Your drink of choice

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone likes their own brand, and I really dig my homebrew. I bought the Tripel style kit from Brewferm company. For 17 dollars I made three gallons of beer that tasted very similar to Chimay tripel, which costs seven bucks a liter.

I bought a bucket from lowes with an airlock and put it in a garbage pail with another bucket that I heated to the desired temperature. After a week, I bottled. Six months later, I had 9% rocket fuel that everyone loved.

I have made several batches of light ales since. Homebrewing really is the way to go.

I also like Ellicott blueberry wheat with 1.5oz of schweppes green tea ginger ale and a shot of brandy/cognac/armagnac. It gets the girls bombed. They have no idea the fruity, spicy, delicous drink in their hand is 11% alcohol.

BEER! My tastes vary. My favorites are harp and McSorleys. I used to drink Guinness till the first time I went to Ireland and discovered what it really is supposed to taste like. I like Bass and New Castle too. I drink LaBatts on game day. Currently I'm having a Corona. I can deal with domestic swill except budweiser. I think of all the times I've ever thrown up from drinking (which is not all that many) Bud was responsible 95% of the time. And yes I know Mcsorleys is domestic I just don't consider it swill.....obviously I like Amstel...........pretty much any beer will do!

My tastes vary, as well. HUGE IPA fan though, especially the Imperials. Love most of what Dogfishhead and Stone brew. Also a big fan of Avery's Maharaja. Unfortunately, on moving to Houston I've found a general lack of good beer on tap at a lot of places, so now I just drink my tears... especially on game day.

One of my favorite KITH sketches. The blenders and the umbrellas. Classic!

EDIT: Look what I found:

Ha ha, haven't seen that in 20+ years, but I would have sworn there was a part when they have a intervention, he denies being a "Girl drink drunk" they say oh yeah opened his closet door and thousands of little umbrellas tumble out- I guess I'll have to stop drinking or start writing sitcoms

I usually have a drink in my hand when I post. Formerly wingt98. *changes without notice*. I'm sure a good number of you have a drink as well. So yes this is kinda off topic.

Just wondering what is all your (hard core Bills Fans) drinky of choice as you contribute to this board? (if u are not a drinker then u can state your non-alcoholic drink of choice) but it's not as much fun.

Just out of curiosity what's my Bills brethren (and as one person said before "Sisteren") drinks of choice as we follow our Bills??

Go Bills!!!

Labatt Blue

Just hanging out - Sam Adam's Seasonal (favs are Oktoberfest and Summer Ale)

Tailgating - Coors Light. The vented wide mouth makes playing beerball (the game not the poster) easier. High Life Light comes in second.

Have you tried Sam's newest 'Stock'? 9.2%. You need a liquor license to buy it. My fav pub brought it in a couple weeks ago and can't keep up with the demand.

Personally, it's too sweet for me, while being VERY heavy bodied.

Usually Stella - My Fav!

Right now I have a European Blonde in the Kegerator, but I am drinking a Blue.

Double crown and coke is also a regular

Tailgating I tend to drink Corona, it's dirt cheap at Wegman's (compared to here in Canada) and I can drink it all day without getting too full.

Great topic....i'm having a Rogue Dead Guy....when I get off of work in a few hours.....

my other choices.....

Rogue Hazelnut Brown Ale

Stone IPA

Ninkasi Total Domination IPA

4 Peaks Hop-Knot

Panty Dropper Ale (brewed by a female brewer here in Hillsboro, OR...an excellent, well balanced IPA)

Stone Arrogant Bastard

Yeungling Porter

the list goes on, really....

The Rise of the not-so-Micro Brews!!!

Everyone likes their own brand, and I really dig my homebrew. I bought the Tripel style kit from Brewferm company. For 17 dollars I made three gallons of beer that tasted very similar to Chimay tripel, which costs seven bucks a liter.

I bought a bucket from lowes with an airlock and put it in a garbage pail with another bucket that I heated to the desired temperature. After a week, I bottled. Six months later, I had 9% rocket fuel that everyone loved.

I have made several batches of light ales since. Homebrewing really is the way to go.

I also like Ellicott blueberry wheat with 1.5oz of schweppes green tea ginger ale and a shot of brandy/cognac/armagnac. It gets the girls bombed. They have no idea the fruity, spicy, delicous drink in their hand is 11% alcohol.

YES, as Charlie Papazian says "Your own brew will be the best beer you'll ever drink"

I brew as well, just haven't done it in a while. I am currently workin/living in Beer Heaven, USA....aka Oregon....so no need to brew when some of the best beers in the country are on tap or on sale just a bike ride away.

:thumbsup:

Ha ha, haven't seen that in 20+ years, but I would have sworn there was a part when they have a intervention, he denies being a "Girl drink drunk" they say oh yeah opened his closet door and thousands of little umbrellas tumble out- I guess I'll have to stop drinking or start writing sitcoms

Actually I thought so, too.

I'm a big fan of nearly all things Harpoon - LOVE their Celtic Ale; too bad it's seasonal. (Sittin' on a bit of a stash, though...) I dig their U.F.O. (Unfiltered Offering) wheat and Crystal Wheat in summer. Island Creek Oyster Stout (100 Barrel Series) was fantastic!

Liquor - Me an' the boys are Crown Royal nuts. Do yourselves a favor and try the new Crown Royal Black - delicious!

Thanks for askin'! Fun and informative post!

Have a variety of alcohol beverages that I enjoy drinking at home. Right now I happen to have a glass of Cabernet Savignon in my hand. When it's beer I am first and foremost a Guinness man, but also enjoy assorted bocks, stouts, and creams. I happen to have some Sam Adams Blacks and Irish Reds chilling in the fridge right now, and they're delicious, too. Not at all a fan of the IPA's, though. To me they taste like formaldehyde, but to each his own.

Busch beer in a can......