Pessimistic Fans Should be Heard Too

mpl6876

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why shouldn't we have our separate little forum?

Because you guys won't stay separated.

Your mentality is all about bitching and moaning over pathetic issues. There is a lot that can be said for the power of belief. It helps your team. All of the negative crap that comes out is just not healthy, not for you and not for those around you.

Support your team unconditionally. So what if you have to eat crow once in a while. But you sissies wouldn't anything about that would you?

i have a question for any of the so called "pessimistic posters":

do you guys think the rest of us havent been following the Bills for the past few years?

I've been with this team since the early 80s. I KNOW we have problems. I KNOW we have needs. EVERYONE KNOWS. If you have been paying just a little amount of attention, you know these things.

Using myself as an example (since that's the only person I can really speak for), I try to be a positive poster. Just because I'm positive and optimistic doesn't mean that I think the Bills are going to win every game and go to the Super Bowl. I'm not an idiot. I can look at this team and say "6-10 if we're lucky", but i can still discuss things in terms other than "Woe is meee, we suck, wah!"

The reason most of us sane posters get so frustrated with the "pessimists" is because it's stuff that we already know. it's stuff EVERYONE knows. SO WHAT? What's your point? That we suck? Ok. Point taken, you can stop repeating it in every thread and come up with another thought.

I see you are calling heads and tails again. Congratulations.

How do you figure? You go BPA when a player at a need would be considered a reach. Both Maybin and Orakpo were considered DE's. So...

i have a question for any of the so called "pessimistic posters":

do you guys think the rest of us havent been following the Bills for the past few years?

I've been with this team since the early 80s. I KNOW we have problems. I KNOW we have needs. EVERYONE KNOWS. If you have been paying just a little amount of attention, you know these things.

Using myself as an example (since that's the only person I can really speak for), I try to be a positive poster. Just because I'm positive and optimistic doesn't mean that I think the Bills are going to win every game and go to the Super Bowl. I'm not an idiot. I can look at this team and say "6-10 if we're lucky", but i can still discuss things in terms other than "Woe is meee, we suck, wah!"

The reason most of us sane posters get so frustrated with the "pessimists" is because it's stuff that we already know. it's stuff EVERYONE knows. SO WHAT? What's your point? That we suck? Ok. Point taken, you can stop repeating it in every thread and come up with another thought.

Point well taken and I am not he to get into a pissing contest with you or anyone else. There is validity to what you have said but it is also flawed. Flawed why? Optimist on this board are saying the same things too. I am not going to get into the specifics but you guys are constantly repeating yourselves too. Often with disregard to common sense , facts, and statistical data. As a pessimist, I too get tired of hearing the same old rhetoric over and over. It cuts both ways and maybe it is something that you and others may not have considered.

Not trying to start controversy. Just maybe a viewpoint for others to consider.

Point well taken and I am not he to get into a pissing contest with you or anyone else. There is validity to what you have said but it is also flawed. Flawed why? Optimist on this board are saying the same things too. I am not going to get into the specifics but you guys are constantly repeating yourselves too. Often with disregard to common sense , facts, and statistical data. As a pessimist, I too get tired of hearing the same old rhetoric over and over. It cuts both ways and maybe it is something that you and others may not have considered.

Not trying to start controversy. Just maybe a viewpoint for others to consider.

Mike: I give you credit for hanging in there and trying to make your case.

For me, the thing I find annoying is the way you, and several others, make the same points repeatedly across many different threads, even though those points (about the Bills weaknesses) are not even part of the thread topic. I think, because it is a "fan board" after all, that you have to expect the "optimists" to make their points repeatedly because that's generally what we're here for - to celebrate our Bills and support them, not tear them down - especially this time of year when hope springs eternal! And being a fan is all about passion, not necessarily straight facts, common sense, etc. Fan is short for fanatic, after all!

