Optimistic, Excited Bills fans...click here!

I read the forums and threads at Two Bills Drive and no matter what the topic is, posters routinely remind me how bad the Buffalo Bills are.

I'm reminded of the fact that the Bills have no QB. --Trent sucks, Fitz is old, Brohm is a castoff and Levi Brown is not the answer.

I'm reminded of how we screwed up and should have paid Peters or how he was the best LT who ever played the game before he was let go.

I'm remnded of how bad Marv Levy shafted the team (the second time around) for the next 10 years and how Jauron was the devil.

I'm reminded of how Lee Evans is overpaid and is not a true #1 WR.

I'm reminded that Spiller has not played one down of NFL football and was a horrible draft pick.

I'm reminded that Chan is not a big name coach and never had a job offer after he was fired by KC.

Well, you know what. --I'm not buying the 'glass half empty' mentality. I'm a positive person and no matter what, the future always looks bright for me. Bright at home, at work and around one Bills Drive.

I'm not stupid either!--- I know the team has problems, but bit**ing about it ALL THE TIME and finding fault with EVERYTHINHG is not going to do anything to make it different. ---People stick by Obama unconditionally because they voted for the guy and don't want to be associated with the mess were in. However, you call yourselves Bills fans yet knock the team, the owner the coaches and the players daily. ---I don't get it.

Lets start some positive chat on this thread. All the pessimists can stay away and post elsewhere. We are only six weeks away from the Hall of Fame Bowl and about 11 weeks from the start of the 2010 season. Lets get excited!!

I've been in the Military 18 years and live Buffalo Bills Football. --Sure, I get knocked, laughed at and spat on (not really, but it sounded good) but I always wear my colors with pride. I hate when they lose. It hurts. My Mondays are painful, but I stand by the colors through thick and thin. Unconditionally!

This year, I DO have faith in the new regime and its' philosophy of more regimented practices. This year I am excited, to say the least, about Byrd, Spiller, Carrington and Easley. I'm pulling for Trent, hoping he gets his head right with a new offense but I'll root for whoever is behind center. I'm optimistic about the 3-4 even though I know there will be growing pains.

So in closing. --Bills fans, stand up. Be proud. There are brighter days ahead of us. For those of you that have guff with the team and the players, don't taint or poison the spirits of the Billievers on every single thread, about every single topic. Lets type positively (at least on this thread) and allow the optimist fans to have a place to gather.

Go Bills!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the forums and threads at Two Bills Drive and no matter what the topic is, posters routinely remind me how bad the Buffalo Bills are.

I'm reminded of the fact that the Bills have no QB. --Trent sucks, Fitz is old, Brohm is a castoff and Levi Brown is not the answer.

I'm reminded of how we screwed up and should have paid Peters or how he was the best LT who ever played the game before he was let go.

I'm remnded of how bad Marv Levy shafted the team (the second time around) for the next 10 years and how Jauron was the devil.

I'm reminded of how Lee Evans is overpaid and is not a true #1 WR.

I'm reminded that Spiller has not played one down of NFL football and was a horrible draft pick.

I'm reminded that Chan is not a big name coach and never had a job offer after he was fired by KC.

Well, you know what. --I'm not buying the 'glass half empty' mentality. I'm a positive person and no matter what, the future always looks bright for me. Bright at home, at work and around one Bills Drive.

I'm not stupid either!--- I know the team has problems, but bit**ing about it ALL THE TIME and finding fault with EVERYTHINHG is not going to do anything to make it different. ---People stick by Obama unconditionally because they voted for the guy and don't want to be associated with the mess were in. However, you call yourselves Bills fans yet knock the team, the owner the coaches and the players daily. ---I don't get it.

Lets start some positive chat on this thread. All the pessimists can stay away and post elsewhere. We are only six weeks away from the Hall of Fame Bowl and about 11 weeks from the start of the 2010 season. Lets get excited!!

I've been in the Military 18 years and live Buffalo Bills Football. --Sure, I get knocked, laughed at and spat on (not really, but it sounded good) but I always wear my colors with pride. I hate when they lose. It hurts. My Mondays are painful, but I stand by the colors through thick and thin. Unconditionally!

