1. 1. Who gets crowned with the king?

• Cavaliers
    • Heat
    • Bulls
    • Knicks
    • Nets
    • Mavericks
    • Other

I'm stickin' with Madison (Ave.) Square Garden. The Knicks have been 'courting' him for a couple years now and dropping salaries all along, in anticipation of him reviving the franchise. All things considered, I don't think NBA salary caps/max pay has anything to do with it. The most wealthy pro athletes don't make their riches from their playing contracts as much as their endorsement deals. Nowhere is marketing a local athlete richer than the Big Apple.

JMO.

I'm torn between Miami and Chicago. I think NY and NJ are out of play already.

I think if he teams up with Wade and Bosh in Miami, his legacy ceiling gets dropped. He's played 7 years and the closest he's come to a ring is getting slapped around by the Spurs 4 years ago. Everything has been on his shoulders in Cleveland and it's not really fair call him a failure because he had to be perfect all the time. But his performance in the playoffs was so bizarre that I think it put a (small) permanent black mark on his career. The Boston series might very well have proven that he will never be Michael Jordan. He's not a killer. Maybe his hunger will grow, but the time to win is right now.

The reason this is all important is because if he joins with Wade and Bosh and wins 3, 4, 5, 6 rings...there will always be the question of whether he needed an unprecedented teaming of superstars (in their prime) to be dominant. Jordan had Pippen and Rodman, he didn't have Barkley and Ewing. Every dynasty has had multiple stars, but it would be hard to find a parallel to teaming up with Bosh and Wade in their primes. And let's set aside the fact that pairing with Wade is not the best match at all.

I think LeBron knows all this and I think if he is truly smart, he will take Bosh with him to Chicago. There he would have the best assemblage of talent bar none AND no question about who is the alpha-dog that drove the championships. But something also tells me despite all this, the MIA trio just might happen.

If I had to lay it all out I'd go:

LeBron: CHI

Wade: MIA

Bosh: CHI

Dirk: DAL

Johnson: NYK

Pierce: BOS (LAC darkhorse)

Amar'e: MIA

Boozer: NYK or NJ

*sigh*

I wish.

I'm still saying Chicago, my Nets will do their best but are still a hard sell for any FA. I actually think the new owner may detract more FAs then he can bring in.

Didnt he just hire a new GM? That could help, no?

I hope he stays in Cleveland.

Same here...I've always thought superstars should stay with their team, because they are such a part of the city's identity. Except for end of career identity crises (Jordan playing for the Wizards, Montana with the Chiefs, Favre with the Vikings, etc.), superstars shouldn't just up and switch teams in their prime. People talk about which location will be best for Lebron's legacy...that is without a doubt Cleveland, IMO.

Why?

I should probably rephrase my earlier statement, I'm more concerned Prokhorov is going to turn into another Danny Snyder or (please no) Donald Sterling. Time will tell...unfortunately Prokhorov's reputation proceeds him. He's widely known as a guy who LOVES to flaunt his wealth and I'm terrified of the Nets becoming the "offseason champions" year after year with high profile signings and not enough team chemistry to put together a sustained run.

I do not doubt his ability to bring in free agents as his money will surely keep them interested, but bringing in the right free agents is far more important than name recognition. A part of me is also nervous that he, because of his history, will meddle and not let the front office do its job.

I am happy with the new Net coaching staff, I've always liked Avery Johnson and Sam Mitchell is a perfect fit as an assistant coach.

If Lebron somehow ends up a Net, I'll be ecstatic of course. If he doesn't, I'd focus on a guy like David Lee who brings the effort and quietly dominates.

I should probably rephrase my earlier statement, I'm more concerned Prokhorov is going to turn into another Danny Snyder or (please no) Donald Sterling. Time will tell...unfortunately Prokhorov's reputation proceeds him. He's widely known as a guy who LOVES to flaunt his wealth and I'm terrified of the Nets becoming the "offseason champions" year after year with high profile signings and not enough team chemistry to put together a sustained run.

I do not doubt his ability to bring in free agents as his money will surely keep them interested, but bringing in the right free agents is far more important than name recognition. A part of me is also nervous that he, because of his history, will meddle and not let the front office do its job.

I am happy with the new Net coaching staff, I've always liked Avery Johnson and Sam Mitchell is a perfect fit as an assistant coach.

If Lebron somehow ends up a Net, I'll be ecstatic of course. If he doesn't, I'd focus on a guy like David Lee who brings the effort and quietly dominates.

David Lee is a scrappy center with some surprising offensive abilities and a tenacious rebounder, but he is a defensive liability.

Same here...I've always thought superstars should stay with their team, because they are such a part of the city's identity. Except for end of career identity crises (Jordan playing for the Wizards, Montana with the Chiefs, Favre with the Vikings, etc.), superstars shouldn't just up and switch teams in their prime. People talk about which location will be best for Lebron's legacy...that is without a doubt Cleveland, IMO.

While as an idea I agree with what you say enacting it is an an entirely different issue. Who determines when someone is "in their prime?"

An example to think through is that when the Bills traded OJ to SF back in 78. With the pick they acquired Fred Smerlas. While at that time OJ was not able exercise FA rights the move is illustrative. The Bills made themselves a better team. OJ was clearly past his prime (from a football perspective - his career of crime and drama had yet to start) so the Bills came out better off.

I think he goes to Chicago. They have the best team for him to go to and win instantly. Teams can have multiple dynastys in different eras. See the Lakers. Sure it might be wierd playing in a stadium with a Jordan statue out front but who cares. He will be compared to Jordan no matter where he plays.

No to Miami because who is going to take the last shot, Wade or LeBron? Too many egos involved.

Nets and Knicks are years away from winning. Cleveland has maxed out with the talent they have there and they have no way of bringing in new talent due to other contract situations.