Aaron Schobel

He already said flat out that he does not wish to be traded, and that if he plays it will be with the Bills. I have no idea what he said that, or why he would say that but he did. He's a strange bird. He probably could retire unlike other guys who simply can't. I just don't think he will. He would have done it already.

I don't believe him. He has only been a 4-3 DE and now that we switch to the 3-4 he only wants to play here?

I think he has his eye on Houston, or New Orleans. I'm tired of letting guys go without any compensation. We

need to be more like Philly and get a little compensation for good players who are on there way out of town. If he wants to retire, fine. We still hold his rights. If there is a team interested in his services, then ask for a mid round draft pick.

Who knows, maybe a teams top pass rusher in a 4-3 gets injured. Schobel is still playing at a high level.

I don't believe him. He has only been a 4-3 DE and now that we switch to the 3-4 he only wants to play here?

I think he has his eye on Houston, or New Orleans. I'm tired of letting guys go without any compensation. We

need to be more like Philly and get a little compensation for good players who are on there way out of town. If he wants to retire, fine. We still hold his rights. If there is a team interested in his services, then ask for a mid round draft pick.

Who knows, maybe a teams top pass rusher in a 4-3 gets injured. Schobel is still playing at a high level.

If you don't believe him, can you provide any kind of feasible reason whatsoever why he would come out and say that? Flat out? I couldn't think of a good reason why he would say it in the first place, unless he meant it. I can't at all think of a good reason why he would say it if he didn't mean it. It would be hurting him.

Gentlemen, I know the guy personally, and I can say that his wish is to live in Texas with his family. Playing for a southern team makes that more feasible. He has decided his wife and three children should stay in the same place all year long. He has not categorically ruled out playing for Buffalo, although he was strongly leaning toward retirement as of this winter, when he sold his house and went back to Texas.

I cannot really provide anymore information than what is publicly known about him out of respect for the man.

If you don't believe him, can you provide any kind of feasible reason whatsoever why he would come out and say that? Flat out? I couldn't think of a good reason why he would say it in the first place, unless he meant it. I can't at all think of a good reason why he would say it if he didn't mean it. It would be hurting him.

No real proof but selling his WNY home does at least suggest he wants out of Buffalo

Bret Favre finally forced Green Bay to trade him. I'm sure Favre would have preferred

to have been released, then he could have gone to the Vikings directly, without having to

spend time with the Jets. Green bay refused to cut him or trade him to the Vikings. I just

don't think Schobel is ready to hang em up for good.

Gentlemen, I know the guy personally, and I can say that his wish is to live in Texas with his family. Playing for a southern team makes that more feasible. He has decided his wife and three children should stay in the same place all year long. He has not categorically ruled out playing for Buffalo, although he was strongly leaning toward retirement as of this winter, when he sold his house and went back to Texas.

I cannot really provide anymore information than what is publicly known about him out of respect for the man.

I believe all of that, although he also said all along that his family was going to stay in Texas whether he retired or not, and that the selling of his house had nothing to do with whether or not he was going to retire. He didn't want to uproot them.

I also believe, and would bet on it, that he thought in his head that he was going to retire. That happens to players all the time. He's likely thought that each of the last couple years when he said he may hang 'em up early. After the season, sick of losing, beat to ****, it's easy to believe these guys are saying to themselves enough is enough, why put myself through this again. I'm done.

The thing is, they just can't quit until they're forced to quit. It's like an addiction. Schobel seems like a very cool guy, and I know from people who have spoken to him that he is a strange bird. He knew that he could change his mind, that's why he told the Bills what he did. I think he's very capable of just walking away. I truly believe he wants to just stay in Texas with his family. I just don't think he's going to. I think he's going to give it one more, maybe 2-3 more tries.

My life experiences have forced me to be a very skeptical person. It is very hard for me to believe people in general, but I believe this post. It makes a great deal of sense.

I have always been high on, and appreciative of the abilities of Schobel as a DE. I think that he is vastly underrated around the league and even on this board. What I don't know is whether or not he can play a "Bryce Paup" role in a 3-4. I bow to the more knowledgeable fans on this board such as Badolbilz, Lori, R.Rich, etc.

Bryce was stronger than Schobel imo. He was taller and had much longer arms. Schobel is MUCH quicker. They both hit hard. The thing that strikes me is that Bryce DID have Bruce lining up on the other side.

Also, Schobel makes a ton of money. I do not see a certainty of Ralph being willing to pay him at this point. My guess is that he will be gone, and I don't feel good about this. Hopefully Nix will get something for him.

I think Antonio Coleman makes Chris Kelsay expendable by the end of the 2nd preseason game.. Younger, cheaper, and a better pure pass rusher. I don't know if Aaron Schobel's request to remain a Buffalo Bill is genuine, but if he realistically expects to be on the same page as the rest of the defense, he better be in by day 1 of training camp. His heart is in Texas (along with the rest of his family), but his job is in Buffalo. I wish someone knew first hand if he is currently training. If he has spent this offseason with his family, he may hurt himself trying to run around with guys who are in football shape...

The one constant about the media coverage of the Buffalo Bills is that none of the television stations nor the Buffalo News have reporters who actually go out and develop news stories.

A true reporter would have been talking with Schobel, people who know Schobel, his neighbors, his former high school coach, or doing an intensive study of his Madden ratings for the 2010 season (if Madden has him in ... he's in).

Time after time the Buffalo media just sits back to see what Chris Brown reports from the inside before they add a spin or two and give us their story.

Whether it's a story about Lynch or Schobel or any other player or coach ... it would be great to have someone work a story.

I won't even suggest that either radio station has anyone with even a slight skill in reporting ... they are too busy making up their lists or talking about their video games. :thumbsup:

Well, first he is a fan favorite in Buffalo, right? I pose that question because I am not, nor have ever been to Buffalo. But, he seems to be a fan favorite, from an outsiders prospective. Therefore, IMO he wouldn't want to ruin that respect from the fans. If he just came out and said that he wanted to play for a contender he would have been roasted on this sight for sure, as well as in public.

Second, his actions speak louder than words. He hasn't shown up for ANYTHING yet. I know it is all voluntary but still, he hasn't shown up. Nor has he said anything. He hasn't spoke with Buddy Nix, or Chan Gailey, that we know of. That leads me to believe that he is either retiring or trying to get Buffalo to trade or release him. Either way, I don't think he wants to be on this team.

My personal feeling is that he's trying to get released/traded/etc to a team that's more convenient for him.

Taking him at his word, then he doesn't have it in him to play another season and will likely retire.

Kelly and Bill, thank you for your credulity. I was his next door neighbor. I will do an Aaron Schobel tell all as soon as he is not with the team, but I cant say anything that could reflect poorly on him while he is here, even if what I would say would be an unsubstantiated rumor.

He is a strange bird. He is a very quiet man, secretive even. He struggles with dyslexia. Frustration was a large part of his decision. He is a very intelligent man, and doubtlessly has all the angles of his career moves covered.

Kelly and Bill, thank you for your credulity. I was his next door neighbor. I will do an Aaron Schoebel tell all as soon as he is not with the team, but I cant say anything that could reflect poorly on him while he is here, even if what I would say would be an unsubstantiated rumor.

He is a strange bird. He is a very quiet man, secretive even. He struggles with dyslexia. Frustration was a large part of his decision.

Thanks for the insight! I hope he comes back and quitely, and secretively gets 12 sacks this year.....