Vote for new stadium for 49'ers today

Today is the California Primary, and in the Bay Area a lot of us will be watching the results of "Measure J".

The city of Santa Clara is voting on building a brand new state-of-the-art stadium for the 49'ers and maybe even the Raiders to play in.

The NFL is in full support of this project, even promising the area a Super Bowl if they make it happen.

I dont want taxpayers to fund football, as much as I like it. We have bigger problems in the world than not enough football subsidies.

It will be played with tax revenue from legalized marijuana sales. Talk about your "bud bowl."

PTR

Looks like it's a done deal.

With 52 of 58 precincts in:

YES 59.7%

NO 40.3%

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/c...?nclick_check=1

I wish them luck.

Hamilton County OH (Paul Brown Stadium) is functionally broke because of service on the stadium bonds.

The vote for it was as usual - folks with little or no skin in the game went for it in droves.

In the past 3 years, something like 1,400 prison cells have been eliminated. Here, you can have tons of priors, do serious physical harm to others, get processed, and you are back on the street the next day. To intimidate and terrorize witnesses. It's a big problem.

Many lay-offs of county workers.

Social services - indigent care, clinics, etc. are on the block. They will get the axe

I wish them luck.

Hamilton County OH (Paul Brown Stadium) is functionally broke because of service on the stadium bonds.

The vote for it was as usual - folks with little or no skin in the game went for it in droves.

In the past 3 years, something like 1,400 prison cells have been eliminated. Here, you can have tons of priors, do serious physical harm to others, get processed, and you are back on the street the next day. To intimidate and terrorize witnesses. It's a big problem.

Many lay-offs of county workers.

Social services - indigent care, clinics, etc. are on the block. They will get the axe

...But at least they will have a brand new state of the are football stadium. . . :wacko: