Buddy's first BIG mistakeS

So what you are saying is that you agree with my original post. Buddy thought and was counting on Schobel coming back. Schobel decided that he doesn't want to be here. Buddy did not plan for this and it's so freeking obvious.

So what's the problem with my post other than the fact that you have the reading comprehension of a 5th grader? Are you happy with Kelsay, Maybin, Batten and Mitchell being your primary pass rushers? I know Brady, Sanchez and Henne have to be.

This is not at all what I said, seems to be you have the reading comprehension issue. I never said Nix was counting on him coming back...please show me anywhere I wrote anything remotely close to that...

I said Buddy left the door open for him to come back out of respect for a guy who has been a good player for a long time for this team and was still under contract. But ONLY if he was willing to come in and report to camp (Nix even said this) and put the work in just like everyone else. When Schobel made it clear that wasnt happening anytime soon with his recent comments, they decided it was time to continue moving on and officially closed the door.

Your rants just get more foolish with everyone..

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute 100% bull ****.

I am not a big fan of the Spiller pick. But I understand that Nix picked who he thought was the best available player still left. I may not care for it, but I understand why he did it. To say that RB is a position of need on this team with glaring needs almost everywhere except RB because there is a need for a "offensive playmaker" is so ridiculous it is laughable.

Tell me "best available" or "we will need a stud RB in 3 years after the rebuild" and I am with you. But I cannot stomach "we filled a offensive playmaker position of need".

Ok, rant mode off. I just hate rationalization.

I was not a fan of pick either but in reality the back who ended up the starter is 29 and has not shown the ability to score TDs. The other RB had a league suspension and was another dumb move away from perhaps a year-long suspension. His productivity also tailed off.

They likely didn't feel comfortable with what they had. Still, why not then draft a Mathews who could be an every down back?? Or, get their scatback in a later round?

I was not a fan of pick either but in reality the back who ended up the starter is 29 and has not shown the ability to score TDs. The other RB had a league suspension and was another dumb move away from perhaps a year-long suspension. His productivity also tailed off.

They likely didn't feel comfortable with what they had. Still, why not then draft a Mathews who could be an every down back?? Or, get their scatback in a later round?

Just curious...how were they going to draft Mathews if they didnt take him at #9? Spiller was hands down the highest graded RB in the draft, so why would they choose Mathews over him at #9 especially since Spiller was exactly the kind of back he wanted too?

This is not at all what I said, seems to be you have the reading comprehension issue. I never said Nix was counting on him coming back...please show me anywhere I wrote anything remotely close to that...

I said Buddy left the door open for him to come back out of respect for a guy who has been a good player for a long time for this team and was still under contract. But ONLY if he was willing to come in and report to camp (Nix even said this) and put the work in just like everyone else. When Schobel made it clear that wasnt happening anytime soon with his recent comments, they decided it was time to continue moving on and officially closed the door.

Your rants just get more foolish with everyone..

Why leave the door open for so long if he didn't think he was coming back? Because he thought he could persuade him>>>>>FAIL! Please, you believe what you want to believe and believe what I want.

Either way, you cannot say that the Bills didn't dropped the ball when it came to improving the OLB position in the draft or in free agency. Save the "they cannot build an entire team in one draft." Shouldn't you start with the most important positions? The spots where you don't have legit incumbents like Kyle Williams, Stroud, Freddy Jax? Well, Schobel ain't here anymore and there will be no position more evident of this mistake....other than Tackle and QB of course. B-)

You're right. The similarities between Bruce and Carrington are stunning. Let's name them...they're both big! B-)

The similarities between my point and yours are non-existent.

Also, if you required Bruce Smith to have get pressure on the passer in certain situations, nobody would be running the 3-4. I'll grant you that 3-4 ends aren't among the sack leaders these days but that doesn't mean Edwards won't be looking to our DEs in certain pass-rush packages.

The similarities between my point and yours are non-existent.

Also, if you required Bruce Smith to have get pressure on the passer in certain situations, nobody would be running the 3-4. I'll grant you that 3-4 ends aren't among the sack leaders these days but that doesn't mean Edwards won't be looking to our DEs in certain pass-rush packages.

I heard very little negatives about Carrington coming out except that he wasn't going to be able to provide an outside pass rush. He's a 5 technique, not an edge rusher.

Why leave the door open for so long if he didn't think he was coming back? Because he thought he could persuade him>>>>>FAIL! Please, you believe what you want to believe and believe what I want.

