Rochester D & C

I have never lived in Rochester and only read the sports columns linked by TBD. Did they seriously just write the Bills wanted to move up to get Brees now? There were only about 20 other articles written before the SB on the same topic. Do they really think this is worthy of a column now - it was barely newsworthy the week before the SB? Their writers are horrible. Bob Matthews makes Clip Smith look like a Rhodes Scholar. I think the links are backwards. The D and C should just fire their writers and provide links to the discussions at TBD.

I have never lived in Rochester and only read the sports columns linked by TBD. Did they seriously just write the Bills wanted to move up to get Brees now? There were only about 20 other articles written before the SB on the same topic. Do they really think this is worthy of a column now - it was barely newsworthy the week before the SB? Their writers are horrible. Bob Matthews makes Clip Smith look like a Rhodes Scholar. I think the links are backwards. The D and C should just fire their writers and provide links to the discussions at TBD.

It's only relevant now because he's in town for a big awards dinner. That said, I rarely get much out of the Bills-related articles in the D&C.

It's only relevant now because he's in town for a big awards dinner.

Precisely. They merely provided some background for Brees' appearance at last night's Press-Radio Club dinner to their readers.

Precisely. They merely provided some background for Brees' appearance at last night's Press-Radio Club dinner to their readers.

Some background that about 95% of Bills' nation is familiar with. Lazy journalism. I agree those hacks suck. Give me JW or CP, or even JS over those hacks.

Wow, really searching for something to post and wine about eh? Is this Jeremy from wgr? I knew it, you sly dog you. If you wanted something to really complain about why not post about wgr's winer line? the worse idea anybody's every come up with.

PS....The best writer of this modern era, Scott Potoniak, came from the D&C.

Some background that about 95% of Bills' nation is familiar with. Lazy journalism. I agree those hacks suck. Give me JW or CP, or even JS over those hacks.

Did you do a survey? 95 percent of TBD might be familiar with the story, but I guarantee that if you walk through the parking lot at a game this fall asking that question, you wouldn't get nearly the same level of agreement. The D+C lists a daily circulation of 125k, which is roughly 12.5 times the size of the entire Stadium Wall membership, and probably more like 150 times the amount of daily visitors to this board.

Brees was in Rochester. It was worth revisiting for a Rochester audience. If I'm Steve Bradley (their SE), I'm absolutely assigning the same story.

In addition to pointing out that it was an award ceremony story, I'd like to add that I really like the perspective of Sal and Leo. They tell it like it is. I'll never forget the podcast from training camp last year when they were laughing that there was no way Walker could play LT based on what they saw in practice and how the team was in total disarray.

At the same time, the Buffalo News reporters were repeating the nonsense that this was a "playoffs or bust" season.

Wow, really searching for something to post and wine about eh? Is this Jeremy from wgr? I knew it, you sly dog you. If you wanted something to really complain about why not post about wgr's winer line? the worse idea anybody's every come up with.

PS....The best writer of this modern era, Scott Potoniak, came from the D&C.

Now if you want to get into reasons for disliking the D+C, what they did to Pitoniak (and a bunch of other people) is at the very top of the list.

Unlike this.

Sal and Leo already know better than to subject themselves to the crap-flinging they'd endure here, and I wouldn't invite Matthews. Anything else?

Is that because he'd have too much sunshine blown up his posterior? <_<

No, because Gettysburg man should restrain his comments to things he know something about - like Zippy Chippy's career and the comings and goings at OTB.

Try the Finger Lakes Times or Canandaigua Daily Messanger...LOL, the D&C is way above those!

Yeah, it's amazing how a larger newspaper in a city with significantly higher population (and thus, audience) has the resources to produce a better product. Who would've guessed?