This team is going to be better than most think

I am so sick of all of these doom and gloom threads. Where do you guys get this stuff? The Coaching HAS to be better than the crap we have had the last 3 years ESP last year.

We should have beat NE and played them tough twice! A handfull of games decided by a total of something like 20 points!

Enough of the gloom and doom crap and lets back Gailey and company and lets hope this team does well this year! :thumbsup:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sick of all of these doom and gloom threads. Where do you guys get this stuff? The Coaching HAS to be better than the crap we have had the last 3 years ESP last year.

We should have beat NE and played them tough twice! A handfull of games decided by a total of something like 20 points!

Enough of the gloom and doom crap and lets back Gailey and company and lets hope this team does well this year! :thumbsup:

I agree... We had Dick Jauron as our coach for crying out loud. I have more faith in Gailey and Nix.

thats absolutely absurd Mr. ICE, why would we hope the team deos well when we could hope for them to lose every game. Then we could be in a position to throw 80 million at an unproven Qb, then watch him fail, that sound like it would be alot more fun :ph34r::wallbash:

Guest dog14787

:ph34r:

:ph34r::wallbash:

I agree, but you're talking to a lot of negative nancy's out there. These are the same people that would complain even if the Bills won a superbowl: "Yeah the Bills won the superbowl, but..."

thats absolutely absurd Mr. ICE, why would we hope the team deos well when we could hope for them to lose every game. Then we could be in a position to throw 80 million at an unproven Qb, then watch him fail, that sound like it would be alot more fun :thumbsup::ph34r:

LOL CB

The coaching has to be better than Wade, oops I mean Williams, oops I mean Marlarky, oops I mean Juaron- you are totally wrong we should be strait doom and gloom then if the Bills do anything positive we will be pleasantly surprised- if the more likely result happens and they crap the bed at least we will be well fortified, myself by hard drink.

Honestly I think the Bills will be 7-9 BUT the D will be good and some guys will emerge on the offense. All in all we are rebuilding but our D is going to be a bright spot to this team. Last year we had a good secondary and this year we have invested a lot in free agency and the draft to try and get the run D to improve. So even if we are just OK at stopping the run I think we have a good D which alone can win us some games.

Now the offense is cause for concern.

I expect something in the 7-9 range, maybe 8-8, for this team. The following has already been said a few hundred times, but I agree with the thinking.

Defensively, the Bills are going with a completely different scheme. This will certainly cause problems as the players learn it. Also, although they have some 3-4 players now, they need more and better. That will take another year of the draft and free agency. I think they will be better at stopping the run, but I worry about a pass rush, and I worry about the OLBs in coverage.

Offensively, I think they will run the ball better this year. The O-line will be better but not good. Again, here, the Bills need to draft or trade for a LT next year (maybe this year). The same goes for QB unless someone on the team really steps up, the Bills will need to draft a good one next year. WR is another potential trouble spot. Frankly, I’m not sold on any of the Bills wideouts.

Special Teams should be good again. They have a great punter and great return men, too. Block and tackle well, and they should be okay.

For me, that all adds up to 7-9. Now next year, with another draft and a year of learning the schemes, the Bills could be looking at the playoffs then.

Agreed. And if one of you doom and gloomers want to crap on Ice's post, please step-up your game and stop using any G'damn references to Kool Aid. Get creative with your bitching for a change!

This team is not going to win 1 or 2 games....they have too much talent for that to happen.

If they get decent play out of their QB (whomever he is) they could very easily win 8 games this season and with a few breaks 9 or 10. This is a league in which the haves and have nots aren't separated by very much. A couple of early season breaks the right way, some better luck with injuries, and the emergence of a quarterback could have them competitive.

Expectations are not high, so let's see what happens. This could be a fun year.

Reasons for optimism...

We had a rookie OC last year who was unqualified for the job. Gailey will have the offensive players better prepared and will do a better job scheming and play-calling.

We didn't have a QB Coach last year when we our QBs obviously needed one-on-one coaching. The QBs will receive individual and small-group attention this year.

We led the league in injuries 2 of the last 3 years (if I'm not mistaken). With two new S&C coaches, we'll get stronger and faster - and keep more players off IR!

Switching to the 3-4 will make our run defense better (even though we might not be ideally manned for it) while not hurting our already good secondary.

Our rookie guards will be better this year, as will Bell.

Gailey will mold this team into a tougher unit, both mentally and physically.

Spiller will put up some points.

I don't expect playoffs. But we'll make Peter King eat some crow.

Enough of the gloom and doom crap and lets back Gailey and company and lets hope this team does well this year! :worthy:

What is better? 8 or 9 wins? do you really believe this team can win a championship without some serious upgrades at key positions? Hate to say it but 3-13 to me is better that 6-10 at least you have a chance in the draft to fix some of the past mistakes and get a freaking QB already!!!!

What is better? 8 or 9 wins? do you really believe this team can win a championship without some serious upgrades at key positions? Hate to say it but 3-13 to me is better that 6-10 at least you have a chance in the draft to fix some of the past mistakes and get a freaking QB already!!!!

:worthy: