Bills Text....

He wasn't 230.

He was listed at 230, although everyone said that was optimistic. His twitter said he has added ten pounds. I am getting this from a couple dozen sources. I am not saying you are wrong. Either way, it isnt a huge difference in weight. Let me know where you are coming from here.

He was listed at 230, although everyone said that was optimistic. His twitter said he has added ten pounds. I am getting this from a couple dozen sources. I am not saying you are wrong. Either way, it isnt a huge difference in weight. Let me know where you are coming from here.

He was listed at 232, and he said he gained 10 pounds. That means he is 242, which is not too small.

Since you seem to know the unforeseeable, do you have tonight's lottery numbers?

It didn't take a psychic to realize that a slow LB with poor field awareness and an undersized converted safety, both late round draft picks, weren't going to light it up in the NFL.

The impressive thing about Nic Harris is his life story. You must root for men like Nic, whether he makes it as a pro football player or not. He has made it as a man, which is more than most on this board. There are intangibles beyond whether or not he makes the team that you must look at. Also Bowen and Harris both blew out knees. That they have not made it back from serious injury is unfortunate but not because they "suck". I'd rather root for a losing team full of Bowens & Harris's then some collection of prima donna's like the new Miami Heat or NY Jets.

Good luck with that.

Doesn't matter. The guy was never going to be a player, but people learn someone's name and automatically start interjecting him into the lineup. They were doing it with Alvin Bowen when I got to this site. He sucked and got cut. Then it started with Nic Harris. Ditto for him. Now we get to do it all over again with Moats and Batten. SSDD.

Give Moats and Batten a chance before you're so quick to dismiss. Who cares about where they were drafted, or the small schools that they came from, one (or both) may turn into a find. One of the first things Drayton Florence tweeted back at OTAs, "just got to camp. I can tell you this, that #57 (Batten) is a player." Our own figure head Chris Brown, stated that Batten was the fastest OLB the Bills have. Give them a chance to sink or swim and don't automatically assume that both will suck, like every other previous late round LB..

Give Moats and Batten a chance before you're so quick to dismiss. Who cares about where they were drafted, or the small schools that they came from, one (or both) may turn into a find. One of the first things Drayton Florence tweeted back at OTAs, "just got to camp. I can tell you this, that #57 (Batten) is a player." Our own figure head Chris Brown, stated that Batten was the fastest OLB the Bills have. Give them a chance to sink or swim and don't automatically assume that both will suck, like every other previous late round LB..

It's not that I assume they'll suck, it's that people need to settle with their expectations on players like that. It doesn't matter who it is, it's always the same unfounded optimism by what feels like a majority of posters. I wish the best for Batten and Moats and anyone in a Bills uniform, but it seems like every few days there's someone posting about how excited they are for Player X to get his opportunity for no good reason. Besides, are we really getting hyped up about a tweet? Seriously?

The first one I remember this being about was Alvin Bowen. There was no reason whatsoever to be even remotely excited about his presence on the team, yet so many were. Then Bowen got cut after one year and Nic Harris came along. An undersized converted safety who scouted poorly, the masses talked about him like he was the next Cornelius Bennett, yet he couldn't even cut it as the next Coy Wire. Now I hear the same about Moats and Batten yet these people have undoubtedly never seen this guy play a down except for maybe a 30 second youtube video they watched the day after the draft. If you went to SDSU or JMU and you saw him play frequently then that's one thing, but the unfounded and baseless optimism just gets old after awhile.

If you went to SDSU or JMU and you saw him play frequently then that's one thing, but the unfounded and baseless optimism just gets old after awhile.

What's wrong with a little baseless optimism? If I lost my baseless optimism there's no way on Earth I'd still be watching Bills games.

It's not that I assume they'll suck, it's that people need to settle with their expectations on players like that. It doesn't matter who it is, it's always the same unfounded optimism by what feels like a majority of posters. I wish the best for Batten and Moats and anyone in a Bills uniform, but it seems like every few days there's someone posting about how excited they are for Player X to get his opportunity for no good reason. Besides, are we really getting hyped up about a tweet? Seriously?

The first one I remember this being about was Alvin Bowen. There was no reason whatsoever to be even remotely excited about his presence on the team, yet so many were. Then Bowen got cut after one year and Nic Harris came along. An undersized converted safety who scouted poorly, the masses talked about him like he was the next Cornelius Bennett, yet he couldn't even cut it as the next Coy Wire. Now I hear the same about Moats and Batten yet these people have undoubtedly never seen this guy play a down except for maybe a 30 second youtube video they watched the day after the draft. If you went to SDSU or JMU and you saw him play frequently then that's one thing, but the unfounded and baseless optimism just gets old after awhile.

