SECOND day in a row, Haynesworth FAILS conditioning test

yeah yeah....guys like Haynesworth will be mean and ready come game day. I think Shanahan is sending a very good message to him and to others that he expects a lot out of them and isn't putting up with slackers. Haynesworth will fall into line and probably be kicking butt as usual when the season opens.

yeah yeah....guys like Haynesworth will be mean and ready come game day. I think Shanahan is sending a very good message to him and to others that he expects a lot out of them and isn't putting up with slackers. Haynesworth will fall into line and probably be kicking butt as usual when the season opens.

no doubt, but they are going to embarrass him in front of the team, and make him work to be out there. gotta love it!

His position is like the 2nd least movement needed on the field, so this may not be a big issue.

at this point, with the other statements coming out, it's obvious this has nothing to really do with his conditioning and they are setting him up to fail because of the BS he pulled earlier this year.

i dont think anyone is really worried about his conditioning. theyre just effing with him.

the fact that NO ONE else has to pass this test, plus...

this says it all:

When he finally returned to Redskins Park on Wednesday, he was told he would have to pass a conditioning test in order to take part in training camp and, even once he passed, would start off practicing with the reserves.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...tory?id=5422548

made him do it again, and failed him again.

this HAS to be only to send a message. i love what Shanahan is doing, and i bet the other players do too.

or its because he didnt show up to any offseason stuff and they need to make sure hes in shape before he plays so as not to get hurt. Other teams do this too, just lower profile.

btw these are very difficult tests, you can train all offseason and not pass.

Does anyone know what is typically involved in these conditioning tests?

according to yesterday's report (and i could be wrong), it's 2 300 yard shuttle runs broken down as follows:

Run 6 50 yard sprints

5 minute break

Run 6 50 yard sprints again

apparently, the reason he failed yesterday was he took a bathroom break in between that was more than 5 minutes and Shanahan said he had too much time to rest. Not sure what the reason for failing is today, but something tells me they were going to find something no matter what. Shanahan is driving his point home on this, and it's pretty awesome.

Does anyone know what is typically involved in these conditioning tests?

combination of stuff depending on team. Wash apparently does 300 yard shuttle test which tests your explosion and endurance. I always did the "40 test" which was 10 40yd dashes in 10 minutes, sounds like a lot of time but its not and you had to keep your 40 times low. Guys alwasy puked.

or its because he didnt show up to any offseason stuff and they need to make sure hes in shape before he plays so as not to get hurt. Other teams do this too, just lower profile.

btw these are very difficult tests, you can train all offseason and not pass.

Depending on the player and position, some are easy, some are difficult. I could see a guy like Digiorgio breezing thu the LB's fitness test, where a bigger guy like Kawicka Mitchell might have problems. A 50-yard sprint in 6 seconds isn't difficult for a pro athlete, but the fifth rep of the 2nd set probably is tough for a guy like Mitchell. Like you said, it doesn't necessarily represent poor conditioning.

Depending on the player and position, some are easy, some are difficult. I could see a guy like Digiorgio breezing thu the LB's fitness test, where a bigger guy like Kawicka Mitchell might have problems. A 50-yard sprint in 6 seconds isn't difficult for a pro athlete, but the fifth rep of the 2nd set probably is tough for a guy like Mitchell. Like you said, it doesn't necessarily represent poor conditioning.

Ours werent positioned based per se. In the offseason you ran 3 40s and got your avg time. FOr the conditioning test you had to run ten 40s in your avg time plus a buffer to account for conditioning. The buffer was based on your position, OL got more WRs less. So a bigger LB would still have to run his 40s based on his time plus position buffer.

Im not sure how Wash does theirs, only heard it was 300 yard shuttle.

I personally think he is intentionally failing them. Why pass a conditioning test to have to go put pads on and practice when you have told the team you will NOT play NT for them. Oh and the fact you just banked a 21 million check in April so you are set money wise I am sure has nothing to do with it either :censored:

according to yesterday's report (and i could be wrong), it's 2 300 yard shuttle runs broken down as follows:

Run 6 50 yard sprints

5 minute break

Run 6 50 yard sprints again

apparently, the reason he failed yesterday was he took a bathroom break in between that was more than 5 minutes and Shanahan said he had too much time to rest. Not sure what the reason for failing is today, but something tells me they were going to find something no matter what. Shanahan is driving his point home on this, and it's pretty awesome.

By "shuttle run, they mean that you run 50 yards, touch the ground, run back immediately, touch the ground, and so on, six times. We've heard several variations, that it was 6 x 50 yards and that it was 12 x 25 yards. A total of 300 yards anyway. It hasn't been released whether or not there is any required time he must reach or anything like that. Anyway, you finish that, get a five minute rest, and do it again.

It has no functional use for a guy playing Haynesworth's position. He's not going to be running more than about five yards on any play, and even that would be a bit unusual.

For a guy who weighs 350, this is an extremely difficult test. He might have been doing short sprints and training with weights like a demon and still fail this test. It won't mean anything unless he injures himself. I wonder if he might not at some point not mind failing. It would be a chance to relax a bit while the others are sweating in the sun. He'd be crazy, though, to show that.

I don't like either side in this little face-off.

I got 5 bucks that by mid next week (if not this weekend) he 'pulls a hamstring' and can't do those drills or practice.

This is one time the player has the team by the balls. He can do NOTHING and he is still sitting on 21 million he pocketed this offseason. Hell the man never has to work again in his life if he wants.

He doesn't want to play NT, he is a DT and I don't blame him. he is one of, if not THE, premier DT in the game. Look this is all on washington. They knew what they were getting when they signed him.

Haslett is sending him the message, not Shanahan

His position is like the 2nd least movement needed on the field, so this may not be a big issue.

Seems like Hayesworth's only impressive movement was the one he left in the bowl in the middle of yeaterday's conditioning test.