This team is going to be better than most think

i have heard enough from you fake Bills fans.....we are a very much improved football team....also wildcard weekend will see our red white and blue uniforms looking pretty darn good. go BUFFALO.....

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sick of all of these doom and gloom threads. Where do you guys get this stuff? The Coaching HAS to be better than the crap we have had the last 3 years ESP last year.

We should have beat NE and played them tough twice! A handfull of games decided by a total of something like 20 points!

Enough of the gloom and doom crap and lets back Gailey and company and lets hope this team does well this year! :worthy:

Why is there such a need to create this periodic phantom enemy? Who is not happy with the upgrade in the coaching staff? Who is not behind this team? Are there critics? Of course. There has been a lot to be critical over, especially during this past dismal decade. This franchise has endured a lot of criticism because it richly deserved the criticism directed at it.

Using the argument that we should have beaten this team or that team is utter foolishness. You are rationalizing our manifold losses when you use such odd reasoning. You either win or lose. It is as simple as that. If you want to use the ridiculous reasoning that a loss shouldn't count as a loss because the team almost won, then you need to count wins as losses when they fall in the almost lost category.

To say that the coaching has to be better than what we had with the prior coaching staff is an insulting compliment. You are establishing a very low standard. You are stating the obvious. The Bills had the most inept and amateurish coaching staff in the NFL under Jauron. What does it say about the caliber of our ownership and organization when a Dick Jauron caliber of coach is given an extension?

The Bills under Nix and his newly installed coaching staff have a direction and order to it that we didn't see from the chaotic Jauron/Levy stint. That is a plus in itself. But let's not get carried away here. It is a start. There is still a long way to go to merely get out of the cellar in our own division.

These with us or against topics are childish. They need to be banned for the simple reason that they add nothing useful to the conversation.

Sounds a lot like the Patriots fans in the 90's whose pathetic team wallowed in suckitude before some schlubby QB drafted in the 6th round and a head coach who had only 1 winning season in his entire career, turned them into a powerhouse.

Doesn't it?

Yeah except that Patriots coach had a Super Bowl pedigree and so did the staff that he hired. Gailey, while I don't dislike him, was fired as an OC days before the start of last season and his DC...well let's just say he's no Romeo Crennel.

These comparisons never make sense to me. Basically what you're doing is comparing the Bills current situation to the NFL's most recent dynasty. I know this is being negative, but keep dreaming.

I am so sick of all of these doom and gloom threads. Where do you guys get this stuff? The Coaching HAS to be better than the crap we have had the last 3 years ESP last year.

We should have beat NE and played them tough twice! A handfull of games decided by a total of something like 20 points!

Enough of the gloom and doom crap and lets back Gailey and company and lets hope this team does well this year! :worthy:

I agree completely with Ice... One thing we have to look forward to are the intangibles that you get when "old guard" savvy football people like Nix enter the mix and start bringing in talented, hungry, hardcore football players with a passion for playing the game. Players that have an edge and an attitude that they have something to prove. Players that force internal competition for a spot on the roster and a right to play the game they live for. When you have that kind of roster you have potential and that is exactly what Nix and coach Gailey have done. They know there is no one answer to the current quagmire that they have inherited, but the one thing they do know is that than can immediately restore passion and competition. That is a fuel to many great stories of success and the one thing that makes going into this season exciting. I am anxious to see how this plays out and would rather look at the glass as half full. Go Bills!!!

Projection = another way of saying "somebody's opinion."

"Conventional wisdom" (another great term) suggests the Bills weren't flashy enough in the offseason to dazzle the talking heads at ESPN. The reality, though, is they have completely turned the organization upside down. New staff, a (mostly) new front office, new schemes on both sides of the ball, and a significant number of new players who will see playing time.

Everyone gets hung up on the QB issue and the OL, which is understandable. The disappointing part is people are unwilling to use their own brains to evaluate the situation, and just blindly follow the "experts" and their projections. Buffalo didn't sign a "name" LT or QB, so they "ignored" their weaknesses. We live in a nation of sheep.

A reasonable evaluation would look at the history of success Gailey has had with "unproven" QBs and at least leave the door open for the possibility one or more of the QBs on the roster are capable of being successful.

Have you looked at the passing game under CG in Pitts and Miami?

Not that this is an apples to apples comparison, but look at a team like Atlanta. Sure, Matt Ryan helped matters, but the team as a whole played much better after they Patrino left and Mike Smith came in. Talent was there, just nobody knew about it because the environment was so toxic the year before. Everyone thought they had no line, etc. But suddenly they took off. With better coaching and, in theory, better management we could be decent. Is "decent" a 7-9 year with this schedule? Maybe. But I don't think we're a 1-15 team.

thats absolutely absurd Mr. ICE, why would we hope the team deos well when we could hope for them to lose every game. Then we could be in a position to throw 80 million at an unproven Qb, then watch him fail, that sound like it would be alot more fun :worthy::wallbash:

You tried to mix two entirely different topics in your response. Just because I hope the Bills win or even think they might have a chance at having a better record than last year, does not mean we don't need a franchise QB.

Are you saying that you want us to win 7, 8, or 9 games so we're not in a position to draft a top flight QB next year?

You tried to mix two entirely different topics in your response. Just because I hope the Bills win or even think they might have a chance at having a better record than last year, does not mean we don't need a franchise QB.

Are you saying that you want us to win 7, 8, or 9 games so we're not in a position to draft a top flight QB next year?

He is being sarcastic and making fun of those that want us to lose out in hopes of getting a potential 'franchise' QB

Not that this is an apples to apples comparison, but look at a team like Atlanta. Sure, Matt Ryan helped matters, but the team as a whole played much better after they Patrino left and Mike Smith came in. Talent was there, just nobody knew about it because the environment was so toxic the year before. Everyone thought they had no line, etc. But suddenly they took off. With better coaching and, in theory, better management we could be decent. Is "decent" a 7-9 year with this schedule? Maybe. But I don't think we're a 1-15 team.

