How about some Praise for McNally?

mtdoak

Anyone else notice the insane improvement of the O-line since the Baltimore game? Bledsoe has only been sacked 4 times in the last 5 games. And thats with teams trying to blitz the junk out of Bledsoe. All hail McNally, master of all O-Line coaches!

Guest THE GRIZZLY BEAR

Ice had better watch out with The Black Bear on this board. He'd take over as the biggest infamous poster "celebrity". Oh well, Ice, they always say that fame is fleeting. . .

No now he sucks remember?  Do I need to go find all the JMac bashing posts from weeks 1-6?

142635[/snapback]

Wpuld they be your own posts?? :w00t::ph34r: LOL just winding you up ;) ;)

A lot of us slagged JMac off for sure... I guess a lot of us said a lot of things before we started winning...

But hell while we are winning lets praise away!! :o

Funny how they miraculously got better once McGahee stepped foot on the field... put Henry back in and I bet ya they look like crap again, but Im sure that's just coincidence..

:w00t:

142688[/snapback]

Agreed...The ability to pick up the Blitz solidly by McGahee has given the

OL guys to concentrate on their task rather than trying to help someone else.

Funny how they miraculously got better once McGahee stepped foot on the field... put Henry back in and I bet ya they look like crap again, but Im sure that's just coincidence..

142688[/snapback]

Not to start another DB bashing spree, but I can imagine how much better we would be if we had a mobile QB in there for ther first 6 games. If we had one 1-2 more wins, we would be in the thick of things as opposed to being mathematically in the race for the playoffs.

theblackbear is not ready to give praise to Jim McNally or Willis McGahee yet. The Bills still look like scrubs against tough (healthy) defenses. McGahee runs well against bad defenses. Henry could have done equally as well against those teams with the same amount of carries. He's done that since arriving in The Buf.

Jim McNally has a great reputation but for most of the year and against good competition his offensive line has looked horrible.

Not sold on him yet. No No No!

Show theblackbear more first!!!

Ya dig?

B)

Ice had better watch out with The Black Bear on this board. He'd take over as the biggest infamous poster "celebrity". Oh well, Ice, they always say that fame is fleeting. . .

142646[/snapback]

Somewhere in the background I hear The Eagles singing "New Kid In Town."

"They will never forget you 'til somebody new comes around..."

142688[/snapback]

Not sure about that assessment. Have we already forgotten Henry's previous two 1K yd+ seasons? No, Henry clearly didn't bring his "A" game for the first 6 games of the season; but then again, our OL in those games didn't even bring a "C-" game. Henry would frequently get hit behind the line of scrimmage before he could even begin any forward momentum. This still happens to McGahee on occasion, but not nearly as often as it did to Henry early in the season.

Realistically, we should have expected an OL with a brand new offensive system and brand new guards to have such problems early on and get better as the season progressed. And for the past two months, we HAVE seen improved OL play - some of it McGahee's help as a result of his particular running style - but nevertheless, a lot of it just plain better OL play. Thank you, Mr. McNally. Perhaps you CAN walk on water...

this article is also a great sign. we were all skeptical of mike williams' pass pro after the oakland game this year. (they had 7 sacks, and only have 19 on the season.) but under mcnally's tutelage, big mike is becoming what he's supposed to be. and that's pretty exciting. next year, this team will be a force. it is now, but our record is our record.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20041202/1020269.asp