Jim Kelly hopes Trent Edwards is the starter

Or he was not accepting his fair share of the blame. He is very good at not accepting any blame.

I also suspect TE is not very good at accepting his fair share of the blame, but if he was strictly coached that way (which I can easily believe) why should he on this one?

Where was Jauron in all this? He could have backed Trent up but challenged him to throw downfield more. Did he ever directly address this with the fans/media? Did he ever take responsibility for the crappy playcalling? No, he was all too content to say he's responsible without demonstrating accountability. He hung all his offensive coordinators out to dry with the fans and even the players, so why not his quarterback too?

Personnally, I think Trent's done simply because he's too gun shy now but I am willing to give him another chance because of Dick Jauron's putrid offensive philosophy.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Or he was not accepting his fair share of the blame. He is very good at not accepting any blame.

Trent Edwards has for the most part kept silent and shouldered all the blame so post like this are rather foolish in my opinion.

TE never blamed TO/ arrogance as a problem ( just didn't throw the ball to him ), TE didn't blame AVP's/ DJ's scheming/ play calling, or the GM for making him play behind the worse O-line in Bills history, TE didn't blame anyone,

TE just bit the bullet and kept his mouth shut for the sake of the team because its all about the team in TE's heart and mind,

and you really want to know why Jim Kelly is coming out now and getting behind Trent Edwards?

Because when Chan Gailey takes Trent Edwards and our Buffalo Bills to the Superbowl one day and wins it Kelly would like to be left with some form of credibility,

talk about foolish...

Trent Edwards has for the most part kept silent and shouldered all the blame so post like this are rather foolish in my opinion.

TE never blamed TO/ arrogance as a problem ( just didn't throw the ball to him ), TE didn't blame AVP's/ DJ's scheming/ play calling, or the GM for making him play behind the worse O-line in Bills history, TE didn't blame anyone,

TE just bit the bullet and kept his mouth shut for the sake of the team because its all about the team in TE's heart and mind,

and you really want to know why Jim Kelly is coming out now and getting behind Trent Edwards?

Because when Chan Gailey takes Trent Edwards and our Buffalo Bills to the Superbowl one day and wins it Kelly would like to be left with some form of credibility,

talk about foolish...

I was with you 'til you got to the part about winning the Super Bowl

Guest dog14787
I was with you 'til you got to the part about winning the Super Bowl

You've got to Billieve ...

You've got to Billieve ...

I'm 56...born & raised in the Buffalo area...been a Bills fan since age 6.....five decades of Billieving has made me the butt of jokes with my friends & family. I'm trying to decide if I can "Billieve" one more year.

Guest dog14787
I'm 56...born & raised in the Buffalo area...been a Bills fan since age 6.....five decades of Billieving has made me the butt of jokes with my friends & family. I'm trying to decide if I can "Billieve" one more year.

All you have to do is listen to Gailey's interviews and say to yourself, if I played for the Bills is this the no nonsense type of man I would want leading my football team.

Confidence is an essential ingredient to winning in my opinion and Chan Gailey breeds confidence.

Gailey/ Nix are going to turn this ball club around, Billieve it.

Find new friends and leave your family, they will never understand.

Dramatically reduce your expectations and you will be okay. If you are looking for this to be your make or break your you will be broken beyond repair. This is a very flawed franchise owned by a nearly 92 year old owner who has very backward view on how to operate a franchise. The Bills are a mediocre team trying to be better than mediocre. If you acknowledge the reality you should be able to handle the reality.

With Nix/Whaely/Gailey involved with the football side of the operation there is a glimmer of hope. There simply is no quick fix. The best one can hope for is a more competent run franchise and a steady movement in the right direction. At least moving forward is better than moving backward or being stuck in the mud.

Gailey said after the team's minicamp last month that there would be a "pecking order" for the start of camp, and didn't reveal at the close of the camp where the team's three quarterbacks — Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Brian Brohm — stand. Kelly said Edwards has the potential to emerge as the starter.

"He's a good kid and he works hard," Kelly continued. "He's got the ability but I hope he gets in a system and has some healthy guys in front of him. It's unfair to judge someone to totally over the season when a guy has an offensive scheme that I was mind-boggled that they stayed with."

LMAO he hopes he starts so he can finally get benched and then cut. The guy sucks. If he starts for us people will get their wish of a top 3 draft pick next year.

Guest dog14787
Find new friends and leave your family, they will never understand.

The Buffalo Bills always show heart and the rest of the world can just kiss my ass because I was born in Buffalo, its my team,

and I'm stuck with um, (Pretty much sums up how I feel about the situation) :devil:

Seriously, I love the Buffalo Bills and wouldn't want it any other way because when we do win a championship,and I know we will, it will be all that much more special.

I Billieve...

LMAO he hopes he starts so he can finally get benched and then cut. The guy sucks. If he starts for us people will get their wish of a top 3 draft pick next year.

Are you aware that if Edwards starts that means he beat out the other two candidates?

Like everyone could, Jimbo seems to be giving TE benefit of doubt probably fully understanding how the system and coaching can impact performance and development.

If TE wins as #1 QB on the current roster based on performance thus far in the new scheme and continues that performance throughout camp and preseason, then he should have the chance to led the team under the new scheme and coaching. If he crumbles in the first few weeks, coaching and scheme are eliminated one of the runner ups gets plugged in while Brown continues to develop, the front office determines how to position the team for a QB in 2011 and the team moves on.

I admire that Kelly is a true Bills fan unlike many posters here. Rather than establish his own vendetta against a player, he earnestly wish them success which will in turn lead to the Bills success. He expects the best from everyone, and has a positive attitude. It’s one of the leadership traits that made him a great QB.

Guest dog14787
Like everyone could, Jimbo seems to be giving TE benefit of doubt probably fully understanding how the system and coaching can impact performance and development.

If TE wins as #1 QB on the current roster based on performance thus far in the new scheme and continues that performance throughout camp and preseason, then he should have the chance to led the team under the new scheme and coaching. If he crumbles in the first few weeks, coaching and scheme are eliminated one of the runner ups gets plugged in while Brown continues to develop, the front office determines how to position the team for a QB in 2011 and the team moves on.

I admire that Kelly is a true Bills fan unlike many posters here. Rather than establish his own vendetta against a player, he earnestly wish them success which will in turn lead to the Bills success. He expects the best from everyone, and has a positive attitude. It’s one of the leadership traits that made him a great QB.

Jim Kelly openly called out Trent Edwards at the worse possible time in the young mans career, knowing fully well how important confidence is to a young and developing QB, and exclaimed it was time for the Buffalo Bills to move on.

It was a stupid thing to do in my opinion.

With all due respect 20 year, If that's not establishing a vendetta, I'm not sure what is...

Yes, but Jim ought to consider his comments better, knowing he may be called on them later.

PTR