Brohm

That Gailey said he's catching-up, if not caught-up, to the other 2 should tell you something.

Edwards will be number one in the Pecking order. Edwards will start the pre season and several regular season games. The Offensive Line will be shaky the first few regular season games then hopefully they will improve. By mid season or sooner Edwards will likely be on IR as is his history. Brohm will be the QB by mid season.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Gailey said he's catching-up, if not caught-up, to the other 2 should tell you something.

It tells me the other 2 have no business competing for the starting job either. The fact Gailey has the three that close indicates that we will have no QB qualified to start in the NFL, but by default, one of them will be starting. At least if Brohm ends up the starter, we've got a chance of getting Jake Locker, big time. So if I have to live with bad quarterbacking for one more season, let it be Bruce Mathison bad.

Obviously, you didn't get the memo sent to you stating that Edwards is going to be the starting qb. I just wanted to remind you so you don't look silly when it happens. :thumbsup: LOL

There is no memo. Edwards may start the season at the top of the pecking order (the head pecker, if you will), but will likely lose it.

There is no memo. Edwards may start the season at the top of the pecking order (the head pecker, if you will), but will likely lose it.

If the OL pass blocks like it did last year that pecking order will quickly change for all the mutilated qbs. :thumbsup:

If the OL pass blocks like it did last year that pecking order will quickly change for all the mutilated qbs. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately for Trent, it wasn't a line blocking issue that knocked him out in 2008 in that Cardinals game.

I wouldn't say Brohm is unproven, he started last year against Atlanta when Fitz and Edwards were injured. Now if I'm not mistaken Atlanta had one of the worst secondary's at the time and had some players injured.

17-29 -146 yards 2 INT's 2 sacks, the Bills lost 31-3

Needless to say with Fitz still nursing an injury they started him over Brohm in the next game, kinda says something to me.

Trent Edwards stats in his first regular season game:

10-20 97 yards 0 td 1 INT 1 sack QB rating 43.1, the Bills lost 38-7

Needless to say Trent had a full training camp and played in all 4 preseason games prior to appearing in his first regular season game.

That's easy. However some Brohm apologists , I'm not saying you since I don't follow who is the poster on most posts, are spinning like tops trying to defend the reasons why he ended up here. Some will use the match excuse as you did, but the simplest answer is that they were just trying to protect their insurance policy of a 3rd QB on the practice squad who actually knew the system for the rest of the 2009 season because bringing in someone new, which they ended up doing twice after Brohm came here because the 1st new guy signed with another team's 53, required teaching someone new the system, making that guy as worthless to GB as Brohm was to the 2009 Bills. (Funny, the Brohm apologists use Brohm was too new in the system as an excuse for the Atlanta debacle, but can't grasp why GB preferred their insurance QB to know their system).

I've often answered that question with the insurance premise & then asked -If they were so high on Brohm then why didn't they try to exceed the Bills offer. So far nobody has come up with a real answer to that one. The typical Brohm guy answer is "why would they exceed the offer if he was 3rd & would never start over Rodgers?" That answer backs my answer the Packers only were looking at Brohm's 2009 insurance value & nothing more.

The Brohm apologists have spun in different directions in the same threads. The best oxymoronic spin is the Packers didn't have the roster space to keep 3 QBs and that's the only reason Brohm was cut in September, but then they cite the "match offer". They claim the match offer is proof the Packers valued Brohm, yet this is the same team that valued him so much they were willing to get NOTHING in return when they waived him. Once again that logic only backs my insurance premise. Sure you can spin it that the spot opened up due to guys going on IR as the season progressed, but the bottom line is they did not do anything to protect their interests in Brohm until the Bills' offer-once again confirming the only interested in 2009 in season insurance premise.

Then there are the ones (like above) who will list all these UFAs & late picks who flew under the radar, got cut & either were picked up on waivers or spent time on a practice squad & then made it big. What they fail to understand is that 2nd round QBs are on everyone's radar & they don't fly under the radar like these UFAs & late round guys do. The chance of a guy who was already under the radar succeeding are much better that an early round bust, especially at the QB spot, who got waived already. Just look at how many shots the 1st round busts get-I can't remember any recent 1st round QB bust making it after his 1st team waived him, even though other teams have tried with guys like Leaf, Harrington, McNow, Couch, and of course our two poster boys that each cost us a 1st -Rob Johnson & JP Losman. Sometimes I think the Brohm guys are closet JP guys who have finally moved on to a new lost cause. (That is until we get the posts from the JP diehards claiming he'll now emerge as the man in Seattle)

Then there are the worse ones-the ones who don't even know that Brohm was waived, cleared waivers by all other 31 teams, then landed on the practice squad. They say things like "He was never waived, we got him off their practice squad". Those people who don't know how he got to the practice squad can't be reasoned with.

I've written off Brohm because history tells us that there are virtually no mistakes when a team lets a high picked QB leave with no compensation (unless he's a veteran salary cap dump, often on his 2nd or 3rd contract). There are plenty of late round mistakes because the guys are not scrutinized as closely, explaining the Warners, Bulgers, Hasselbecks, and Moores etc.

There's probably a ton of good insight here...but you HAVE TO figure out how to organize these thoughts and articulate the informaiton.

ok c.c., have it your way. you're a crazy genius goat ! :D

yep, i definitely think buddy got brohm in here to play. they just didn't know when he'd be ready to contribute. agreed, he seems to have the "tools" to play. his deep ball rocks- ok, that only gets him to JP level.. but he seems to be accurate on crossing routes as well. only thing is, he's as green as cheektowaga grass, and that makes him more prone to mistakes.

the thing that really stands out would be his throwing mechanics, vs. the other 2 competitors.

Fitz- has to set fast and really PUSH off his back foot to get a throw where it needs to be. that said, he seems to set up pretty quick.

Trent- just holds the ball by his ear and then tries to twist his torso fast and whip the ball out there. bit...

Brohm- seems to casually invoke his entire body the instant he wants to throw, and makes it look so natural it's striking.

haven't watched Brown that closely, but he seems to be a pretty natural passer too.

the other thing that could give Brohm the edge is his attitude. like he cares, but he doesn't. i mean he'll work hard and give it all he's got, but in the end, not worry about it. Trent seems more like a worrier and that can really work against a QB.

then again, anything can happen in camp and preseason. but it's not so bad being a goat. they had one on South Park, and everyone thought it was Stevie Nix ! (if it worked for her, why not Buddy??)

~AS

:thumbsup::devil: for working a cheektowaga reference into a thread.

Trent Edwards stats in his first regular season game:

10-20 97 yards 0 td 1 INT 1 sack QB rating 43.1, the Bills lost 38-7

Needless to say Trent had a full training camp and played in all 4 preseason games prior to appearing in his first regular season game.

Thats too many facts for him to process...