So, it's still early but Gailey, we like him, right?

We don't yet know what Gaily fully is yet, but I think we know what he is not:

He's not going to stand on the sidelines w/o a headset on (Wade)

He's not going to stand motionless on the sidelines during intense moments of the game with that deer-in-the-headlights look in his eyes (Jauron)

He's not going to come in as a big talker (Greggo)

He'll run fundamentally sound plays and not goofy gimicks (Mularkey)

So, based on that, I like him. Seriously, based on all his interviews (and I think I've seen about all of them), the guy seems level-headed, fair-minded, intelligent, motivational, wise, etc. I like him.

Great Post! When I first heard Nix speak, I actually laughed out loud. And then when he picked Gailey I thought..."great, he picked another southern corn ball...we're doomed" But then I started studying Gailey's past...& about what Jerry Jones said ...regretting that he fired him. And listening to Gailey...& the decisions of CHIX, the way camp is being run...etc., etc. Well...I have done a complete 180. I have bought in & wrapped myself around this team. I sure hope all the guys on this board that feel the same way...well...I hope we're all smiling & still feeling great come seasons end.

Unlike some here, I always liked Wade. The Bills never should have fired him.

More than once, you guys, I have commented on what I thought, and still think, of Wade as a head coach.

Should he still be HC of the Bills. No.

However, after 8 season as an NFL head coach, you don't have just one losing season, one .500 season, two division titles, 5 playoff appearances and playoff appearances with 3 different teams by being just an ordinary coach.

I honestly think the Cowboys have a shot this year, but forgive me for digressing from the thread topic.

More than once, you guys, I have commented on what I thought, and still think, of Wade as a head coach.

Should he still be HC of the Bills. No.

However, after 8 season as an NFL head coach, you don't have just one losing season, one .500 season, two division titles, 5 playoff appearances and playoff appearances with 3 different teams by being just an ordinary coach.

I honestly think the Cowboys have a shot this year, but forgive me for digressing from the thread topic.

Excluding Gailey, if we had to pick one HC we have had since Marv to return & lead the Bills, I would choose Wade. I think he got a raw deal from RW. With that said, I'm glad we have Gailey. I prefer him over Wade (at this point in time anyway).

The guy has previous NFL & college head coaching experience, so he knows the right things to say to keep everyone optimistic about the team. He knows QB's and offense so he knows and understands what it takes to move the chains.

My problem is he didn't draft to rebuild the most important aspect of the offense and that is the offensive line. We all have seen in camp that Trent Edwards can be an effective QB when he is not getting hammered every passing play.

He made a statement about his new RB Spiller, that a dynamic RB can make an O line better, I still don't see how Spiller can give Edwards the time he needs to throw. So I suppose we will soon see Friday night against the Redskins if Gailey can get this offense rolling. If not Friday, hopefully before pre season ends.

Chan seems like old time football, Eddie Shore.

that is a reason to "buy in", as some are saying, regarding gailey. he just seems like a "FOOTBALL GUY", a guy from the south who has been weaned on football. i see nothing but a genuine desire to be successful. there isnt any "parcell-type theatrics", "rex ryan blowhardness", or "cowher spitting stuff" to define him. i will take it with open arms, because i think the players are sincerely buying in and that is important. i see some marv-like qualities in regard to the importance of preparation , which i felt had been lacking in recent coaches.

WEO, honestly I did debate that, but I would call it just a generally conglomeration of the seeming fact based upon my observation that over the last few months the normally bi**** members of TSW (myself included) generally have had little if nothing really bad to say about Gailey.

Which is a nice change from the previous regime.

Additionally, as I sort of stated, this isn't a final grade, this is just so far.

EDIT: Problems sleeping? I just got married, so in a way, yeaaahhhhhh. :)

Good luck!!

We don't yet know what Gaily fully is yet, but I think we know what he is not:

He's not going to stand on the sidelines w/o a headset on (Wade)

He's not going to stand motionless on the sidelines during intense moments of the game with that deer-in-the-headlights look in his eyes (Jauron)

He's not going to come in as a big talker (Greggo)

He'll run fundamentally sound plays and not goofy gimicks (Mularkey)

So, based on that, I like him. Seriously, based on all his interviews (and I think I've seen about all of them), the guy seems level-headed, fair-minded, intelligent, motivational, wise, etc. I like him.

He has to have some kind of trademark? Maybe it will be playing tough and winning more games.