This year, I DO have faith in the new regime and its' philosophy of more regimented practices. This year I am excited, to say the least, about Byrd, Spiller, Carrington and Easley. I'm pulling for Trent, hoping he gets his head right with a new offense but I'll root for whoever is behind center. I'm optimistic about the 3-4 even though I know there will be growing pains.

So in closing. --Bills fans, stand up. Be proud. There are brighter days ahead of us. For those of you that have guff with the team and the players, don't taint or poison the spirits of the Billievers on every single thread, about every single topic. Lets type positively (at least on this thread) and allow the optimist fans to have a place to gather.

Go Bills!

Thanks for the good laugh. Otherwise no comment.

Thanks for the good laugh. Otherwise no comment.

Well, at least mpl spared you the "think before you speak!" reprimand.

I like your positive attitude BillsFanInLV.

I've been following the Bills since 1967. I went to a Super Bowl with them and have had season tickets for many years, even though I'm living in Syracuse. I have had my heart torn out more times than I can remember, but every year I am optimistic and look forward to opening day. I don't have any expectations for this team - I just hope they will be competitive and give us a memorable win or two. Anything more than that and I'll be an even happier camper.

I see the weaknesses in the team but choose to not belabor them or belittle others who have their own opinion. But it is fun to see posters make jackasses out of themselves now and then....it passes the offseason for me in a humorous way!

Well, at least mpl spared you the "think before you speak!" reprimand.

I like your positive attitude BillsFanInLV.

I've been following the Bills 1967. I went to a Super Bowl with them and have had season tickets for many years, even though I'm living in Syracuse. I have had my heart torn out more times than I can remember, but every year I am optimistic and look forward to opening day. I don't have any expectation for this team - I just hope they will be competitive and give us a memorable win or two. Anything more than that and I'll be an even happier camper.

I see the weaknesses in the team but choose to not belabor them or belittle others who have their own opinion. But it is fun to see posters make jackasses out of themselves now and then....it passes the offseason for me in a humorous way!

Thanks for your post Mr "T" it was absolutely uninspiring and downright boring at best. To top it off, you come accross "holy than thou."

I don't have any expectation for this team - I just hope they will be competitive and give us a memorable win or two. Anything more than that and I'll be an even happier camper. Sorry, I think this philosophy or viewpoint is "lame," boring, uninspiring, etc...When you go to a game do you even cheer? Wake up guy and have some spunk, gonads, and hope the Bills can have more then a memorable win or two....With this kinda attitude I suppose you must have been a huge Dick Juaron fan.

Sorry to be so blunt...Not my intentions to insult anyone but you have to be kidding me with your message. OH I almost forgot "Think before you speak!"

BillsFanInLV, You are not alone. I too have been in the Military for 18 years. I get the jokes as well. I take my lumps because I was born in western NY and proud of the Bills. I still shutter any time I hear wide right, but I am also the first one to bring the MIGHTY Bills from buffalo up in conversation. I have even converted some fans to the Bills nation. So fear not, you are not alone waiting for this season to start. I just have to figure out how to watch them this season.

GO BILLS!

Thanks for your post Mr "T" it was absolutely uninspiring and downright boring at best. To top it off, you come accross "holy than thou."

I don't have any expectation for this team - I just hope they will be competitive and give us a memorable win or two. Anything more than that and I'll be an even happier camper. Sorry, I think this philosophy or viewpoint is "lame," boring, uninspiring, etc...When you go to a game do you even cheer? Wake up guy and have some spunk, gonads, and hope the Bills can have more then a memorable win or two....With this kinda attitude I suppose you must have been a huge Dick Juaron fan.

Sorry to be so blunt...Not my intentions to insult anyone but you have to be kidding me with your message. OH I almost forgot "Think before you speak!"

Took you less than 15 minutes to make my last point for me!

BillsFanInLV, You are not alone. I too have been in the Military for 18 years. I get the jokes as well. I take my lumps because I was born in western NY and proud of the Bills. I still shutter any time I hear wide right, but I am also the first one to bring the MIGHTY Bills from buffalo up in conversation. I have even converted some fans to the Bills nation. So fear not, you are not alone waiting for this season to start. I just have to figure out how to watch them this season.

GO BILLS!

I was in Djbouti, Africa last year and was suprised to see a Bills sticker on a beer cooler in Downtown Djbouti.

