Jason Giambi Admits to Using Growth Hormone

millbank

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i get it, you agree with us and also think bonds has used roids........no surprise there........

142483[/snapback]

Even if he started using steroids in 2000 or whenever (and again, there is as yet no proof of that), he was a mortal lock for the Hall of Fame already based on his career to that point. There's not a single other player -- McGwire included -- about whom you can say that.

Maybe this could lead to the end of baseball.

So let's see. There's already no hockey. This would get rid of baseball. All we'd have to do is get rid of the NBA and the sports world would finally be perfect.

142492[/snapback]

Not as long as there's still soccer.

whats worse??

taking steroids. (cheating in the game)

or

Gambling on baseball. (even though you dont bet on your teams games)

i say if hes on the "juice" he souldnt get in the hall until after he dies  :o  :w00t:  :ph34r:

just like the "unnamed baseball gambler"

142401[/snapback]

The existance of gambling calls into question the legitimacy of the entire leauge. I can live with a guy juicing himself up to give himself an unfair advantage. I can't live with skepticism that the whole leauge is a charade orchestrated by swindlers. Rose's actions were the first step on that path, which is why he needed to be hammered as badly as he was.

Shoeless Joe may be a folk hero now, but Landis was 1000% right to ban the Black Sox for life.

Even if he started using steroids in 2000 or whenever (and again, there is as yet no proof of that), he was a mortal lock for the Hall of Fame already based on his career to that point.  There's not a single other player -- McGwire included -- about whom you can say that.

142490[/snapback]

so again i ask, why did he start using? for the long-term health benefits? he did it to cheat, plain and simple.........

BRH took denial lessons from BF.

142498[/snapback]

The difference is I'm not blindly defending people on my favorite team in the face of actual evidence (like, um, videotape). I'm not a Giants fan.

Why is it that Jason Giambi, Sammy Sosa and Jeff Bagwell are all smaller (and less effective, and more injury-prone) than they used to be, while Bonds has neither shrunk, gotten hurt, nor lost effectiveness? Is Bonds THAT sanguine about not getting caught?

Its sad so many players who have attained their positions by hard work , pactice and good coaching will be under suspicion and tainted by this.

I think it wrong to isolate baseball as the only sport with a problem here.

Its long time rather than find scape goats and villians that we as a culture look at the inordinate import we place on sport and how this effects us as a people.

Why is it that Jason Giambi, Sammy Sosa and Jeff Bagwell are all smaller (and less effective, and more injury-prone)  than they used to be, while Bonds has neither shrunk, gotten hurt, nor lost effectiveness?  Is Bonds THAT sanguine about not getting caught?

142520[/snapback]

care to comment today???