Audio System at the Ralph

Anyone else notice (not sure how u can't) that the PA system at the Ralph sucks. We need a new one it's long overdue. You can't hear half of whats on there. Just thinking they could also use some music and videos on the jumbotron to get the crowd going. What do you think about a video with music to it pre-game right before player intros or right after. (Think goo-goo dolls better days playoff video intro for the sabres a couple a years ago.) That would be cool at the Ralph with 74,000

Anyone else notice (not sure how u can't) that the PA system at the Ralph sucks. We need a new one it's long overdue. You can't hear half of whats on there. Just thinking they could also use some music and videos on the jumbotron to get the crowd going. What do you think about a video with music to it pre-game right before player intros or right after. (Think goo-goo dolls better days playoff video intro for the sabres a couple a years ago.) That would be cool at the Ralph with 74,000

You want the Goo Goo Dolls to pump up a football game?

Very true. I think better sound would improve the atmosphere and in general the Bills PA system is atrocious. If you sit opposite where the speakers are on the home side, it's just garbled nonsense. "Loss of two on the play" or "Lost a tooth on the play"? You go to opposing stadiums, and the audio is loud, clear and often disruptive to the Bills offense.

Very true. I think better sound would improve the atmosphere and in general the Bills PA system is atrocious. If you sit opposite where the speakers are on the home side, it's just garbled nonsense. "Loss of two on the play" or "Lost a tooth on the play"? You go to opposing stadiums, and the audio is loud, clear and often disruptive to the Bills offense.

I have no clue what you are talking about. I have been going to games at the ralph for about 9 yrs now and i have been to every game for the past 4 yrs and i can understand the PA system totally fine. Now im sure it could use an upgrade but it's not "atrocious" as you stated. What I would like is new tv's for tunnel where all the concession stands are located. The ones they have up now really are crap and have been the same tv's ever since i was a little kid. But i do agree a bunch of renovations should be made.

I prefer for the team to pump the crowd up and then no one can hear anything but a bunch of maniacs screaming at ear splitting levels. I agree with touchdown theorist. Score and we take care of the noise.

I agree, the sound system should be fixed and/or upgraded. For example, if you sit in the corner where the tunnel is, you will be experiencing ear piercing noise from the sound systems. Also, if you sit near the 50 yard line, you hear an echo from the PA system. It's an annoying problem and often hard to overlook when you're at the game. IDK about any other sports that have problems.

I have no clue what you are talking about. I have been going to games at the ralph for about 9 yrs now and i have been to every game for the past 4 yrs and i can understand the PA system totally fine. Now im sure it could use an upgrade but it's not "atrocious" as you stated. What I would like is new tv's for tunnel where all the concession stands are located. The ones they have up now really are crap and have been the same tv's ever since i was a little kid. But i do agree a bunch of renovations should be made.

Do you go to games at other NFL stadiums? I sit on the 50 in the lower upper deck on the opposition side of the field with mostly 20-40 something aged fans and it is commonplace for people to ask what the PA announcer just said. 90% of the time or more we can anticipate what he is going to say and we've come to expect poor sound, but the system is terrible. There are very few things about the new stadiums that really truly improve the experience versus that at the Ralph. Most are fluff and not worth the cost. But the sound at the Ralph is completely amateurish. Perhaps that fact that you haven't been at the Ralph much when it's loud(past 9 lousy seasons) clouds your perception but trust me, relative to everywhere else it is a joke.

I've spent a lot of my career in product development on the marketing side of things, and we get ga-jillionz of requests like these. The litmus test we use is simple - "Is it going to change your behavior if I implement this change/feature/request?". The other side of that sabre is "Will your behavior change if I DON'T implement this request"?

The argument posited is "The Sound System at the Ralph Sucks". Okay. Fair enough. The sound system at the Ralph sucks. If I'm the big dogs at OBD, I'll listen to your request, and ask you two questions:

1) If I upgrade the existing sound system, it's going to cost me about $2.8 million. Maybe more. But goddamit, your feedback is important to me, so I'm going to do it. But since there's a potential lockout on the way, I'm probably not going to get any ROI in 2011, am I? Boy, THAT sucks! I certainly don't like THAT! And, last time I checked, I call the shots. So here's what I'm going to do, homeslice...I'm going to jack your ticket prices to pay for it in a single year. $2.8 million divided by 70,000 is...whew...about $40 per person! Boy, THAT sucks, but, hey, you're paying the lowest price per ticket in the NFL, so you can probably cough up the greenbacks, right?

2) Oh, goodness! I didn't realize that adding an extra $40 to your seasonal package would be such a hairball! So let me ask you this...if I DON'T upgrade the system, will you keep coming to the game?

