Lenny P says Shelton should go to Pro Bowl

billsburgh

from this weeks tip sheet

It's always difficult to find a fullback candidate for the Pro Bowl squads and so, for the most part, the same guys go back to the game year after year. But this year, if you're stumped on the AFC ballot, take a look at Daimon Shelton of the Bills. Yeah, we know, Tony Richardson of Kansas City is hard to ignore. But Shelton has been a huge part of the Bills' recent surge. And if Willis McGahee hits the 1,000-yard mark, as anticipated, it will be the fourth time in his career that Shelton has been the lead blocker for a 1,000-yard runner. ... Even with their recent hot streak, observers feel the Bills still face a tough offseason decision on the fate of Drew Bledsoe. The veteran quarterback has done a nice job of managing the game, as coach Mike Mularkey wants, but is still prone to turnovers. The had three interceptions in last week's 38-9 rout of Seattle, and two of them came on plays where receivers were open for potential touchdowns. ...

My vote goes to TD for comeback player of the year :rolleyes: . But seriously, how many of these guys can he keep hitting on. Shelton, MaGee, Evans, Willis, Kelsey, Fast Freddy, and Baker. Many more if you wanted to get down to it. I used to hate on TD from time to time but his decisions seem to really be paying some dividends now.

Upon further review... I've put down my pitchfork and torch because FINALLY we're beginning to see some positive results coming from his four years in Buffalo.

IT'S ABOUT TIME!

This year's squad has regained a semblance of respectability and I'm very thankful for that. Hat's off to MM and his coaches for digging in doing a decent job with what TD gave them to work with.

I'm still not in love with old Whitey, and before you jump on me imagine what this board will be like if the Bills lose tomorrow to Minnime. It'll get worse the closer they come to running the table as the smell of playoffs is in the air, and the Bills Nation is back into the mentality of "The Hunt." It's only going to take one bad game to turn those emotions upside down and inside out and the bloodletting will begin anew. Again, at least MM has brought this team to the brink of respectability, so the entire season will not be a steaming heap of goat custards. He at least has brought back the promise of future greatness to this franchise, and I'm appreciative for that.

Oh, and as for Shelton - he's the comeback player of the year, and a decent shot at the ProBowl depending on how well the Bills finish out in the Fourth Quarter of Season 2004. I voted for him.

imagine what this board will be like if the Bills lose tomorrow to Minnime. It'll get worse the closer they come to running the table as the smell of playoffs is in the air, and the Bills Nation is back into the mentality of "The Hunt." It's only going to take one bad game to turn those emotions upside down and inside out and the bloodletting will begin anew.

145631[/snapback]

Even worse, imagine what happens if the Bills get eliminated and Bledsoe is still starting the next week. :rolleyes::lol::P:w00t:

The tale of the tape tells it all. If you can go back and look at Mcgahee's TD's this season and notice Shelton's lead block is pounding defender's on every play.

Doesn't matter.

Other FB's have better rushing stats, and since stats don't lie, whoever has the best stats is the best player and should go to the ProBowl.

Doesn't matter.

Other FB's have better rushing stats, and since stats don't lie, whoever has the best stats is the best player and should go to the ProBowl.

145716[/snapback]

Not entirely true...how did Sam Gash make it to the Pro Bowl those times? His rushing stats were pathetic...yet his reputation got him to the Pro Bowl. Sadly, despite how well Shelton is playing, he has no reputation and his rushing stats, as Simon pointed out, arent that great. No rep and no rushing stats = No Pro Bowl.

Not entirely true...how did Sam Gash make it to the Pro Bowl those times?

Just to clarify, I was being entirely facetious.

It was a gratuitous smart-assed comment based on a comment seq made in another thread :rolleyes:

I remember Shelton blowing serious chunks the first 4 games of the season, but then again...who on our offense didn't?

Now, he's looking like a great free agent pickup. Nice job, TD.

145850[/snapback]

I remember that, too, seems like a lot of people have forgotten.

But I take my hat off to him, he's been great..

ever since Willis began starting.

GO WILLIS!!!