyre was blocking well in the first quarter and they were definitely using him. If Fred and Lynch

were in would we use a FB as much? Probably not, but I still think Gailey will want to keep one for

offensive variety reasons.

So, the question is can the Bills keep 5 RBs on the 53? Do any teams ever keep that many on their active roster?

Would that mean one more receiver who has to go?

Practice squad! For realz.

I think J Bell made the 53 man roster tonight. A team will pick him up for sure if he is released. Nix needs to work the phones and see if he can deal Lynch for a good value player or pick.

I think J Bell made the 53 man roster tonight. A team will pick him up for sure if he is released. Nix needs to work the phones and see if he can deal Lynch for a good value player or pick.

Why are folks ready to throw Lynch under the porsche...errr...bus? :thumbsup: RB injuries happen all the time and why not keep 5 RBs if you are going to be a power running team?

I'm a Wayne State alum that watched Joique for 4 years here in Detroit...He's a keeper. He has a knack for the end zone and a heart the size of a Cadillac. He's also a great "team guy"... was a cadet on the Wayne State police Dept. and a leader on campus. Quality find for the Bills...He's gonna make a whole lot of teams regret passing him in the draft.

I'm a Wayne State alum that watched Joique for 4 years here in Detroit...He's a keeper. He has a knack for the end zone and a heart the size of a Cadillac. He's also a great "team guy"... was a cadet on the Wayne State police Dept. and a leader on campus. Quality find for the Bills...He's gonna make a whole lot of teams regret passing him in the draft.

He is making our team happy.

I remember that everyone on the defense touching him seemed to create more of a desperate desire to go further, he looked like he was running for his life.

Could we even think of cutting this guy?

Bell deserves a roster spot. I like him better than Lynch!

I hope Bell makes the team too.

However, let's not get too carried away, remember Lionel Gates?

If you are an RB everyone knows you can run, but the coaching staff wants to see if you can also catch passes, and more importantly know how to pick-up a blitzer.

Did you get a chance to watch the game, Bell picked up atleast one blitz and i believe two, i was trying to watch him as much as i could! While he was on special teams he made a couple tackles and was the first guy down the field on virtually every kick, this kid can not only run but too me he looks like he could be a diamond on st's while waiting for his chance to see the field.

Question, maybe a stupid one - how do you pronounce his first name?

Why are folks ready to throw Lynch under the porsche...errr...bus? :thumbsup: RB injuries happen all the time and why not keep 5 RBs if you are going to be a power running team?

I am not throwing Lynch under the Bus, There is only one Ball to go around and Jackson, Spiller and Bell could handle it. We have a lot of needs on this team and we could afford to trade a RB or a Cornerback. Also I think that Lynch is the kind of player that needs a lot of reps. I think that if he is under utilized he might drift into some bad habits on a personal level. I also think that a lot of teams would be interested in a player of his ability.

If Bell does not make the team, I whole-heartedly believe this will be something that we talk about for years to come. Is he going to get 1000 yds. this year? No way. But, he's a gamer with a ton to prove. By the 4th pre-season game he will be take some snaps aganist the opoosing 1st team defense. Regardless, didn't he sign a 3-year deal already? I know the Bills can cut him whenever, but a 3-year deal seems like an investment... right?