Oh, just checking...

I don't mean to be a dick here, but consider this a splash of cold, cruel reality on a message board. This is the decision tree that these guys are going to implement when choosing an outcome that will affect THEIR bottom line. Don't like it? Become an owner.

The sound system at the Ralph sucks? Really? Siddown, shaddap, drink your $8 Labatts, and WATCH the game. Because if you're IN THE STADIUM, and you're WATCHING THE GAME, you don't need to listen to some yahoo in the press box telling you what you just paid the lowest ticket prices in the NFL to WATCH!

I've spent a lot of my career in product development on the marketing side of things, and we get ga-jillionz of requests like these. The litmus test we use is simple - "Is it going to change your behavior if I implement this change/feature/request?". The other side of that sabre is "Will your behavior change if I DON'T implement this request"?

The argument posited is "The Sound System at the Ralph Sucks". Okay. Fair enough. The sound system at the Ralph sucks. If I'm the big dogs at OBD, I'll listen to your request, and ask you two questions:

1) If I upgrade the existing sound system, it's going to cost me about $2.8 million. Maybe more. But goddamit, your feedback is important to me, so I'm going to do it. But since there's a potential lockout on the way, I'm probably not going to get any ROI in 2011, am I? Boy, THAT sucks! I certainly don't like THAT! And, last time I checked, I call the shots. So here's what I'm going to do, homeslice...I'm going to jack your ticket prices to pay for it in a single year. $2.8 million divided by 70,000 is...whew...about $40 per person! Boy, THAT sucks, but, hey, you're paying the lowest price per ticket in the NFL, so you can probably cough up the greenbacks, right?

2) Oh, goodness! I didn't realize that adding an extra $40 to your seasonal package would be such a hairball! So let me ask you this...if I DON'T upgrade the system, will you keep coming to the game?

Oh, just checking...

I don't mean to be a dick here, but consider this a splash of cold, cruel reality on a message board. This is the decision tree that these guys are going to implement when choosing an outcome that will affect THEIR bottom line. Don't like it? Become an owner.

The sound system at the Ralph sucks? Really? Siddown, shaddap, drink your $8 Labatts, and WATCH the game. Because if you're IN THE STADIUM, and you're WATCHING THE GAME, you don't need to listen to some yahoo in the press box telling you what you just paid the lowest ticket prices in the NFL to WATCH!

And there you have it......reality at it's finest.

I agree completely that the sound system sucks but I don't go to the games to hear someone tell me what I'm watching. I don't need to hear music introducing the players or something blasted out as some sort of filler between plays.

I do need to see the Bills score touchdowns and win football games. Period!

You want the Goo Goo Dolls to pump up a football game?

Not specifically the Goo Goo Dolls. A video intro. (I'm not a Goo Goo Dolls fan but the playoff video for the sabres with the Better Days song was cool) Or do you just prefer the same ****ty intro with fireworks coming out of a logo and a PA announcer that you're pretty sure just announced Lee Evans only because you can see him running onto the field.

Oh, just checking...

To answer your question I would pay more money if they made more upgrades.

I don't really need to hear what the PA announcer says. I'm watching the same game as he is. I can see what just happened. The refs have hand signals and mics for penalties. Down and distance is on the scoreboards and the chain gang also marks the down and first down markers(in case you forget). What do I need the PA guy for? Just put the record player needle on for the "Shout" song and shutup.

The last game I was at I was around the 30 yard line, upper deck, 2nd row, visitor's side I believe.

Sorry if I sound like an old fart, but there were times when I wish they'd have just turned the thing off.

I'm not talking about during game-time, but during commercial breaks when there's nothing going on down on the field. The music and advertisements were blaring so loudly that we had to shout above the noise to have a conversation during those times. Is that nessessary?

I don't need to be entertained by some outside source 24-7. I don't really need the Goo-Goo Dolls or anyone else creating constant entertainment from the minute I get there until I leave. I'm there to see a bloody football game. I understand some pre-game festivities and halftime shows and the like, but I don't think it's the team's job to fill every idle moment for me. God knows, I might start getting twitchy thumbs and have to text someone.

At least the Bills don't have a dome. If you love super loud hip-hop echoing off the walls that make your ears ring the rest of the day, try the Georgia Dome. The Bills played there last year. I live in the area, but I didn't even bother getting a ticket. I swore last time I went to that place it would be the last.

Geez, I can't walk into a restaurant or bank anymore without being bombarded images and sound from the idiot box.

Serenity now. ooohhhmmmm ooohhhmmmm

AC/DC -- "FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK" !!!!