Either way, you cannot say that the Bills didn't dropped the ball when it came to improving the OLB position in the draft or in free agency. Save the "they cannot build an entire team in one draft." Shouldn't you start with the most important positions? The spots where you don't have legit incumbents like Kyle Williams, Stroud, Freddy Jax? Well, Schobel ain't here anymore and there will be no position more evident of this mistake....other than Tackle and QB of course. B-)

What? Our LB corp as a whole is better this year. They added Davis who is a really good player and has been impressive in camp already. They moved Maybin to LB and Ellis, both of which are showing promise in camp. We switched to 3-4 and brought in guys up front like Dwan and Troup that will make life easier for our LB's and allow us to use the key intangibles of players like Maybin (which is his speed off the edge). Not to mention Carrington has been impressive and looks like a guy who can contribute early.

You just want to find a way to hate everything they are doing. When in reality they have made a lot of great changes already, brought in new talent in FA and the draft, been great in handling all the positional competitions, and made a very strong and valuable statement to the team in cutting Schobel.

The case you make of specific big mistakes seems poorly aimed. My sense from looking at what the Bills were saying and doing did seem to take into account that Schobel might not be around this year and certainly that he was no long term answer. You seem mistaken in your conclusion that the Bills were all fired sure he would be back and a contributor. They had him penciled in on the depth chart at OLB and simply this switch at his age means you are not counting on him.

The second big difference between what you say is a given and what the Bills did with the draft is that you seem dedicated to the idea that the way the draft should be done is by need and the highest need is DE.

Actually, there is a legit argument that particularly with a top 10 pick there is a strong case to be made to take the best player available and taking the first RB who is generally regarded as the best gamebreaker on the board is a legit view.

n the second round they did take a DL player and many would argue that a run stuffing DT is a bigger need for our 3-4 than a pass rusher and then even after that there are assessment differences between the best DE available and Troop which are easily reasonable disagreements.

On the second day you are talking a bout depth and not about starters at all positions and the biggest mistake would be planning on filling holes immediately with players taken on the second day.

Your general point seems counter to reality even if you disagree with specifics of what the Bills did.

What? Our LB corp as a whole is better this year. They added Davis who is a really good player and has been impressive in camp already. They moved Maybin to LB and Ellis, both of which are showing promise in camp. We switched to 3-4 and brought in guys up front like Dwan and Troup that will make life easier for our LB's and allow us to use the key intangibles of players like Maybin (which is his speed off the edge). Not to mention Carrington has been impressive and looks like a guy who can contribute early.

Seriously, you come with Ellis and Maybin make the LB's better!?!? Really?? They have 3 combined seasons and ZERO sacks to show for them. Do they even have a QB pressure!?!?

Davis is not a really good player, he's an average player. Really good players get more than 2 million dollars guaranteed in their contracts. I like Davis but he is SLOOOWWWW and will be nothing more than a 2 down LB because he is a liability in passing situations. Will he improve our MLB's? He should, he has no competition! What if Davis or Poz (never happens) go down, then who?

You are making enormous leaps of faith if you are relying on Maybin, Ellis and Davis to vastly improve this team, but then again, you proclaimed Brohm to be the next Kurt Warner so what can I expect from you ADummy7. B-)

The first BIG MISTAKE was assuming that Schobel was coming back. Buddy expected to get one more productive year out of Schobel as the teams primary pass rusher. Well that's not going to happen.

Dont you get the feeling they picked the best players rather than positions and needs, as if they felt it was only a matter of time before we were that good?

Seriously, you come with Ellis and Maybin make the LB's better!?!? Really?? They have 3 combined seasons and ZERO sacks to show for them. Do they even have a QB pressure!?!?

Davis is not a really good player, he's an average player. Really good players get more than 2 million dollars guaranteed in their contracts. I like Davis but he is SLOOOWWWW and will be nothing more than a 2 down LB because he is a liability in passing situations. Will he improve our MLB's? He should, he has no competition! What if Davis or Poz (never happens) go down, then who?

You are making enormous leaps of faith if you are relying on Maybin, Ellis and Davis to vastly improve this team, but then again, you proclaimed Brohm to be the next Kurt Warner so what can I expect from you ADummy7. B-)

Its posters like you that are the problem with this board...I dont have a problem that you see our LB corp more negatively and I see it more optimisticly based on recent camp reports. I have a problem with this baseless gibberish you write by literally making things up that other people didnt say. At NO POINT have I ever claimed Brohm to be anything other than a guy with upside. I never said he would be great, definitely never said he would be the next Kurt Warner. I simply said I like his potential and think he has a lot of upside and wanted to see what he could do.

But you just continue to spew off at the mouth with pointless and gibberish jabs liket this that not only are not true but add no value to any thread. You do this with lots of posters on here too...

Its posters like you that are the problem with this board...I dont have a problem that you see our LB corp more negatively and I see it more optimisticly based on recent camp reports. I have a problem with this baseless gibberish you write by literally making things up that other people didnt say. At NO POINT have I ever claimed Brohm to be anything other than a guy with upside. I never said he would be great, definitely never said he would be the next Kurt Warner. I simply said I like his potential and think he has a lot of upside and wanted to see what he could do.

