Per PFT, Lendale White to be released

Wondering why Seattle recently traded for and then cut a player is a very good question.

My guess would be that it had something to do with Pete Carroll thinking he could get more out of one of his former USC players...

As far as them looking at Marshawn, I guess its still possible but not likely... Justin Forsett has a lot of talent and they still have Julius Jones and Leon Washington and some great talent at FB...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey somebody above said they had issued the release notice but then retracted it. I did find another link to go with yours; Link

Wow Seattle spent a fourth and sixth for him and Kevin Vickerson. Vickerson is almost worthless so they gave up fourth rounder for nothing it seems. Looks like Pete Carroll is back to his stupid way of running an NFL franchise.

I wonder if Seattle has any o-linemen they would like to trade?

Sean Locklear is a decent LT and good RT, but I don't think they would trade him. Locklear is the only tackle they have worth trading Marshawn for (besides Okung, but he isn't going anywhere).

Sean Locklear is a decent LT and good RT, but I don't think they would trade him. Locklear is the only tackle they have worth trading Marshawn for (besides Okung, but he isn't going anywhere).

This does seem to bode well for a Lynch trade.

Last year's Scouts Inc. scouting report for Locklear:

Grade: 71 | Key

Comment: Locklear is an experienced starting RT who is versatile enough to play LT in a pinch but is best suited and more comfortable playing on the right side. He is a good overall athlete who has good size and strength. He plays under control and uses good technique both in pass protection and the run game. He has good initial quickness and can seal the corner quickly with his ability to gain position and swing his hips quickly off the ball. He plays under control and does a good job reworking his feet to sustain angles or pick up the extra defender. He has quick feet in pass protection and is comfortable sliding up field showing good balance and use of hands. He can take away angles with his footwork and knows how to rework his hands to steer or punch. Locklear is not an overly powerful player but his foot quickness and good use of technique make him a consistent and reliable player as the starting RT. .

Yep... Lynch is one errant fart away from another league suspension. Hard to think that SEA is looking at him. But we never know...

Yup...with Lynch on thin ice already and the fact they acquired Leon Washington to a RB corp of Forsett and Jones, I just dont see them forking out a 2nd rounder for Lynch and apparently we already said no to their 3rd...not to mention they already gave up a 4th for Lendale who they just cut...

As far as them looking at Marshawn, I guess its still possible but not likely... Justin Forsett has a lot of talent and they still have Julius Jones and Leon Washington and some great talent at FB...

If I had to choose, I'd take Forsett over Lynch by a country mile.

(that's the first time I've used the phrase "country mile," and I think I like it.)

PFT reports, "A league source tells us it "looks like" White will indeed be released."

Wonder if this opens the door for a Lynch trade? I believe it was reported Seattle offered a 3rd for him. I don't think he was at OTA's. Why would Seattle trade for White and suddenly release him?

because he was just suspended for the first 4 games of this season,most likely drug related. man how these guys could let drugs ruin their million dollar checks is beyond my imagination.

what a total idiot he just got traded and yesterday i read where he was going to be their starting back and how he had lost so much weight and was in great shape and he blows it all just amaizing!

getting back to Lynch maybe now the seahawks would be very interested in Lynch to bad they dont have a LT to offer the bills but if they caved and gave us their second round pick that would be incredible and i think the bills would jump on that in a heartbeat.

Just had on the local news here in LA that Seattle mistakenly issued a press release stating White had been released, then retracted it LOL

EDIT: Now official http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...938&id=3637

Further down on the same page:

May 25, 2010 ESPN.com's Mike Sando has LenDale White as the "early choice" to start at running back in Seattle.

Sando is a former Seahawks beat reporter, so he's a trustworthy voice on the team's backfield. Sando also acknowledges that Julius Jones' roster spot is "somewhat tenuous." We expect White and Justin Forsett to see the majority of the touches this year.

:pirate::lol:

(that's the first time I've used the phrase "country mile," and I think I like it.)

I like it, too. It's now a pleasant, quaint colloquialism. Its' original usage has long dissolved away.

Wow Seattle spent a fourth and sixth for him and Kevin Vickerson. Vickerson is almost worthless so they gave up fourth rounder for nothing it seems. Looks like Pete Carroll is back to his stupid way of running an NFL franchise.

Seattle did not spend a fourth and sixth round pick on White and Vickerson, lets get that straight. They flip flopped their fourth and sixth round picks for the Titans fourth and sixth round picks plus White and Vickerson so the trade wasnt anywhere near as meaningful as most here are making it out to be

Yep... Lynch is one errant fart away from another league suspension. Hard to think that SEA is looking at him. But we never know...

it was widely reported Seattle was interested in trading for Lynch during the draft and it was recently reported they offered a 3rd round pick for him so why exactly is it hard to think Seattle would look at him?

Well I declare I haven't seen hide nor hair of that expression 'round these parts in a blue moon. Have to say I'm taking a shine to it, if I say so myself.

it was widely reported Seattle was interested in trading for Lynch during the draft and it was recently reported they offered a 3rd round pick for him so why exactly is it hard to think Seattle would look at him?

I would have taken that prospective deal in a heartbeat. One LT I see the Bills interested in is Jammal Brown. The big question mark with him is his health. The Saints drafted LT Charles Brown for USC in the second round. In addition, they have a young LT in Bushrod who got a lot of playing time last year. If JB is available and healthy he would be a terrific pickup who would help solidify the line.

in my opinion the Bills trading for a LT is tied to their ability to trade and get equal value for Lynch basically making it an indirect trade of Lynch for a LT

although i would prefer the Bills trade and get value for Lynch I am not opposed to them keeping him either...he doesnt cost much and is a proven talent in the league

i hated the thinking of the past regime of only keeping 2 RBs on the roster

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????.

I like Forsett but i disagree with that

My guess is that he failed a drug test for weed. He has recently lost a large amount of weight, and THC metabolites are stored in fat cells. It's not unreasonable to think that because of losing all that weight his body was flooded with them.

That's funny because everytime I smoke that hippie lettuce I want to eat food.