Oakland bracing itself for possible riots

True doing everything the cop says doesn't necessarily stop you from getting a beating but resisting will almost surely get you a beating.

As a son of a cop I'll tell you this, about 5% of cops are plain heroes, 50% just want to do their jobs and get home safe and sound, 25% are like the stereotypical dumb jock (individually maybe not bad guys but watch out if they get in a group) 15% have personality disorders and 5% are out right criminals.

I don't know how it is now, but back in the day it took multiple complaints for anything to be done about a cop, at least 5-6 but maybe more if the guy is liked, if you realize that only maybe one in twenty people who had a gripe would make a complaint you realize how many people you'd have to screw with to get to that level. Usually they would just move you to a new precinct . If you continued to screw up you'd eventually get disciplinary action but more for causing you superiors headaches than anything else, if you were an ahole and no one wanted to be your partner then you might have to do foot patrol which I'm told sucked mightily. Occasionally cops police their own, a cop who caught a teenage girl in the park who was drinking underage coerced her to give him a BJ, a few days later got a tremendous beating at a Hertel Ave bar by a bunch of off-duty cops.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see accidentally grabbing one over the other, but you would think the mistake would register before you pulled the trigger.

Then again, cops and soldiers are two jobs that I generally don't attempt to project personal my sense of 'reasonableness' during conduct since I have no f---ing idea what it's like to face the kinds of situations these guys do on a regular basis.

Its much more fun to watch cops tase people on YT and then whine about it.

Come to the dark side.

Not exactly. The guy stayed on all fours (a position he could attack from) instead of lying flat as he was no doubt directed to do. The cop may have been a little quick to go to the baton, but then again there isn't much context on that video. We don't know what happened leading up to the stop and the video was clearly cut/edited.

As for CA, I find it incredible that the media and others are not only pumping up the local thuggery, but already implying there will be some justification for taking the excuse to act like wild animals.

Not exactly. The guy stayed on all fours (a position he could attack from) instead of lying flat as he was no doubt directed to do. The cop may have been a little quick to go to the baton, but then again there isn't much context on that video. We don't know what happened leading up to the stop and the video was clearly cut/edited.

As for CA, I find it incredible that the media and others are not only pumping up the local thuggery, but already implying there will be some justification for taking the excuse to act like wild animals.

True, he had it coming probably. Kinda like this guy.

:beer::devil:

Damn skippers! He had it coming! The tape was cut/edited.

Signed,

KD

When are these lemmings gonna stop defending and apologizing for the law enforcement establishment. The establishment talks the talk about values, but they don't walk the walk. I don't care how hard the job is or what their family situation is... How many loved one's they have. People are too worried about themselves than selfless service. If one can't give selfless service to others in these occupations, then don't go into that business... Or if one is in it and can't live up to these values, then wash out. There are many more willing to try and measure up.

So, what's your point? That sometimes cops get out of hand? I don't see anyone arguing that. There seem to be plenty of cases where cops who have gone over the line are severely punished. It just gets a little annoying that whining idiots who have no understanding of what cops face and who have no understanding of the context of some random video clip attempt to label any situation where some thug gets roughed up while resisting arrest as "police brutality".

Since we're posting random links, here's one guy I'm sure glad wasn't roughed up by police.

:devil::D

Couldn't actually articulate anything specifically wrong with my post, huh? Big surprise. Don't let that stop you from your usual incoherent blathering. :beer:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kind of hard to say (in your video) he followed the cops orders when there is no sound in the video so we don't know what those orders were. But when you see his friend pull him so he's lying face down instead of all fours you can pretty much figure out he was in fact NOT following police orders.

Kind of hard to say (in your video) he followed the cops orders when there is no sound in the video so we don't know what those orders were. But when you see his friend pull him so he's lying face down instead of all fours you can pretty much figure out he was in fact NOT following police orders.

Wow... Another lemming apologist. You know the cop was charged? But you a-holes know better and defend these pukes even if they are calling him every name in the book... The guy is unarmed and fully compliant. :thumbsup:

In a Chicago suburb, a police officer’s own camera caught him beating an unarmed motorist repeatedly with a metal baton.

Officer James Mandarino was charged with official misconduct and aggravated battery, and was released on $50,000 bail. He is on administrative leave from the Streamwood Police Department.On March 28, Mandarino, a 15-year veteran of the police force, followed Ronald Bell in his car after he screeched his tires, authorities said.The seven-minute video, captured by the squad car camera, shows Bell, 28, complying with the officer’s orders as he kneels on the ground. Then, Mandarino unleashes a series of blows, striking him 15 times with the baton until Bell collapses, throwing his hands up to protect himself. The tape also showed Mandarino using a Taser on the car’s passenger as he left the vehicle.

“It’s a wonderful tool. It’s a great tool,” Cook County State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez told the Chicago Sun-Times. “Even though there is no audio on this tape, it really gave us a clear, clear view of what occurred in this particular case. It was extremely helpful.”

The beating gave Bell a concussion, multiple bruises and a cut to the ear that required seven stitches. Prosecutors say the tape records a clear case of police brutality.

“The victim is completely compliant,” Assistant State’s Attorney Alexander Vroustouris said Thursday. “At no time during the time period when the defendant is beating the victim with his baton does the video reflect that the victim had anything in his hands, nor does the video reflect the victim making any threatening motions toward the defendant.”

But Ed Wanderling, Mandarino’s lawyer, said the silent video gives an incomplete version of the events and didn’t record the language Bell used toward the officer.

Bell was arrested that night and charged with resisting a police officer and reckless driving, but the charges have been dropped. The department became concerned after witnessing Bell’s extensive injuries in his mug shot, and reviewed the video from his arrest, the Chicago Tribune reports. On the video, prosecutors say, Mandarino’s excessive use of force was blatant.

“Every law enforcement officer holds his or her powers through the public trust, and this defendant’s senseless act of rage against an unarmed citizen constitutes an offensive violation of that trust,” Alvarez said.

Bell’s brother, Stacey Bell, who witnessed part of the confrontation, said he was grateful for the police camera. “If there was no videotape, it would have been a totally different story,” he told the Chicago Sun-Times.

Couldn't actually articulate anything specifically wrong with my post, huh? Big surprise. Don't let that stop you from your usual incoherent blathering. :thumbsup:

Nice use of the "I am rubber, you are glue" tactic. It is your incoherant blathering defending a dishonorable puke (this cop) that I am blinking towards... I mean, even has ME blinking! WOW!

Only of the least serious of 3 charges the jury was considering.

Let me guess...the idiots prosecuting tried him for first degree murder just like in every other cop shooting case and got the ignorant cop-haters all fired up to expect that result.