We now have 5 tight ends, who stays / who goes & why??

Nelson, Matthews, Schouman, Jonathan Stupar and Joe Klopfenstein. Who is staying / who is going and why??

Nelson = He's a great runner that can catch / will start.

Matthews = 270 Lbs SB winner that can block for our running attack.

Joe K = His name is more challening than most of the local which will help local jersey sales.

Nelson = He's a great runner that can catch / will start.

Matthews = 270 Lbs SB winner that can block for our running attack.

Joe K = His name is more challening than most of the local which will help local jersey sales.

Nelson, Matthews and Schouman if they decide to keep three or old Schoey gets the cut. Joe Klopfenstein got cut like 4-5 times last season before injuries brought him back the last few games. I don't see him making it this time. Stupar will go.

Does it matter? None of them are capable NFL starters.

Yeah nobody around the league talks highly of Nelson, Schouman didn't lead the team in receptions before he was injured and Matthews didn't start in a superbowl.

None of these guys should start right?

Yeah nobody around the league talks highly of Nelson, Schouman didn't lead the team in receptions before he was injured and Matthews didn't start in a superbowl.

None of these guys should start right?

The rules are:

1) No one on the Bills is an NFL starter, even our starters.

2) Any player cut from another team is better than anyone we presently have on our roster.

3) You don't talk about Fight Club.

PTR

The rules are:

2) Any player cut from another team is better than anyone we presently have on our roster.

PTR

:unsure:

Thanks for the input.

1. Nelson - potential as a downfield threat, is a willing blocker

2. Schouman - does nothing great, does everything ok

3. Matthews - for his blocking ability, could see him being Bills #2 in two TE sets

Is Stupar still practice squad eligible? wouldn't mind seeing him retained if that is the case.

The rules are:

PTR

:unsure:

Jeez, the first time in years, the Bills seem to have some actual choices regarding the TE position. Nelson has the size, speed, and what appear to be excellent hands. He could be the secret sauce. A TE who can catch and run.

Gailey brought in Matthews so I suspect he stick, and having a 270 lb TE who can block is not a bad thing. He also has shown to be able to make some nice catches as well in the OTA's to date. I would put Schouman third.

The biggest issue last year with our TE's is that they too frequently had to stay in to block since the O-line struggled so much last year with growing pains and injuries.

Jeez, the first time in years, the Bills seem to have some actual choices regarding the TE position. Nelson has the size, speed, and what appear to be excellent hands. He could be the secret sauce. A TE who can catch and run.

Gailey brought in Matthews so I suspect he stick, and having a 270 lb TE who can block is not a bad thing. He also has shown to be able to make some nice catches as well in the OTA's to date. I would put Schouman third.

The biggest issue last year with our TE's is that they too frequently had to stay in to block since the O-line struggled so much last year with growing pains and injuries.

Matthews also started during the Giants SB win and was part of their league topping running game results for years, which shows me the Bills have a plan to get there through the run. Add in a Spiller, a little wood and I am happy.

I personally like seeing a plan that you can't gameplan for, pounding the rock again and again. Our defense coming around also makes us look like a Jets clone of last season, which didn't do that bad.

Pound the rock, have a pretty stout D. It's a plan.

Nelson, Matthews, Schouman, Jonathan Stupar and Joe Klopfenstein. Who is staying / who is going and why??

I think they will all be Bills this season. Nelson and Schouman will get IR'd at some point during preseason or regular season so the other guys will get their chances. Stupar will be the starter in week 17. There will also be a couple new scrubeenie TE's brought in to replenish the practice squad.

I hope I am wrong, but TE is such a tough position to fill with quality and the Bills really don't make enough effort to believe they will find excellence at the position. Every team has talented guys like Nelson and Schouman who either can't stay healthy, won't block or can't figure out how to get open even though they run a 4.5 40.

Sad but true, despite the self-denial from other posters in this thread.

Nelson is still raw, but is our best, and likely would be a #2 or #3 on most teams.

The other guys have practice-squad talent.

Yeah the SB starter / winner Matthews is just useless. :)

The rules are:

PTR

I love it thanks

Sad but true, despite the self-denial from other posters in this thread.

Nelson is still raw, but is our best, and likely would be a #2 or #3 on most teams.

The other guys have practice-squad talent.

Why is it whenever someone posts that they think a Bills Player belongs in the NFL, someone has to chime in with a post (or series of posts) like these?

Why does a fan have to be in "Self-Denial" to believe that a Bills Player is actually good enough to be in the NFL?

I understand why Mr. Wonderful makes such comments, he's nothing but a TROLL visiting from patsfan.cheat and laughing about his comments here on his home board. But why do you have to encourage such behaviour, JR?