But you just continue to spew off at the mouth with pointless and gibberish jabs liket this that not only are not true but add no value to any thread. You do this with lots of posters on here too...

Awww Alpha, you're so sensitive. :censored:B-)

I'm glad you're playing post police and stalking out my posts. Here's the deal, you get mad at me because I don't wear rose colored glasses and believe Buddy walks on water. Look at how you responded to my original post, not in a nice manner. Was there anything on my post insulting you? No, but you came out swinging and now you're crying about getting beat on.

Your made up stories about Brohm and man-love for him were pathetic. For GOD SAKES, HE'S PLAYING THIRD FIDDLE TO TRENT AND FITZY! Did I exaggerate a bit about you proclaiming him to be the next KW, yes...it's called sarcasm, look it up. :censored:

I'm glad you're playing post police and stalking out my posts. Here's the deal, you get mad at me because I don't wear rose colored glasses and believe Buddy walks on water. Look at how you responded to my original post, not in a nice manner. Was there anything on my post insulting you? No, but you came out swinging and now you're crying about getting beat on.

Your made up stories about Brohm and man-love for him were pathetic. For GOD SAKES, HE'S PLAYING THIRD FIDDLE TO TRENT AND FITZY! Did I exaggerate a bit about you proclaiming him to be the next KW, yes...it's called sarcasm, look it up. :censored:

Well, you did call him AlphaDOUCHE7 in there somewhere. :lol::D

I dont care about your negative stance on things, thats your beef...I dont have a problem with your countless insults, whatever floats your boat. I respond to you the way you have always responded to me, and I can handle it.

Its your constant posts of made up stuff that get old just to try and somehow propt you up. If you dont agree with something I say and want to blast it, great, more power to you and I welcome it. But, its your rediculous made up things like that which really seal you reputation as a terrible poster.

Its your constant posts of made up stuff that get old just to try and somehow propt you up. If you dont agree with something I say and want to blast it, great, more power to you and I welcome it. But, its your rediculous made up things like that which really seal you reputation as a terrible poster.

That one is tough...I mean it sounds like it should be spelled that way. :censored:

I'm glad you don't like my posts because I couldn't imagine being in line with your logic. B-)

You have to show me where I made anything up and I'll be accountable....I'll be waiting.... :censored:

and AlphaDummy7 B-)

Jesus Beavis, calm the Hell down. You had your rant and frankly not much light shed here. Shobel was accounted for by drafting lots of LB's and signing a few more. And like it or not Spiller is the one and only player we have that other DC's will have to account for. He has 21 TDs of 50 yards or more! He's the only game chanager we have and I'm thrilled we got him (yes he'll be in camp soon enough) and we will have a coach who knows how to use him.

I don't know who posted this thought but I agree.....why in world did you think Buddy coud have turned this team around in one year? We're full of holes and right now we're seeing if the guys we have in camp can fill them. Let's watch and enjoy the process instead of going off like a bottle rocket because a player was released or is unsigned.

Jesus Beavis, calm the Hell down. You had your rant and frankly not much light shed here. Shobel was accounted for by drafting lots of LB's and signing a few more. And like it or not Spiller is the one and only player we have that other DC's will have to account for. He has 21 TDs of 50 yards or more! He's the only game chanager we have and I'm thrilled we got him (yes he'll be in camp soon enough) and we will have a coach who knows how to use him.

I don't know who posted this thought but I agree.....why in world did you think Buddy coud have turned this team around in one year? We're full of holes and right now we're seeing if the guys we have in camp can fill them. Let's watch and enjoy the process instead of going off like a bottle rocket because a player was released or is unsigned.

You think drafting a couple of guys from low level schools in the 6th round is addressing the LB situation. I don't think that's addressing anything but your special teams unit and your practice squad.

You think the Bills were limited as to how many positions they could fill through the draft. I think they picked a bunch of players at positions that already had good players (Freddy, Williams and Stroud).

I do think the Bills could have put a much better product on the field this year. And it seems like many on here believe that it takes teams 3 years to rebuild and are fine with losing. I believe that a QB, Tackle and OLB/Pass rusher are the most important players on a team and were available and those positions were not addressed until the later rounds where "steals" only come around a few times a decade.

I've said throughout this post that Spiller is a great player. I thought Reggie Bush was great coming out of college to but he is pretty one dimensional and is more of a luxury than a feature back. That scares me about Spiller, will he be more Marshall Faulk or more Reggie Bush. So while I do think he is a great offensive weapon, thee were tackles and pass rushers all over the place too.

We just think differently that's all...only time will tell who's right. Though according to many, it will take 3-4 years. B-)