Madden 2011 !!! very cool stuff

brenty

No, NFL2k5 isn't better. Get over yourself.

Don't get me wrong, i liked competition, and having a choice between games. It also drove EA to make better games. But the people who still insist 2k5 is better simply identify themselves as fanboys.

The reason ea bought out the rights to football for video games is because 2k5 was much better then madden 05. They were scared 2k5 would beat them so they did the logical choice and payed there way to win the market.

The reason ea bought out the rights to football for video games is because 2k5 was much better then madden 05. They were scared 2k5 would beat them so they did the logical choice and payed there way to win the market.

But how does that make 2k5 better than Madden 11?

because the gameplay itself is much better then madden. The graphics and game modes are obvously better in madden. Im just saying that nfl 2k5 feels more like your actually playing football. The players actually look like they can run.

Fitzy looks like he is running for his life in that screenshot.. Brady looks all relaxed.. LOL

they also have fred jackson that is the picture when you do away. But i thought the fitzy looked horrible so thats why i took the picture :thumbsup:

because the gameplay itself is much better then madden. The graphics and game modes are obvously better in madden. Im just saying that nfl 2k5 feels more like your actually playing football. The players actually look like they can run.

Speaking as a guy who loved NFL 2K I do feel the game gets romanticized a bit. You can go on youtube and see some videos of guys comparing Madden 06-10 to 2K5 saying how 2K has better running animations and gameplay ect. What those people forget is that while 2K was an awesome game it wasn't without flaws.

In 2K5 guys would run past defenders instead of cutting down their angles. Also the momentum detection was far from perfect as well as the O-line never formed a comprehensive pocket around the QB at times. Also 2K's playbooks sucked.

Now don't get me wrong I am usually very critical of the Madden series but Madden 10 was a superior game to 2K5 and while its sad it took Madden till Madden 2010 to get better then a game made in 2004 it was a better game. The gang tackling of more then two guys, the pocket forming around the QB, and the O-Line ratings actually mattering in gameplay were some key improvements.

I wish this season they made some better improvements to the franchise mode (But they say major changes are coming for that in 2012) but the fact that they are improving the running is long overdue. As far as buying the game I am on the fence I skipped 06-07 because they were utter crap (First couple on the new systems usually are and I didn't have a 360 at that point) bought 2008 used for like 20 bucks 4 months after the game came out. Skipped 2009 completely although a friend ended up giving me the game later on for free. But I bought 2010 after playing the demo and actually liked it.

Overall I need to see more then just improvements in the way the players run before I consider a purchase.

I got the AFL pack for free on '10, a month or 2 after it came out. (PS3) I forgot it was actually a pay add-on at first.

I'm a big madden fan, but thusfar i haven't been too impressed at what i have been reading. I'm holding hope they are going to drop a bomb on us with something crazy new, like a complete re-design of franchise mode (which was rumored to be in '10, then in '11). I like the game play improvements they've added, but those were necessary adjustments, and aren't anything huge.

I also check the madden blog from time to time, and they haven't had a ton of stuff either.

EDIT: madden blog is now reporting no major changes to franchise this season, but that they are re-building the mode from the ground up for '12.

Do you know if franchise was any better in '10 than in '09? (which was a huge dissappointment imo)

Do you know if franchise was any better in '10 than in '09? (which was a huge dissappointment imo)

I can't really compare, because i had '09 for the PS2 and '10 was my first madden on the next-gen systems (PS3). I can give you explanations for any questions you have about franchise in '10, like scouting, the draft, free agency, progression, etc. Let me know what you didnt like about franchise in '09 and i'll tell you if they improved it in '10.

I can't really compare, because i had '09 for the PS2 and '10 was my first madden on the next-gen systems (PS3). I can give you explanations for any questions you have about franchise in '10, like scouting, the draft, free agency, progression, etc. Let me know what you didnt like about franchise in '09 and i'll tell you if they improved it in '10.

