Obvious weaknesses you witnessed tonight ?

Skoobydum

I'll start with our something not expected but painfully true, our special teams play was weak and uninspired. Guys hoping to make the squad based on special teams blocking and fielding need to fear the next 3 weeks. We missed point of attack assignments and seeing Lankster give up our mid field position regardless of score or intelligence was a painful reminder of fundamentals being missed. We can defend the O-line's performance based on not field our best to start the game but our special team has been a mild pride of recent years that seemed to have been missed / overlooked.

If we lose our field position based on poor choices, we lose precious yards that will not be easy to make up without more of a grind for our obvious weakness at QB. That my friends is a formula for disaster, prepare.

I'll start with our something not expected but painfully true, our special teams play was weak and uninspired. Guys hoping to make the squad based on special teams blocking and fielding need to fear the next 3 weeks. We missed point of attack assignments and seeing Lankster give up our mid field position regardless of score or intelligence was a painful reminder of fundamentals being missed. We can defend the O-line's performance based on not field our best to start the game but our special team has been a mild pride of recent years that seemed to have been missed / overlooked.

If we lose our field position based on poor choices, we lose precious yards that will not be easy to make up without more of a grind for our obvious weakness at QB. That my friends is a formula for disaster, prepare.

Too many to list. The real question is whether you saw any positive out there? Defense got rag dolled, Offense sputtered, Special Teams looked god-awful. Did anyone spot anything positive other than Levi Brown's quick release?

Too many to list. The real question is whether you saw any positive out there? Defense got rag dolled, Offense sputtered, Special Teams looked god-awful. Did anyone spot anything positive other than Levi Brown's quick release?

Spiller had some moves with the ball in his hands ??

The running game is a definite positive. When our starting O-Line come back intact, it should be very impressive.

We seem to be good at running the ball, punting, kicking field goals, and returning kicks. We struggle at passing, stopping the run, defending the pass, returning punts, defending punts, defending kickoffs, and showing promise.

Did you see Lankster returning that punt?

The running game is a definite positive. When our starting O-Line come back intact, it should be very impressive.

Impressively bad maybe. Bell hasn't played much of camp. It says here Jamon Meredith will be a better tackle than Bell. Cordell is a stop gap measure. A Dockery at tackle.

I don't have much hope for the outside of this line. I think the interior is gonna be just fine once the tackle positions settle down.

C

The WORST thing I saw was that our defense flat out $ucked. Our O got our usual 17 points or so. Not a big dropoff or anything. Not only could we not get off of the field on 3rd down, we couldn't keep them out of the EZ either. Looks like the Redskins are way ahead of us in their transition to the 3-4 at this point.

Like the OL guys we were missing are all difference makers. Very impressive? There's no way you can say that. The runners were good, though.

Did anyone notice, by the way, that Devin Thomas had 3/64 and a TD? He was gone by the time we drafted, but would it have been a nice tradeup? Anyone else wonder if this is Thomas' breakout year?