Even more annoying and offensive is the habit of you and many other posters of reprimanding people for their opinions and resorting to personal attacks. "Think before you speak", "I find your viewpoint lame", "idiot", "moron", etc (those aren't all associated with you...for example, try milehilou for the derogatory remarks).

That stuff goes both ways - people on both sides of the optimist/pessimist roles resort to those derogatory remarks. But just because someone expresses an opinion doesn't mean it has to be challenged and insulted, and that happens all too often here. And I think we have all noticed your penchant for criticizing other people's opinions.

I think most reasonable people will respect a contradictory (pessimistic) opinion if it is made with intelligence and class, and is not continued to be hammered home after being made in a couple different threads.

Mike: I give you credit for hanging in there and trying to make your case.

For me, the thing I find annoying is the way you, and several others, make the same points repeatedly across many different threads, even though those points (about the Bills weaknesses) are not even part of the thread topic. I think, because it is a "fan board" after all, that you have to expect the "optimists" to make their points repeatedly because that's generally what we're here for - to celebrate our Bills and support them, not tear them down - especially this time of year when hope springs eternal! And being a fan is all about passion, not necessarily straight facts, common sense, etc. Fan is short for fanatic, after all!

Even more annoying and offensive is the habit of you and many other posters of reprimanding people for their opinions and resorting to personal attacks. "Think before you speak", "I find your viewpoint lame", "idiot", "moron", etc (those aren't all associated with you...for example, try milehilou for the derogatory remarks).

That stuff goes both ways - people on both sides of the optimist/pessimist roles resort to those derogatory remarks. But just because someone expresses an opinion doesn't mean it has to be challenged and insulted, and that happens all too often here. And I think we have all noticed your penchant for criticizing other people's opinions.

I think most reasonable people will respect a contradictory (pessimistic) opinion if it is made with intelligence and class, and is not continued to be hammered home after being made in a couple different threads.

Very well stated and I concur.

Reminds me of a story I would like to tell you. My older brother was in his teens and attending Bishop Timon High School. It was known to have strict Jesuit priests in charge of maintaining discipline. My brother was a freshman and new to the school. He broke the rules when he was caught talking in the hallway. A Jesuit priest named Father Tim was the head disciplinarian. He observed my brother's actions and accordingly slapped my brother in the left side of his cheek. My brother looked at father Tim exposed his right cheek and responded " father the good book says to turn the other cheek."
Are you telling us to use the ignore button?

Mpl, you've got a bizarre need for attention…and it now appears that you have a bit of a martyr complex too.

And when people react to you negatively (because your approach is like a disease) you play the innocent victim crap.

As I said before, you're insidious. Like Grima the Wormtongue. You try to appear reasonable but you're actually a bit psychotic.

You're the creep of The Stadium Wall.

Mpl, you've got a bizarre need for attention…and it now appears that you have a bit of a martyr complex too.

And when people react to you negatively (because your approach is like a disease) you play the innocent victim crap.

As I said before, you're insidious. Like Grima the Wormtongue. You try to appear reasonable but you're actually a bit psychotic.

You're the creep of The Stadium Wall.

You are entitled to your opinion and I see no need to try to convince you otherwise.

this thread, and this post, show exactly what you are. more interested in being "right" than you are with the team being successful. i have never done this in all my years of posting here, but welcome to the ignore list.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed that. I don't mind people that see things in a negative light, but I hate it when they're trying to shove those in my face as if they were gospel.

but what if you laugh, and then i laugh, and then you laugh, and someone like Beerball laugh's, and then we all start laughing, and it's nearly impossible to figure out who actually laughed last because somone guffawed right at the end, which proved your quote wrong, and then it winds up being like "last post wins" and this laughing fit goes on for say 390 pages, because few of us have had the superior sense of self-importance to refer to anything that we've posted as being "special," which actually might be the most laughable thing about this, aside from the fact that you've included "all" of "your thoughts" in one posting, which is both laughable and a little sad.

so let's begin: Ha!

jw

:lol:B-):lol::lol:

:flirt: