Trent's confidence is soaring & he has become more vocal

Skoobydum

Hopefully the 4-1 Trent from a couple of years ago shows up

Hopefully not.

Trent's play was pitiful, but he happened to play against some of the worst defenses that year during that stretch.

this all sounds great in TRAINING CAMP. Every year people make the Bills out to be a potential playoff/Super Bowl contender and then we know what happens after that for the last 10 years. So I need the Bills to PROVE IT on the field.

During Peyton Manning's first 4 years, he as 32-29 as a starter. It usually takes a certain amount of time before QB's get their stuff straight, so saying he'll always look the same is really silly.

Did you just mention Peyton Manning and Trent Edwards in the same capacity?

If so, that's silly

Manning is an alpha male, born and bread to play QB in the NFL.

Trent's a "nice" guy with a buttery soft mental make up...

The critical issue with Trent Edwards has to do with the play of his OL. If the line plays at a reasonable level and he falters then you can make a fair evaluation of him. If the line is constantly under seige then it is very difficult to evaluate the qb and the skill positions.

I still have major concerns with our OL, especially both OTs. At this point the organization is going with what it already has. I can't help but be nervous about it.

What your saying is only partially true. Our line clearly needs to improve. But I remember hearing the same thing about Rob Johnson. Rob would be much better with a good offensive line but when Flutie got in the game the OL seemed to play a lot better. Why did the line seem to play so much better for Flutie than Johnson...They didn't it was the quarterbacking.

I think you will find the same to be true hear to a certain degree. We need a better line no doubt but with a qb that can make the quick read assess his open receivers and get rid of the ball that will make the line look much better.

Yes, I want Trent to do well this year. I would like us to at least draft the best OT an OG in round one & two next year. The 49ers did this in the past draft . Then our O.line would really be a beast and compliment Levitre & Wood too. The key for Buddy & Chan is build the lines and the wins will come. They said it themselves they cannot turn this team around in one draft, I agree. The Bills are on the right track, just need to keep the owner alive.

You don't know that they will need an OT or OG next season. What if players you think are terrible actually take the next step and play well? But we need help at OLB or DE? Let the season play out before you start drafting for 2011. If OL are needed they can get them through Free Agency as well.

And in 2008. The one difference I am now reading is his desire to actually engage in communication with his WRs.

For Edwards, that's a huge step forward.

Now, if just can continue that into the regular season ...

I'm not Anti-Trent, and I hope this is true.

But I think getting excited over every bit of TC hype is a bit excessive. (Is this skooby the same skooby that was the old skooby? If so, that might explain things.)

I'm very excited about the season starting and can't wait to see what the new staff can do. But I think I'll wait for guys like Trent to actually perform on the field before I get too excited. I've heard this all (or at least most of it) before.

But I think getting excited over every bit of TC hype is a bit excessive.

The defense was ruling the day last week and the offense looked much better last night, I would take it all in stride and enjoy hearing that we have some offensive success. Lord knows it's been sorely lacking for years.

If Trent starts, weeks 4-5 will tell us whether or not he has improved (especially if Revis is playing by week 4 when we have the Jets). Edwards looked good in weeks 1 and 2 last year and week 1 was nationally televised. But then the trentativeness kicked in and he sputtered from then on. He also looked good in the first few weeks of 08 but then after the concussion he got sloppy. I hope he starts and I would like to think that his struggles were based on a poorly run offense that the new regime will fix but time will tell.