NJ/NY Super Bowl

Weather has been part of football since it's invention. Fumbles/Ints/Missed fg's/missed blocks/sacks happen whether it's rain/snow/wind/sunshine/hail/sleet/hot/cold etc etc. If you dislike weather so much please stop watching The NFL. As someone who lives 8 miles from giant stadium I think it's pretty damn cool.

If you want to discuss something, at least be reasonable! I have friends who do not go to "live" NFL games because of drunken fans, crowds in general, profanity, traffic jams, etc.

These same fans love watching the NFL on their 51" plasma TV at home with friends!

I try to go to every opening day in Buffalo and one snow game. The only weather I HATE is 33 degrees and pouring rain!

I would love a SB in Buffalo to bring some $$ to the area. Moving a December game against Miami in December to a dome in Toronto really ticks me off, but it is not my call.

Should I switch to hockey? :rolleyes:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like the idea of cycling it around to all NFL cities on a rotating basis.

I just got around to thinking about this a little. It does sound like the fairest thing to do. But can you imagine a city like Buffalo hosting a superbowl in January?

The superbowl is more of an event than a football game anymore. Attended by people of means who can afford to go party for a week and pay stupid prices for tickets (if they even bother going to the game). I can see two nightmare scenarios:

1) The people with means google Buffalo in January and decide to take a pass. No one shows up to party, the Ralph is filled with Bills fans watching 2 other teams play in a white-out and not giving a **** about either team. The whole event never gets off the ground and Buffalo is a laughing stock.

2) The people do show up, but need to stay in hotels as far away as Syracuse or Toronto because there aren't nearly enough 4 or 5 star rooms in Buffalo. And they spend all week bitching to each other and the media about how Buffalo is not capable of hosting this event, how there is no nightlife, the weather blows, etc. etc. and Buffalo again is a laughing stock.

No matter how much you love the B-Lo, can anyone honestly say Buffalo is capable of hosting something like the superbowl?

I just got around to thinking about this a little. It does sound like the fairest thing to do. But can you imagine a city like Buffalo hosting a superbowl in January?

The superbowl is more of an event than a football game anymore. Attended by people of means who can afford to go party for a week and pay stupid prices for tickets (if they even bother going to the game). I can see two nightmare scenarios:

1) The people with means google Buffalo in January and decide to take a pass. No one shows up to party, the Ralph is filled with Bills fans watching 2 other teams play in a white-out and not giving a **** about either team. The whole event never gets off the ground and Buffalo is a laughing stock.

2) The people do show up, but need to stay in hotels as far away as Syracuse or Toronto because there aren't nearly enough 4 or 5 star rooms in Buffalo. And they spend all week bitching to each other and the media about how Buffalo is not capable of hosting this event, how there is no nightlife, the weather blows, etc. etc. and Buffalo again is a laughing stock.

No matter how much you love the B-Lo, can anyone honestly say Buffalo is capable of hosting something like the superbowl?

Maybe the Bass Pro Fish Off. But who in their right mind is going to want to pay the astronimical ticket prices for the Super Bowl only to spend 3-4 hours sitting in a snow storm. This could mess up the game in NY just as badly as Buffalo.

It will never happen--there are not enough Microtels and Holiday Inn Expresses to house all the SB visitors.

As for surprise that Golic (or any player would be against a SB in bad weather--why is this surprising? Sure the Conf Champ. games may (or likely not) be played in tough weather, but no one cares who wins the CC. But if you do and your team spends 2 weeks palnning for the SB opponent, you want perfect weather conditions as a baseline. Why would any SB team want to get to that point and have the game decided by really bad weather? I bet the coaches would have voted this down in a blink.

Interesting point. A different take on my #1 scenario above. Not a fiasco at all, but a victory for real football fans.

Not sure I agree with him completely, but a interesting point of view.

Are real football fans only those who watch "football the way it's supposed to be played" (in the snow??)?

Does this guy really think, "your average joe" is going to fill that stadium on SB sunday? Here's a hint for the guy from Cincy--the average Joe can't even go to the regular season games in that place.

Hmmmmm.....celebrities won't be heading to the game? Not even those few who live in that little town across the Hudson?

GHow many games in any season are played in the snow---anywhere? So why is this guy opining that this is the way football is meant to be played? This would come as a surprise to the majority of the country not from the northeast or midwest---especially places like Fla, Cali, Texas, Louisiana, Georgia---you know, the places where all the football players come from and where the best college teams in the country are located.

This will be the last cold weather SB in our lifetime.