Who's the first Buffalo Bill selected in Fantasy?

As we all know, fantasy football is fast approaching and since the Bills are pretty much out of the running by Thanksgiving, I need something else to follow on a weekly basis....so my question to all of you is who is the first Buffalo Bill that should be taken off the board? Evans, Spiller, Edwards, other?

GO BILLS!

Spiller. In the 5th in a 14 team league.

(Clarification: any 14 team league NOT in WNY. Homers will always overreach for a Bill)

I've picked up too many Bills players in the past and gotten burned. This year I'll go for Spiller but only if he slides. I know someone in our league will pick him up early though cause of how he'll be ranked on some fantasy chart. Lee

Evans, he'll be the one i'll really consider for my 3rd wide out :doh: Everyone in my league will expect him to under perform again this year. But I'm thinking things might be a little different for him this time around.

As we all know, fantasy football is fast approaching and since the Bills are pretty much out of the running by Thanksgiving, I need something else to follow on a weekly basis....so my question to all of you is who is the first Buffalo Bill that should be taken off the board? Evans, Spiller, Edwards, other?

GO BILLS!

Fantasy football question, I love it (finally a thread that isnt about how the world is ending for the Bills)...have to admit I love fantasy football and have been playing before most people knew about it and you had to score it using your local papers sports page by hand. I am 34 now and I think I played in my first fantasy league when I was in 7th grade in the late 80's.

Honestly, I think 3 players will be drafted in most leagues...Evans, Jackson, and Spiller. Jackson most likely goes before Spiller and Evans unless our passing game starts showing some real life in the preseason. All 3 I would guess would be mid round picks with Jackson probably most likely the first off somewhere near the 4th round. Spiller will have more value in deeper leagues, keeper leagues, and dynasty leagues. Otherwise he and Evans probably start coming off the board between 6th and 10th rounds depending on the league format and how many teams are in the league.

Again, all depends on what we show in the preseason. If the offense struggles, our guys will slide, if our passing game shows life, then Evans value may go up a round or two.

SLEEPER ALERT: If you have room on your roster, dont be scared to snatch up the Bills D/ST in the last round as your second unit. Historically, a switch to the 3-4 usually finds early success. More importantly our unit has the potential to be a good fantasy unit as we are loaded with weapons on ST and our D has the potential to produce some turnovers with our secondary. If the offense can stay on the field longer and our D can stay moderately healthy, it has the potential to be a big sleeper. Dont waste anything other than the last pick or two on them though...

Fantasy football question, I love it (finally a thread that isnt about how the world is ending for the Bills)...have to admit I love fantasy football and have been playing before most people knew about it and you had to score it using your local papers sports page by hand. I am 34 now and I think I played in my first fantasy league when I was in 7th grade in the late 80's.

Honestly, I think 3 players will be drafted in most leagues...Evans, Jackson, and Spiller. Jackson most likely goes before Spiller and Evans unless our passing game starts showing some real life in the preseason. All 3 I would guess would be mid round picks with Jackson probably most likely the first off somewhere near the 4th round. Spiller will have more value in deeper leagues, keeper leagues, and dynasty leagues. Otherwise he and Evans probably start coming off the board between 6th and 10th rounds depending on the league format and how many teams are in the league.

Again, all depends on what we show in the preseason. If the offense struggles, our guys will slide, if our passing game shows life, then Evans value may go up a round or two.

SLEEPER ALERT: If you have room on your roster, dont be scared to snatch up the Bills D/ST in the last round as your second unit. Historically, a switch to the 3-4 usually finds early success. More importantly our unit has the potential to be a good fantasy unit as we are loaded with weapons on ST and our D has the potential to produce some turnovers with our secondary. If the offense can stay on the field longer and our D can stay moderately healthy, it has the potential to be a big sleeper. Dont waste anything other than the last pick or two on them though...

Been playing since 1989...I won my league that first year (mega-bucks, about 2k, we didn't play head to head, just cumulative stats) and have been hooked ever since... Jim Everett was my QB, he had a monster year... had Chris Miller the following year...the good 'ol days! :doh:

I agree! :doh:

I always grab a Def late, or just work the waiver wire until I find a gem like New Orleans last year-- Suprisingly, even with the Bills coming off of a 28 int /32 sack season and having some of the most dynamic KR/PR's, the Bills are NOT considered a sleeper Def. --- I don't get it??

Sports Illustrated doesn't even have them rated in the top 25 Defenses??? I grabbed the Bills in 5 out of the 6 mock drafts that I already did online, I'm not only hoping, but expecting them to be a top 8 fantasy Defense.

Some interesting responses to this question. Being a fantasy football nut and having had great success at it I will answer for both a keeper league and a regular league. In a keeper league without question the answer is CJ Spiller. In a standard league, however, CJ Spiller is still the answer. LOL. I like Fred Jackson. I like ALL of our running backs but the harsh reality is that Fred Jackson scored 2 rushing TDs in 16 games last year. THAT DOESN'T CUT IT! Spiller hasn't done a thing yet in the NFL and might not even get that many rushing TDs but he does represent greater potential and will likely be drafted first of all the Bills.