Matt Ryan "helped matters"!?!? Ya think?!?! They also drafted Sam Baker, who is a very good LT, in the same draft in the 1st rd. I think that probably "helped matters" also.

This team can only have so much added in one offseason. I for one am excited to see what this new talent does under the new coaching.

The only thing I want to see is improvment this year over last. I don't care about the record. We can be 3-13 but if this team doesn't quit, and shows improvement going into next offseason where this staff now knows who will be here and who can play and who cant, then I will be happy.

I for one am giving Nix, Gailey and co 3 offseasons (including this one) to get the guys into place we need.

Matt Ryan "helped matters"!?!? Ya think?!?! They also drafted Sam Baker, who is a very good LT, in the same draft in the 1st rd. I think that probably "helped matters" also.

I know it sounds like I'm undervaluing his contribution, but living here in Atlanta and being failrly familiar with the team it was obvious to me that what REALLY made that team click was the existing players being allowed to play their game in a better environment with a better coach and with a restructured front office that included the sharp football mind of Thomas Dimitrov. I would venture to say that if another servicable QB was swapped in for Ryan that season that they still would have been much much better than their previous year's record with the same players (Baker was injured much of his rookie year if I remember correctly and therefore didn't have that much of an impact), all due to the fact that a better coach was brought in and the front office become more stable. IMO, the subtraction of Dick Jauron and the addition of a new (HOPEFULLY better) coach, along with having Nix, a football guy, making football decsions, should alone be enough for us to exceed many of the "experts" predictions. Not saying we don't need a better QB for the long haul, but under the topic "This team is going to be better than most think" I think there's relevant precedent and reason for optimism.

Fish, I will have a better attitude when this organization starts winning. For ten years we haven't won. As a result, I cannot buy into any wishful thinking, optimism, or far away dreams. I am a results orientated man and the Bills have showed me little to change my attitude. Those facts are hard to dispute You can compare all you want. It will get you no where with me.

It's a shame that you don't have some degree of optimistic anticipation at the beginning a new season. If you are so results oriented, surely you know that, "if you always do, what you always did, you always get, what you always got." Many things have changed, though I doubt those changes are enough to give you much, if any, hope.

I have no intention of changing your mind. You are perfectly entitled to whatever attitude you wish.

Me? I am always excited at the beginning of the season. I hope I never lose that.

Yeah except that Patriots coach had a Super Bowl pedigree and so did the staff that he hired. Gailey, while I don't dislike him, was fired as an OC days before the start of last season and his DC...well let's just say he's no Romeo Crennel.

These comparisons never make sense to me. Basically what you're doing is comparing the Bills current situation to the NFL's most recent dynasty. I know this is being negative, but keep dreaming.

Yeah, it is being negative. You're missing the bigger point by dissecting it to pieces. What I'm doing is saying that success has emerged from what looked like some pretty unlikely situations at the time.

It's the start of a brand new season with a bunch of what I see as positive changes to the team, and still the negativity just permeates this message board.

:worthy:

This team can only have so much added in one offseason. I for one am excited to see what this new talent does under the new coaching.

The only thing I want to see is improvment this year over last. I don't care about the record. We can be 3-13 but if this team doesn't quit, and shows improvement going into next offseason where this staff now knows who will be here and who can play and who cant, then I will be happy.

I for one am giving Nix, Gailey and co 3 offseasons (including this one) to get the guys into place we need.

This.

And 'this' is why: http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...7f-66b6d13a87b5

Scheme according to your teams talent?? What a concept!

Big things ahead!

I agree that we have improved coaching and were in alot of games last year and I am hoping for the best, however, the biggest hurdle is the schedule. I think with last years schdule we could have a wining season, with this years schedule well I just don't know.

I hope I am pleasantly surprised.

Yeah, it is being negative. You're missing the bigger point by dissecting it to pieces. What I'm doing is saying that success has emerged from what looked like some pretty unlikely situations at the time.

It's the start of a brand new season with a bunch of what I see as positive changes to the team, and still the negativity just permeates this message board.

:worthy:

No, what you see is your opinion. Your opinion is that the Bills made positive changes. I see a team who, regardless of scheme change, is the same exact team as before. No QB, no Oline, no WRs and no pass rushers. I'm sorry, but where are the positive changes again? Terrell Troupe? Carrington? A D2 all star?

The point is, we are all fans here who have different opinions. Why get excited about a team that has a WAY below average roster? Are you going to be happy with a 4-6 win season? Is Nix's plan foolproof? Don't ya think the Bills could've built this team into a contender much quicker the way the Dolphins, Jets and Falcons have over the last couple of years? (The slow rebuild route is what pisses me off more than anything!)

Sorry, but if you think the "negative" (realistic) posts are annoying, the over-the-top positive posts are just as annoying...and dilusional.

It would be less painful...But the "stupid Bills fan in me hangs onto the illogical thought that we can consistently win and be competitive." Kinda like playing the lottery and hoping your going to win.....You know your not going to win but you still play and hope...That what its like for me to be a Bills fan.

So, you're not any different than the guys posting positive things about the team?????? I understand where you're coming from, you're tired of losing. Everybody is tired, even the fans that try to spin positively every move, because that is what being a fan is all about.

This is a new management, let see what they can do before we burn them at the stake or crown them as saviors.

The Coaching HAS to be better than the crap we have had the last 3 years ESP last year.

It doesn't HAVE to be better than anything. It could very well be worse, and the smart money is on it being marginally better. Reason I say that is that you still need PLAYERS to execute a plan, and well, this team doesn't have many.