The players didn't seem to progress unless you spend an ungodly amount of time practicing with them. That was the main drawback for me.

The players didn't seem to progress unless you spend an ungodly amount of time practicing with them. That was the main drawback for me.

Progression was totally re-done then. Player progression was then determined by in game production but also based on their "potential." each player carried a "potential" grade from A to F. The higher grade, the better chance of more natural progression. Progression also depended on age, so older players were going to drop more and/or faster than younger players. I actually found the system worked pretty good. You could have a young guy rated a 60 who might advance to a 65 or 66 in one season with only decent numbers. On the flip side, a guy rated 78 may stick at 78 even with good stats if the potential was low.

For rookies, you did rookie scouting in-season where it would unlock some attributes and give you ranges of some others, depending on how many weeks you spent scouting (up to 6 total for any player). Potential was listed as a bar, where the higher the bar, the more potential. Potential wasn't just based on attributes and draft position. Also, there was a nice mix of low attribute guys with high potential, and high attribute rookies with low potential.

Nothing was more frustrating than drafting a 1st round rookie who was a 77 overall, but had a D for potential. I found the draft much more realistic than it had been on the PS2.

Progression was totally re-done then. Player progression was then determined by in game production but also based on their "potential." each player carried a "potential" grade from A to F. The higher grade, the better chance of more natural progression. Progression also depended on age, so older players were going to drop more and/or faster than younger players. I actually found the system worked pretty good. You could have a young guy rated a 60 who might advance to a 65 or 66 in one season with only decent numbers. On the flip side, a guy rated 78 may stick at 78 even with good stats if the potential was low.

For rookies, you did rookie scouting in-season where it would unlock some attributes and give you ranges of some others, depending on how many weeks you spent scouting (up to 6 total for any player). Potential was listed as a bar, where the higher the bar, the more potential. Potential wasn't just based on attributes and draft position. Also, there was a nice mix of low attribute guys with high potential, and high attribute rookies with low potential.

Nothing was more frustrating than drafting a 1st round rookie who was a 77 overall, but had a D for potential. I found the draft much more realistic than it had been on the PS2.

Thanks, I may have to give it another shot

Franchise was improved a lot from 2009 (Which agreed sucked) and 2010. Each player gets a potential rating that goes from A to F and the older the player gets the less like to improve while younger players improve more in their younger years while in their prime players tend to peak. Also in franchise you can't just gobble up every free agent even if you have the highest offer on the table player will tend to go to teams based on factors like coach, success, stadium, need, ect.

Another big improvement was the draft (Although it still has a long way to go) you can actually find good players in rounds 3-6 (Ratings as high as 80's) although they still need to improve the scouting process as well as the balancing (I have drafted players in rounds 1 and two that were rated way too low like 57) but the fact is that because picks in the first two rounds actually develop sometimes there is value to having those picks.

Also the more balanced ratings system of 60's are backups 70's are average, 80's are good, and 90's are awesome makes franchise much better as well. Still has bit of a ways to go but its more then passable.

Don't get me wrong, i liked competition, and having a choice between games. It also drove EA to make better games. But the people who still insist 2k5 is better simply identify themselves as fanboys.

sounds like a madden fanboy to me. NFL 2k5 is still the best in MANY peoples eyes.

Btw.... It's an opinion. You act as if there's a science to what the better game is.

I wish this season they made some better improvements to the franchise mode (But they say major changes are coming for that in 2012).

Agree 100x. Im glad to hear that it is rumored for 2012.

As far as 2K vs EA. It is an absolute crime that 2K hoarded the MLB rights. the last EA MLB game was a masterpiece.

As far as football goes, I think Madden has done good overall since 2005, but now year to year it doesnt seem like there are as many improvements as there should be.

Just played Madden 2009 on my friend's XBOX 360. I haven't bought a Madden game in years- it is so bad- you push buttoms and watch. Used to be a lot better.......game play sacrificed for graphics