JAKE LOCKER 2011, Lets start the campaign now

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To tout Locker, Mallet or any number of QB's is a joke.

At this point in 2009 people were head-over-heels about the likes of Jevan Snead and a few other guys that fell off the face of the Earth. Let this season play out and let's see if Locker, Mallet, Luck or any of these other guys can actually win a few games and look like NFL-ready QB's.

Because last time I checked, neither had accomplished anything worth the hype.

I know there will be some other strong arm QBs in the draft for 2011 but Jake Locker looks like THE guy. I don't know how badly we will stink up the joint next year but we should pull a Mike Ditka and give up as much as we have to to get Jake Locker. The kid has it all. The arm, the size, the mobility, played in bad weather, played with a bad offensive line. How much more perfect could a rookie QB candidate be for our Bills?

Sell the farm buddy! Get Jake Locker....long time listener first time caller but......GIT 'ER DONE BUDDY!!!!!!

Aha. Everybody thinks this guy is amazing now but it is very possible that after another year, he will go down the ranks quite a bit.

Plus the Bills suck the ultimate way which mean they don't have a winning season and they are not terrible. Thus we get not excitement during season and little excitement comes draft time where we are not in top 3

I know there will be some other strong arm QBs in the draft for 2011 but Jake Locker looks like THE guy. I don't know how badly we will stink up the joint next year but we should pull a Mike Ditka and give up as much as we have to to get Jake Locker. The kid has it all. The arm, the size, the mobility, played in bad weather, played with a bad offensive line. How much more perfect could a rookie QB candidate be for our Bills?

Sell the farm buddy! Get Jake Locker....long time listener first time caller but......GIT 'ER DONE BUDDY!!!!!!

Hmmmmm....the arm, the size, the mobility, and played on a team with a bad o-line?

Is Locker's middle initial "P" also?

Sorry but this will not happen, we will go 3-13 and with the 2nd pick in the NFL draft you will hear "the Buffalo Bills select _____ _________ cornerback, Appalachian State"

We aren't smart enough to grab a great QB until our scouting dept, starting with Tom Modrack is fired.

To tout Locker, Mallet or any number of QB's is a joke.

At this point in 2009 people were head-over-heels about the likes of Jevan Snead and a few other guys that fell off the face of the Earth. Let this season play out and let's see if Locker, Mallet, Luck or any of these other guys can actually win a few games and look like NFL-ready QB's.

Because last time I checked, neither had accomplished anything worth the hype.

Thanks for the info kill joy. Go back to the doom and gloom club.

Due to my intrigue in the NFL Draft and NFL college scouting . I plan on getting the College Gameday package this season and taping all of the elite QB's games so I can have my own informed opinion.

Thank you.

Please share you observations throughout the college season - it will be a help! :worthy:

Who is your guy? Looks like there are a bunch of big arm QBs coming out in 2010. Locker as I understand it is a great passer and his light years ahead in athleticism. (Insert standard disclaimer that athleticism and good passing QB are not mutually exclusive)

Honestly, my guy is Pryor. I'm much higher on him than just about anybody else except Mallett.

Honestly, my guy is Pryor. I'm much higher on him than just about anybody else except Mallett.

It's not impossible for the guy to end up being the #1 QB but I have never heard of the guy. I am NO college football expert either but you would think a guy that can be great would generate enough buzz that a guy like me would have heard of him.

To be honest I haven't looked at college stats for many players at all. Where Locker sits I don't know. My assessment is based on the information that I have heard on ESPN, draft web sites and youtube video. If you haven't done so take a look for him on youtube. The kid has an arm and isn't afraid to use it, he has incredible wheels scoring a 50+yd TD in one game and he has done it on a not so great team with a bad offensive line. I believe he may also be a 4 year starter. I know this will at least be his 3rd year starting.

Do you have some evidence to the contrary that makes you think that he will NOT be a good NFL prospect? I would like to make an informed decision.

He can't complete 60% of his passes or throw for 3000 yards. He's probably not even the best QB in the Pac 10.

Why is any better than even...Levi Brown?

He can't complete 60% of his passes or throw for 3000 yards. He's probably not even the best QB in the Pac 10.

Why is any better than even...Levi Brown?

I am no expert as I have said. Levi Brown was a 7th round pick...sooooo...I would hazard a guess if scouts thought Locker was a 2nd round pick this year and that some teams might have drafted him in the 1st, I guess I would say that is why I think he is better. Not to mention he is going back for his senior year to work on all of those things.

Could be confabulation but I seem to recall that 2009 was his first year in a pro style offense if anyone can confirm or deny that. He also played in cold weather with a bad offensive line and has RIDICULOUS athleticism (Throw in standard athleticism and good pocket passing are not mutual exclusive disclaimer here)

Would you agree?

I am no expert as I have said. Levi Brown was a 7th round pick...sooooo...I would hazard a guess if scouts thought Locker was a 2nd round pick this year and that some teams might have drafted him in the 1st, I guess I would say that is why I think he is better. Not to mention he is going back for his senior year to work on all of those things.

Could be confabulation but I seem to recall that 2009 was his first year in a pro style offense if anyone can confirm or deny that. He also played in cold weather with a bad offensive line and has RIDICULOUS athleticism (Throw in standard athleticism and good pocket passing are not mutual exclusive disclaimer here)

Would you agree?

2009 was Lockers first season in a pro style offense. As for Pryor, you've really never heard of him? Your not just like jerking my chain here?