american wealth distribution vs zimbabwe

just more evidence of who really controls things. you're a walking advertisement for the industrial military complex except... oh, wait...they don't want the publicity.

Nice...getting crushed in an argument, so try to spin it into a completely different argument...

...that you'll still get crushed in, since the "military-industrial complex" is predated by every example I've given. :w00t:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read some history. Or do you really believe that the Pilgrims at Plymouth Rock established the first American colony, thereby laying the foundation for a country based on tolerance and freedom? That John Adams and Thomas Jefferson fought for "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" and not their bank acocunts? Ever wonder why the seat of The Revolution was based in the maritime states and involved shipping magnates competing with British hulls for business? You think the grain convoys that precipitated The Glorious First of June were egalitarian displays of sympathetic charity to the French? You honestly think the Civil War was fought over freedom for blacks (which realistically wasn't achieved until the mid-20th century)? Or that Matthew Perry's expedition was based on anything more than opening Japan to American trade?

i think there are many good, honest, hard working, god loving americans. unfortunately, not many are in positions of power

i think there are many good, honest, hard working, god loving americans. unfortunately, not many are in positions of power

And you love them all, as long as they don't work too hard and get filthy stinking rich.

Actually, there's one reason they were called robber-barons: they dominated industries using anti-competitive, monopolistic practices.

They also founded universities (Duke, Carnegie-Mellon, Stanford, Vanderbilt, University of Chicago), charitable institutions (the Carnegie Institute, Ford Foundation), libraries (Carnegie - again, the New York public library system), hospitals, churches, museums, and public works (e.g. the NYC sewer system). And JP Morgan himself twice rescued the country from economic crashes - once by bailing out the US Treasury itself.

Evil, evil bastards, I tell ya...(okay, Gould really was, at least.)

do you mean that the world really works something like this?jensen schools beale

and the "rescue" may have been from a crisis of their own making. thanks so much, forever grateful and all that. wouldn't need philanthropy if things worked well from the start. do you favor anti competitive, monopolistic practices?

You certainly do. That's the hypocrisy that big government liberals are never able to face.

What a ridiculously insanely naive post.

agree with the thesis or not, it is finely crafted art, no?

I don't know; I can't view it at work. Nor am I likely to outside of work - if you have to validate your opinions with silly youtube videos, it's your problem and I don't have to deal with it.

And all because I pointed out your immature views are historically overly-simplistic and wildly inaccurate. You going to use the Hossage gambit next and call me a tapeworm? :w00t:

and the "rescue" may have been from a crisis of their own making. thanks so much, forever grateful and all that. wouldn't need philanthropy if things worked well from the start. do you favor anti competitive, monopolistic practices?
You certainly do. That's the hypocrisy that big government liberals are never able to face.

Of course the virtuous George Soros and Marion and Herb Sandler are to be celebrated.