Whitner calls Jauron's team soft compared for Gailey ( Per Nick Me

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i knew that the day they wrote about Chan cleaning out like 15 flat screens from the weight room in his first week. i think marv saw in jauron what he had in himself only difference is marv was blessed with a self-motivating group chosen by one of the best gms in football

don't care till we see it on the field...Greggo was tough and that didn't mean squat

People read tooo much into that. Youre right. I forget who it was, the pats or steelers who have the coziest workout rooms in the league, and theyve won multiple super bowls recently.

Sometimes i think its just that blue collar sense Buffalo fans attribute to every problem.

Jauron's teams soft? There's news.

They were soft because the offensive and defensive lines were among the least talented in the league over the last 10 years.

Taking TV's out of the weight room? Maybe there will be more inter-player communication in the weight room, but that really doesn't do much

i knew that the day they wrote about Chan cleaning out like 15 flat screens from the weight room in his first week. i think marv saw in jauron what he had in himself only difference is marv was blessed with a self-motivating group chosen by one of the best gms in football

This is an excellent point. You can't treat every individual or every group of people as if they are the same. You have to read the person or group and determine how they are to be treated/motivated.

don't care till we see it on the field...Greggo was tough and that didn't mean squat

Greggo was tough? Stylistically, maybe. I would say that there is a difference between acting tough and actually being tough. And I would bet that most pro athletes can tell the difference.

But while I question how tough Gregg Williams actually is, I agree with your point. For a head coach, toughness isn't everything. Rod Marinelli is unquestionably a tough guy who couldn't be a head coach. Les Steckel…lots of examples.

People read tooo much into that. Youre right. I forget who it was, the pats or steelers who have the coziest workout rooms in the league, and theyve won multiple super bowls recently.

Sometimes i think its just that blue collar sense Buffalo fans attribute to every problem.

I understand your point. However the question put to Whitner and his response were very vague. There was no context given.

Were they talking about strength and conditioning? It seems they were, and a compelling argument can be made that the Bills under Jauron were soft and that this softness had a major impact on their ability to win football games.

So I wouldn't poo poo these comments as lacking in significance.

Our last three coaches were all posers. Three different types, but still all posers none the less. Malarkey was like a cardboard cutout. He looked like a head coach and said all the right things, but he had no depth at all. Greggo clearly acted like a guy pretending to be somebody else (Buddy Ryan?) and failing miserably in his attempt. Jauron was a guy who was all talk with absolutely no accountability in place to back it up. Players can smell when a head coach doesn't have the authenticity to be a head coach.

Gailey strikes me as the first authentic NFL head coach we've had since Wade.

um donte.... less talk, more win. it's be great if you'd shut yer yap until this team is about 5 games over .500.

When reporters are wandering around the locker room and ask Donte a question, what do you specifically want him to do?

Decline comment completely? Just curious.

The Bills were soft during Jauron's time. The Bills were never prepared to start the season and lead the league 2 out of 3 years in injuries. Last year, The Dick had 12 days of OTA and 3 mini-camp days, this year Gailey has 15 OTA days and 6 mini-camp days. It's nice to see Cooter working these guys instead of trying to be their BFF.

The Bills were soft during Jauron's time. The Bills were never prepared to start the season and lead the league 2 out of 3 years in injuries. Last year, The Dick had 12 days of OTA and 3 mini-camp days, this year Gailey has 15 OTA days and 6 mini-camp days. It's nice to see Cooter working these guys instead of trying to be their BFF.

I will never defend Jauron but I think new coaches are allowed more off-season practices.