Want to start saving money in health care?

:rolleyes:

You know, I admire your persistence. And I suppose this would make you an honest atheist. Because an honest atheist wouldn't fear death if there isn't anything beyond. To that (rare) person, death's just an endless sleep.

I think, if anything, that is a reason to fear death (depending on what you mean by "fear").

The logic part of me thinks that is exactly what happens when you die...NOTHING. And I think that sucks a lot. Beyond believing in some form of hell, I can't think of anything worse than ceasing to exist after 70-80 years of life. Life is pretty fun, even when it sucks. I'd hope we'd get more than one ride on the roller coaster.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a Republican-controlled government isn't what I want to see (I'm "taking out the trash" 11/2/10 and 11/6/12), but it's the lesser of two evils. And don't be so sure on the Constitutionality argument. Everyone thought the SC would rule in favor of the NFL over ANI in the antitrust case, and it was 9-0 against the NFL. Setting a precedent by allowing the government to force citizens to buy a product from a private company, citing "interstate commerce" as the reason they can, is a dangerous one.

heard a dc think tank attorney-consultant address this. said appeals and stalls would make it almost impossible for this to go to SC before 2014 when the bill opens up the gates to 30 mil uninsured. will be very difficult to close the gates once they are opened. he recommended assuming the law will remain and planning accordingly.

I think, if anything, that is a reason to fear death (depending on what you mean by "fear").

The logic part of me thinks that is exactly what happens when you die...NOTHING. And I think that sucks a lot. Beyond believing in some form of hell, I can't think of anything worse than ceasing to exist after 70-80 years of life. Life is pretty fun, even when it sucks. I'd hope we'd get more than one ride on the roller coaster.

Live every day like it's your last! :rolleyes:

An afterlife would be awesome, or even some sort of "second life." I'd love to live past my normal life.

heard a dc think tank attorney-consultant address this. said appeals and stalls would make it almost impossible for this to go to SC before 2014 when the bill opens up the gates to 30 mil uninsured. will be very difficult to close the gates once they are opened. he recommended assuming the law will remain and planning accordingly.

Going the SC route is probably the route of last resort. The more likely scenario is the all-Republican government repealing and replacing it in 2013.

Reincarnation is the worst. I would hate to wake up as a cow in India.

You guys ever see Defending Your Life? Funny Albert Brooks movie about what happens when you die.

Reincarnation is the worst. I would hate to wake up as a cow in India.

I'd be cool with being a sacred animal for a few years. I wouldn't mind doing a run as a dog too...as long as I'm not some frou frou puss dog like a Bichon.

You guys ever see Defending Your Life? Funny Albert Brooks movie about what happens when you die.

Very funny movie...classic Albert Brooks.