I forget who said it recently, but it's true. They said Bills fans are extremely optimistic about the unknown, and pessimistic about the known. Who do fans love around here? The unknowns (Steve Johnson, Brohm, Spiller, Easley, etc). Who gets hated on? The known (trent, kelsay, lynch, mitchell, o line). I agree the blind optimism is just as annoying as people who are 100 percent doom and gloom. In the beginning of the offseason everyone is down on our situation, but by the time training camp rolls around, somehow one bills drive convinces the fans that 5th round rookies are the solution and the rest of the league missed the boat by not picking said player up.

As for documentation about player size, there's a better than 50/50 chance that Nic Harris is bigger than Donovan Woods.

As Conch mentioned, you cheer for guys like Nic Harris.

As our eyes told us last year, Harris is a player. He looked good every time he played and in his one start he led the team with 12 tackles.

Poz is not practicing because of his groin. Jon Corto is on PUP. Schobel has not reported. Kelsay has hurt his shoulder.

Once the injuries mounted, they had to make a move to bring in a healthy body for practice purposes.

The Bills are very short on linebackers with 4 linebackers injured/unavailable and therefore not able to practice (5 including Harris).

If they didn't like Harris, they wouldn't have brought him to camp.

The reason he was waived was because he failed his physical, he's not ready to play football, for the foreseeable future, and they needed healthy bodies at that position to practice. with.

That is all.

The reason he was waived was because he failed his physical, he's not ready to play football, for the foreseeable future, and they needed healthy bodies at that position to practice. with.

That is all.

There's no room for that kind of reasonable post on this board, dammit!

Doesn't matter. The guy was never going to be a player, but people learn someone's name and automatically start interjecting him into the lineup. They were doing it with Alvin Bowen when I got to this site. He sucked and got cut. Then it started with Nic Harris. Ditto for him. Now we get to do it all over again with Moats and Batten. SSDD.

Hmmm.....I thought Alvin Bowen got hurt as well.........

No where near as old as the persistent negative attitude of quite a few posters. I will personaly take the positive over the negative. I will chear for them and give them the benfit of doubt. Rather than just say they suck.

The impressive thing about Nic Harris is his life story. You must root for men like Nic, whether he makes it as a pro football player or not. He has made it as a man, which is more than most on this board. There are intangibles beyond whether or not he makes the team that you must look at. Also Bowen and Harris both blew out knees. That they have not made it back from serious injury is unfortunate but not because they "suck". I'd rather root for a losing team full of Bowens & Harris's then some collection of prima donna's like the new Miami Heat or NY Jets.

You talk about rooting for losers AND dis everyone here in the same paragraph! Which is it? Love us or hate us???

As for documentation about player size, there's a better than 50/50 chance that Nic Harris is bigger than Donovan Woods.

As Conch mentioned, you cheer for guys like Nic Harris.

As our eyes told us last year, Harris is a player. He looked good every time he played and in his one start he led the team with 12 tackles.

Poz is not practicing because of his groin. Jon Corto is on PUP. Schobel has not reported. Kelsay has hurt his shoulder.

Once the injuries mounted, they had to make a move to bring in a healthy body for practice purposes.

The Bills are very short on linebackers with 4 linebackers injured/unavailable and therefore not able to practice (5 including Harris).

If they didn't like Harris, they wouldn't have brought him to camp.

That is all.

From The Team's website:

Woods (6’2” 230) has been mainly an inside linebacker that has spent the past two seasons primarily with the Pittsburgh Steelers where he appeared in six games, mostly on special teams. He was released by the Steelers on Nov. 22nd last year and was quickly signed by the Dallas Cowboys to their practice squad where he spent the rest of the 2009 season.

The Oklahoma State product was released by the Cowboys just last week after they needed to make roster moves to make room for their newly signed draft choices. Having been with those two NFL clubs Woods is well versed in 3-4 defensive systems.

Cutting an injured player, who's slow to recover from a bad knee and only experienced in the 4-3, Vs. signing a healthy player at the same position who's well versed in the 3-4. Hmm... what are they - crazy over there at OBD? That's just stoopit! Don't they know we liked Nic Harris?

FWIW Harris totally outplayed his competition when he did see time last season. I predict if his knee heels, he will be just fine in the NFL as a 43 will - and in all likelyhood be added to the list of players the Bills let go who go on to startdom with other teams,.