16 years ago today

I was at a party with some work friends on the UWS of Manhattan where I lived at the time. They had the Knicks game on one TV and OJ on another--surreal is quite the word to fit that night. Being the only Bills fan at the party, I spent more time watching OJ than the Knicks and remember almost tearing up at one point realizing that my boyhood idol was in such bad shape, morally and otherwise.....

OJ's white Bronco chase. Did you watch it live?

A bad day for Bills fans

I wasnt living in Southern California yet, but I was living in Northern California and watched it all unfold live on TV. It was crazy...I personally did not have any attachment to OJ, because he played before I became a fan of the Bills, so I never got to see him play as I really didnt start becoming a fan of the Bills until about 1988. It was still crazy though, because I was very familiar with OJ from all the other stuff he did.

Living here in CA, the most interesting day though was when the verdict was going to be announced. They closed all the malls where I lived fearing riots regardless of the verdict, and again, I was in Nor Cal. It was just a crazy day and you just knew you were witnessing history when it was all unfolding.

It was game 5.

The only reason I know this is I just watched ESPN's 30 for 30, one hour program last night. On June 7th, 1994, you had OJ, the Knicks v Rockets game 5 final, Arnold Palmer's last round at the US Open, and the NY Rangers Stanley Cup celebration.

Great news day for sports.

Right you are, it was game 5. I vividly recall that day, as I have been a Rockets fan for many years, and I was looking forward to seeing 'em win the title. That put a damper on things for sure. But...

Game 7 was awesome, especially when Olajuwon passed up a turnaround jumper to pass the ball out to Vernon Maxwell in the closing minutes of the game. Maxwell drained a 3 and gave Houston a big enough cushion that I was sure @ that point they'd win the game and the title, which they did.

TMEP?

The Murderous Ex-Player.

Uh huh. It's the only way I refer to 'em.

I was sleeping with my Administrative Assistant for the first time that week. For the next 16 months, everything after that was pretty anticlimactic.

How did the trial end up?

"Feel The Benefit" - 10 CC

I watched it all and kept thinking he was going to blow his brains out on national television. Talk about reality tv!!! The 30 for 30 film about June 17, 1994 aired last night and was very good. Focused mostly on OJ and the chase.

And then everybody was disappointed when they went back to his place and nothing happened??

What a society!!

OJ's white Bronco chase. Did you watch it live?

A bad day for Bills fans

For a while i thoroughly enjoyed seeing OJ on the Bills sidelines doing his interviews and giving his reports. I Really liked it! I thought it was awesome to see a legend being there with his old team. I wished i had seen him play live.

Then he used his knife and all respect was lost. what a disgrace :/