Some interesting player observations from OTAs

I am just happy to see Trent get involved. He seems to be stepping up, and making the effort to be the guy. He must have gotten his balls back from his sister.

Then again, this is just practice. Let's see what happens when they put the pads on and start hitting at full speed.

Every year thats all we hear from the offseason, camp and practice...how Trent is ready, how this offense is going to make a big leap, how Trent is taking command of the offense...then game time comes and he becomes a deer in headlights and checks down the second he sees a pass rush rather than step up and deliver a strike somewhere on the field.

I hope Trent, or some other QB on this roster can step up and be the guy this year, but him having confidence in the OTA's trying to win the teams support back doesnt erase the dozens of things he does wrong every Sunday...I mean one could genuinely make a case for him being in the bottom 3 of all NFL starters in terms of field vision and pocket presence. Until he fixes that, he could be the most confident on the planet and he will still blow come game time...

In fact, the very next section of the article starts off saying that no one QB has seperated himself from the others...that means his play has been on par with a journeyman backup in Fitz, a guy who has barely played in Brohm, and a 7th round draft pick rookie...hmmm

So, before we all get too excited. lets at least wait until he can show it on the field...

<_<

Glad to hear ML finally showed up.

ML didnt show up. CB said; the only new notable absentee is Shawn Nelson for today. I.e. situation unchanged from previous OTA's plus Shawn Nelson.

Thanks for the link my round receptacle of beer... I think my favorite quote of the day came from Corny Green:

“Trent is ready man, Trent is ready to go,” said Green after Tuesday’s practice. “He’s talking to us every day. We’re amongst him every day. We’re just trying to jell right now.”

Corny went on to say... "Just his confidence man,” said Green. “He’s confident with what he wants to do. He wants to lead a team. He’s had some years in the league and he just wants to be able to get this team past that point of just being a good team and getting to the playoffs. He works with us every day. We eat breakfast together. We’re chatting with him so I’m looking forward to working with him.”

The rest of the NFL best beware... Trent is no longer happy with us being just another good team... we're takin it to the next level!

Please oh please let him stay healthy this season..... <_<

Geez I thought you got to see OTAs and had something to report- but no a Chris Brown rehash, Chris Brown who's level of propaganda makes the North Koreans bow and weep in respect and jealousy.

love you too bob

Guest dog14787
Every year thats all we hear from the offseason, camp and practice...how Trent is ready, how this offense is going to make a big leap, how Trent is taking command of the offense...then game time comes and he becomes a deer in headlights and checks down the second he sees a pass rush rather than step up and deliver a strike somewhere on the field.

I hope Trent, or some other QB on this roster can step up and be the guy this year, but him having confidence in the OTA's trying to win the teams support back doesnt erase the dozens of things he does wrong every Sunday...I mean one could genuinely make a case for him being in the bottom 3 of all NFL starters in terms of field vision and pocket presence. Until he fixes that, he could be the most confident on the planet and he will still blow come game time...

In fact, the very next section of the article starts off saying that no one QB has seperated himself from the others...that means his play has been on par with a journeyman backup in Fitz, a guy who has barely played in Brohm, and a 7th round draft pick rookie...hmmm

So, before we all get too excited. lets at least wait until he can show it on the field...

What has me really intrigued is not so much the QB play up to this point , but our HC Chan Gailey. The guy means business and one way or ther other he's going to get production out of the QB position this season regardless of who starts.

Listening to Gailey talk and answer questions is like a breath of fresh air. <_<

my fav part:

i heard the previous regime say several time they didnt like roscoes route running. granted that regime doesnt have much offensive credibility, but IF they were right and IF roscoe has dedicated himself to learning how to run good routes, as an effective slot receiver he could really make the offense dangerous

He is a good player during the week. Too bad our games are on Sundays.