Anyone know how ticket sales are going?

K-No

Season ticket holders have had over a week to gobble up extra tickets. In previous years, some games are sold out by the time tickets go on sale to the general public.

Not much word about how ticket sales are progressing this year. <_<

Last year, it was about this time when preliminary season ticket totals were announced:

2009 Season Ticket article

In 2008, they released some season ticket numbers in May:

2008 Season Ticket article

It's reasonable to believe Bills fans have decided to play wait and see about this team. Nix and Gailey inspire little and 2010 will most likely be a rebuilding season. Besides, after 10 years of unfulfilled hope preached from Russ and the marketeers, why wouldn't fans be hesitant to purchase seasons?

I get the feeling there are more tickets available this year. Had no trouble getting individual game seats. Lets hope those on the fence will regret waiting.

PTR

Season ticket holders were only allowed 6 additional tickets for individual games this year. The limit used to be 10.

I get the feeling there are more tickets available this year. Had no trouble getting individual game seats. Lets hope those on the fence will regret waiting.

PTR

LOL. Big change from you from a few weeks ago when you were telling everyone how the Bills weren't hurting in this department.

But anyway, my season ticket rep said this is the best year, by far, to upgrade seats because of low season ticket renewals. They'll pick up a bit. But with the division looking pretty good this year, unfortunately, get ready for tons of visiting fans this year.

UGH. :flirt:

LOL. Big change from you from a few weeks ago when you were telling everyone how the Bills weren't hurting in this department.

But anyway, my season ticket rep said this is the best year, by far, to upgrade seats because of low season ticket renewals. They'll pick up a bit. But with the division looking pretty good this year, unfortunately, get ready for tons of visiting fans this year.

UGH. :flirt:

I they will lose some of the band wagon jumpers but I doubt it will be below 50K. These people will be storming the box office looking for tickets once the season starts.

PTR

I they will lose some of the band wagon jumpers but I doubt it will be below 50K.

I don't think it's fair to call anyone a band wagon jumper after the decade of **** the Bills FO has shoveled onto the field. But I do agree with you about ticket sales. Bills fans are by and large loyal (to a fault). Plus to a large group of people it is less about winning and more about the game day experience anyway.

I don't think it's fair to call anyone a band wagon jumper after the decade of **** the Bills FO has shoveled onto the field. But I do agree with you about ticket sales. Bills fans are by and large loyal (to a fault). Plus to a large group of people it is less about winning and more about the game day experience anyway.

Buffalo is not New York City or Boston where fans can stay away without fear of losing their franchises. If you don't go to Bills games out of protest you're basically telling the team to get out of town.

PTR

Buffalo is not New York City or Boston where fans can stay away without fear of losing their franchises. If you don't go to Bills games out of protest you're basically telling the team to get out of town.

PTR

I really can't stand this argument. I drive over 2 hours each game day and have for 5 years because I figured the bills would turn it around soon. Each trip costs the 4 of us about $100 apiece. This year its asking way to much to be loyal to that extent. Ii will still live and diie with them each Sunday but reefuse to be held hostage that they might move if they don't get my money. If thhats thee case good riddance winning teams make money and don't need tricks (t.o.) to sell tix. Noone would b considering giving up their tix and the bills would not even be talked about for relocation if they simply fielded a winner more than once every... jeez I don't even kno what to say for how long there

I don't see it as a protest as much as expecting quid pro quo. Which the Bills FO has not provided for the last 10 seasons (at least). And it isn't "get out of town" as much as "get your heads out of your asses and field a competitive team". Though the getting out of town might be the end result if the FO does not care to, or does not know how to, field a competitive team.

But as I said above, there is a hardcore group of people like yourself as well as the "gameday experience above all else" people that will keep the ticket sales respectable as long as the Bills play at the Ralph. To each his own.

And I still say that because some people expect value for their money and choose not to financially support Ralph until he shows the fans a little love it does not make them a "bandwagon jumper". But YMMV.

PTR

If that stadium fit 100k fans and was filled every gameday, it wouldn't prevent the team from leaving. There remain a host of external issues not relevant to fan support that move teams. Regardless, supporting a failing franchise which cannot attract proven front office and on-field talent will not keep that team in WNY. It's going to take much more than just fans filling seats where season tickets cost $450.

PTR

This is the cold, hard truth. Sucks to hear, especially when this front office NEEDS a fanbase to tune out in protest to get its "stuff' together. But the only way the team sticks around after Ralph's demise is with strong attendance numbers.

Goodell has suggested on several occasions that the NFL league office will offer no support for communities seeking to prevent re-location if their stadium is not sold out regularly.

Given the economic disadvantages when it comes to overall seat prices, PSLs, premium seats, and suites, attendance is the only thing we can hold onto.