Schefter Tweet- Bills moving forward w/o Schobel

We may not have a great product on the field right now, but our FO is awesome and it's moves like these that get me more and more confident that our relevancy will return sooner rather then later.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you bring a defensive end of Schobel's level for an 8 million one year contract?

If you did not immediately say "no way" to that question, you will want to start watching reading rainbow and getting some Math flash cards. Elementary school starts in a couple weeks and it would be best if you were prepared.

Bingo. I don't doubt his ability to rush the passer, but opposing offenses would probably have a field day designing ways to isolate him in coverage and expose that weakness.

Not necessarily. 3-4 defenses have to compensate in coverage for 'tweeners such as Paup and Kevin Greene. That would have been his role, and he would have been able to sit a lot of plays. I think it might have worked well but I suppose we will never know.

Can we finally admit that Aaron Schobel's BS ruse about retiring was nothing but a selfish attempt to be traded because he didn't want to put in the work to become a 3 - 4 LB and he was tired of the Bills?

He screwed the Bills by threatening to retire and placing unrealistic demands upon them regarding shortened work weeks during the season as well as skipping OTAs and training camp. He screwed the Bills out of potentially trading him to a team and getting something in return because now teams are just waiting for his release. He screwed the Bills out of finding a viable PROVEN replacement for his skills or giving them time to change strategies BEFORE the draft.

This guy is a selfish prick who didn't have the stones to ask for a trade and be judged in the court of public opinion for jumping ship. Instead he orchestrated the situation such that he destroyed any trade value he had leaving the Bills high and dry. He was an up and down but often GREAT player. Unlike the Peters whiners, I won't question his skills and his probowl appearances because I don't like how he handled his business OFF the field. I will even give him credit for not pulling a complete Haynesworth by also taking the bonus money he could have gotten earlier in the year. Still this guy gave us the shaft. He doesn't have gold teeth and dread locks so people will probably give him a pass but he dorked us over pretty good.

Apparently his supposed retirement and wanting to stay in Houston was all BS if he is willing to talk to any team other than the Texans. If that really is the case this guy hid behind his family as the excuse for why he wanted out of Buffalo. What a kitty.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...to-other-teams/