Rex Ryan's Revis Comments

I'm not sure what to think about Rex's comments stating that Revis can hold out until the day before the first regular season game and still start. The guy deserves to get paid appropriatly to his skill level and I'm not crazy enough to ever expect him not to start due to how much he means to that defense, I just think thats a very odd message to send to your team. If you have a roster full of stars and openly say if your good and you hold out you'll still start, how's that promote a work ethic?

I'm not sure what to think about Rex's comments stating that Revis can hold out until the day before the first regular season game and still start. The guy deserves to get paid appropriatly to his skill level and I'm not crazy enough to ever expect him not to start due to how much he means to that defense, I just think thats a very odd message to send to your team. If you have a roster full of stars and openly say if your good and you hold out you'll still start, how's that promote a work ethic?

I think it's perfectly fine and would be more than happy if Rex told the entire team to stay home until the day before the season. But, I'm a nut like that.

I think it's perfectly fine and would be more than happy if Rex told the entire team to stay home until the day before the season. But, I'm a nut like that.

Yeah I'm definitely hoping he stays home all offseason...just was suprised by Rex's openness

This is RR (not so) very subtly letting a player know he's in his corner. As a player, you like that.

As an owner or GM, I'm ready to put a muzzle on RR and let him know he's gotta toe the company line. Not a good move at all by RR.

Personally, while DR is their best player and is key to what he does on defense, if I'm the backup CB bustin' my hump in the heat, I don't like to hear a coach show this blatant favoritism. But that backup can't kid himself either.

GO BILLS!!!

1. Don't be puzzled by RR comments. Prob just the bad tofu burger he ate last night coming back to haunt him!

2. I don't think any of RR's players can be too happy with what he said- especially since that locker room seems to be filled with "me first" A-type players. Hopefully, this is just the beginning of what proves to be a train wreck of a Jet season.

This is RR (not so) very subtly letting a player know he's in his corner. As a player, you like that.

As an owner or GM, I'm ready to put a muzzle on RR and let him know he's gotta toe the company line. Not a good move at all by RR.

Personally, while DR is their best player and is key to what he does on defense, if I'm the backup CB bustin' my hump in the heat, I don't like to hear a coach show this blatant favoritism. But that backup can't kid himself either.

GO BILLS!!!

Couldn't agree more. Rex Ryan's loose mouth is going to cost him big someday. If his "stars" don't perform this year and the Jets don't become "God of the East", he may find himself out of work sooner than later.

I've got a new avatar in honor of Rex Ryan.

That's awesome, where did you find it-- or did you photoshop it yourself? I'm actually pretty proud of my google+paintbrush Avatar I just put up tonight. It's my first!