Bengals may need a RB - trade Marshawn

Lynch is going to be the starter - get over it. Trade the Coe College product who is now 30yrs old Fred Jackson to the Bengals if you want. In fact see if we can make it a two for one and give them his fellow alum Marv Levy so he can't cause any more problems.

It'll be nice to have two good running backs even if one of our guys gets hurt for a few games here and there. I've thought it all along, and it's starting to be talked about more - that this year's team will be a old school football team - like the SB Ravens, the recent SB Steelers.

I get sick when I hear people mentioning trading Lynch for a 4th or some second stringer - if we're trading any of our backs it should be for a talented starter at another position, and a young one at that.

Lynch is going to be the starter - get over it. Trade the Coe College product who is now 30yrs old Fred Jackson to the Bengals if you want. In fact see if we can make it a two for one and give them his fellow alum Marv Levy so he can't cause any more problems.

This will never sink in with people. The guy is 30 yr old, he cannot carry a huge load all season and stay healthy. ML and Spiller will get a lot of touches too.

errr 29 years old, will be one month shy of 30 by seasons end.

http://www.nfl.com/players/fredjackson/profile?id=JAC173789

So, he is 29, not 30. Not to mention he has very little wear on his body for a 29 year old RB. Its not the age that causes the RB to slow down. Turning 30 doesnt make him run slower. What has been the achilles heal of 30 year old RB's has been all the pounding they have taken in the big and fast NFL for 8 or 9 years by the time they reach that age in an NFL career. That abuse is what breaks them down sooner than say a WR who often flourish into their mid 30's.

So many people are attached to this magic number for RB's as if its genetics...lol. FJ will be a good RB and be able to be productive for probably at least 3 more years, maybe more.

So, he is 29, not 30. Not to mention he has very little wear on his body for a 29 year old RB. Its not the age that causes the RB to slow down. Turning 30 doesnt make him run slower. What has been the achilles heal of 30 year old RB's has been all the pounding they have taken in the big and fast NFL for 8 or 9 years by the time they reach that age in an NFL career. That abuse is what breaks them down sooner than say a WR who often flourish into their mid 30's.

So many people are attached to this magic number for RB's as if its genetics...lol. FJ will be a good RB and be able to be productive for probably at least 3 more years, maybe more.

as much as id love for that to happen, i dont think so. age does matter. Freddie HAS been taking hits this whole time. It's not like he was just sitting around for 5 years in a plastic bubble. he HAS been playing football, it does not matter the level. it takes a toll on a body, and as you get older your body loses the ability to recover as quickly and to the point it was before. it's just simple science. we will be LUCKY if FJ is still on the team in 3 years, let alone contributing. again, id love to see it work out that way, but it's bad planning and management to ASSUME it will.

as much as id love for that to happen, i dont think so. age does matter. Freddie HAS been taking hits this whole time. It's not like he was just sitting around for 5 years in a plastic bubble. he HAS been playing football, it does not matter the level. it takes a toll on a body, and as you get older your body loses the ability to recover as quickly and to the point it was before. it's just simple science. we will be LUCKY if FJ is still on the team in 3 years, let alone contributing. again, id love to see it work out that way, but it's bad planning and management to ASSUME it will.

I get what you are saying...but, playing outside the NFL is no where near as violent as the NFL. Not to mention, he hasnt been a starter and has about half the wear and tear of other RB's his age despite being active in football the same amount of time. So, I really see him going strong for 3 more years. I mean he is only 29, but posters want to take yet another year off his career by claiming he is 30. 3 years down the road he will be 32...there have been lots of RB's who have taken twice as wear and tear has him that were very good through 32, so 3 years is really not out of the question and I fully expect him to be able to do it.

I get what you are saying...but, playing outside the NFL is no where near as violent as the NFL. Not to mention, he hasnt been a starter and has about half the wear and tear of other RB's his age despite being active in football the same amount of time. So, I really see him going strong for 3 more years. I mean he is only 29, but posters want to take yet another year off his career by claiming he is 30. 3 years down the road he will be 32...there have been lots of RB's who have taken twice as wear and tear has him that were very good through 32, so 3 years is really not out of the question and I fully expect him to be able to do it.

heres to hoping for the best! :thumbsup:

I'd rather we keep Lynch. As much as Jackson did great last year, I don't think he's the sort of RB you can build a team on. Lynch has had some personal issues... he's still young though. I'd like to see Lynch get another chance, give him the starter role (if he earns it anyways), use Spiller as a combo back, and Jackson as relief/3rd down guy. Lynch is a talented offensive player, and personally, I think we need as many of those as we can get.