Only a sprained Wang

I am amazed by the fascination with this guy (besides his name i mean).

Didn't look like a whole lot to me at the open practice and I mean physically as well as in the drills.

Doesn't mean he won't develop into something someday, but why all the interest now?

Name, Name, Name, Chinese, Chinese, Chinese, Name, Name, Name

Tell me you weren't one of the kids laughing at dick jokes and still get a chuckle when you hear names like Dick Trickle.

Besides, I would rather laugh about my team than cry.

Name, Name, Name, Chinese, Chinese, Chinese, Name, Name, Name

Tell me you weren't one of the kids laughing at dick jokes and still get a chuckle when you hear names like Dick Trickle.

Besides, I would rather laugh about my team than cry.

Like I said, I understand having fun with the name.

Just wonder what people see in him as a Bill is all because I don't see much so far to get excited about.

(yeah yeah, excited wang ...)

My gut says that Meredith will be our starting LT before the season begins. Unless we sign a vet or a 3-4 year second tier starter. Bell IMHO isn't aggressive enough and Wang is a project.

It's hard to see what everyone's rigid fascination is, really.

They're only hoping for some stiff competition at the LT spot for a change. Hearing about an injury like this just blows.

Not to be a gloomy gus or anything but a high ankle sprain can take any where from 3 weeks to 6 months to heal if it is a bad one. Wasn't that what Sam Cowart had years ago?

Cowart might have had a high ankle sprain. But the injury most people associate with Cowart's career was the ruptured achilles tendon injury.

He came back from it but he was not the same player.

Didn't look like a whole lot to me at the open practice and I mean physically as well as in the drills.

Doesn't mean he won't develop into something someday, but why all the interest now?

any player who comes in to play left tackle will get tons of interest because for the second straight year we do not have one

Wang just in case no one knows would be pronounced Wong in China but not in the US. That might actually make it funnier. Just my two Baht.

I was hoping we would try to get NOs extra LT. A lot can still happen we'll see.

did you ever see him play in collage?

Pat Kirwin loved the pick and then went back and watched all the tape from last year and came back even more impressed.

the kid is an expiranced LT who played a lot for one of the best programs in the country. he is very technically sound and as kirwin and many scouts agreed he is rarly if ever out of position or misses assignments and you diss him. good players fall for what ever reason. marcus mcneil for one it happens.

in fact kirwin,ryan and many scouts all said they would not be surprised if he was buffalo's starting RT this year.

the kid has tons of upside why anyone would diss him is beyond me.

I agree. I've watched all the film I could of Wang and he's not impressed me all that much. I've yet to see him bury a defender in the run game. Pretty good feet for a big guy, but man is he ever a project.

bulls sh-t!

i'll take Nix's , kirwin and ryans opinion of his talent and play over yours!

I agree. I've watched all the film I could of Wang and he's not impressed me all that much. I've yet to see him bury a defender in the run game. Pretty good feet for a big guy, but man is he ever a project.

bulls sh-t!

i'll take Nix's , kirwin and ryans opinion of his talent and play over yours!

Just caught this on rotoworld.....

Bills coach Chan Gailey said Wednesday that rookie OT Ed Wang's high ankle sprain was not as serious as initially believed.

"His injury was not as serious as maybe we had first thought," Gailey said "(Wang) has a chance to be back by the last minicamp." This is good news for a Bills team working with perhaps the worst offensive line in the league.

Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernew...t=NFL&rwr=1