Recommendation on Hotel In San Fran

Hardy Pyle

Thinking of flying down over Christmas, looking at staying in Union Square. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Something nice, romantic and affordable!

Also, how hard would it be to get tickets to the Bills vs SF game. I'm thinking we could get some scalped tickets. But I thought I'd check.

Thanks guys!

Thinking of flying down over Christmas, looking at staying in Union Square. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Something nice, romantic and affordable!

Also, how hard would it be to get tickets to the Bills vs SF game. I'm thinking we could get some scalped tickets. But I thought I'd check.

Thanks guys!

141101[/snapback]

Hardy, if you're looking for something special that's not to expensive, do a travel search for Bed and Breakfasts in San Francisco. There are a few there and they are pretty awesome. It's been a while since I've been to one, so I apologize for not being able to recommend anything.

Hardy, if you're looking for something special that's not to expensive, do a travel search for Bed and Breakfasts in San Francisco. There are a few there and they are pretty awesome. It's been a while since I've been to one, so I apologize for not being able to recommend anything.

141107[/snapback]

Yeah, we spent most of our time in SF at the Orange Dog Manor. Basically it's an apartment. It's not exactly where you were looking (Parnassus area, walking distance from Golden Gate Park and Haight Ashbury), but it's a nice place, near a couple of bus stops (the mass transit, while confusing at times, is not bad in SF).

I'll assume you aren't a veteran, so we can leave the Marine Memorial out. For those who serve or served it is the best deal in SF. Great location and very reasonable!

The Mark Hopkins is very nice--Nob Hill

The Argent is very classy

Not sure what you're looking for, but there's a couple.

You could just break the law and go to jail. Its a free night with a roof over your head, and in SF, not one inmate will rape you.

141193[/snapback]

I'll look into a few things and send you a pm a little later. There are many good hotels in the Union Sq. area. That is where I would stay if I came to town because it's a great time of year to be down there. The stadium will be easy to get to as well. I will get you in touch with some people and the North Star crowd that will be around here for the game. I'll be in Buffalo. They should be able to help with tickets. Given the state of the Niners, tickets should be easy to come by.

I'll assume you aren't a veteran, so we can leave the Marine Memorial out.  For those who serve or served it is the best deal in SF.  Great location and very reasonable!

The Mark Hopkins is very nice--Nob Hill

The Argent is very classy

Not sure what you're looking for, but there's a couple.

141180[/snapback]

I second the Mark Hopkins, also the Fairmont. You may get a deal using the priceline.com, etc websites.