I figured when T-shirts frrom the early 90's were prematurely printed reading "Buffalo Bills, Superbowl Champions" they were probably sent to a third world country in Africa thus inspiring a generation of African Bills fans. ;)

I love this post! And thanks for serving!

My blood type, after all, is B Positive!

I think some of the complaints about the Bills are at least partly off the mark.

It's said the Bills didn't address their QB problem. I think they did... by hiring Chan Gailey who has the ability to coax production from flawed QBs.

It's said the Bills didn't address their line problems. I think they did... by hiring two qualified S&C coaches who will prevent the rash of injuries that plagued the line last year.

It's sometimes said the Bills didn't address their weak run defense. I think they did... with a couple acquisitions, a draft choice, and by switching to the 3-4.

I'm not expecting playoffs this year but the preseason power rankings in the national media showing us 30, 31, 32 are insane. The Bills will field a competitive team.

Go Bills!

Once again he clicks and enters a discussion where his negative a$$ was uninvited.

Once again he clicks and enters a discussion where his negative a$$ was uninvited.

Amazing, huh? And then he bitches ME out for having low expectations. Wow.

I did spare him the following: "Where's my spunk? Why, it's right there.......dripping off your chin"

Amazing, huh? And then he bitches ME out for having low expectations. Wow.

I did spare him the following: "Where's my spunk? Why, it's right there.......dripping off your chin"

That is really funny and I am being serious. LOL you got me there. I don't have a cum back for that one.

i might be speaking for many here, but there's really no need to apologize for being blunt, because i couldn't make heads or tails out of what you wrote. if that's blunt, you just might be stoned.

jw

I have also been a die hard Bills fan since the early 80's. I served over 21 years in the military also. I am not from Buffalo. But everybody I know that have been there for any reason tell me the city is the most depressing city that they have ever been to. I am not trying to insult anybody (I try not to believe their assesment, but most people on this board has this attitude). Some of these people have been deployed to war zones! It does seem that the Bills do find new ways to disappoint their fans. I love the Bills and Iwill continue to follow them!

Well, that list is a pretty good beginning.

You forgot:

The owner is old and cheap...

The uniforms are ugly...

The stadium is old...

The cheerleaders are ugly...

The Toronto Morgue Experiment...

Tom Modrak can't draft worth squat...

The Front Office can't Photoshop worth squat...

The Tim Horton mugs are cheap...

President McKinley's assassination...

Bethlehem Steel closed down...

The Love Canal...

Ya know, the list is a lot longer but I dont want to use up all the internets.

Well, that list is a pretty good beginning.

You forgot:

The owner is old and cheap...

The uniforms are ugly...

The cheerleaders are ugly...

The Toronto Morgue Experiment...

Tom Modrak can't draft worth squat...

The Front Office can't Photoshop worth squat...

The Tim Horton mugs are cheap...

President McKinley's assassination...

Bethlehem Steel closed down...

The Love Canal...

Ya know, the list is a lot longer but I dont want to use up all the internets.

The owner is old and cheap... But manages to keep the team in Buffalo.

The uniforms are ugly... But the throwbacks are awesome.

The stadium is old... But serves as a 'Mecca' to those of us living aboad who see it only once a year.

The cheerleaders are ugly... But we'd all sleep with them if they gave us a chance.

The Toronto Morgue Experiment... Brings the team something in the area of $72 million

Tom Modrak can't draft worth squat... Hopefully that changes with Nix at the helm.

The Front Office can't Photoshop worth squat... You're really digging deep here.

The Tim Horton mugs are cheap... but you religiously continue to steal them. ;)

President McKinley's assassination... put Buffalo in the History books.

Bethlehem Steel closed down... happened years ago.

The Love Canal... also happened years ago.

See, you too can also start seeing things through other than doom and gloom spectacles.

Other than complaining, these things are out of your locust of control. --Dare you to quit watching, reading, wearing and attending Buffalo Bills. :devil:

It just goes to show you. My thread has been up for a few hours and even though the thread title calls for excited and optimistic Bll Fans, the thread is peppered with grief, misery and doom.

I think there may be no hope. I'm guessing in the coming years, the superbowl after party in downtown Buffalo will be attended by all these negative posters proclaiming 'all along I supported the Bills...through thick and thin'

Back to your apocalyptic countdown calenders. Jackals! ;)