A Trade Proposal For The Bills And Ravens - My Opinion Only

This hasn't been rumored anywhere except in my noggin;

Buffalo gets Jared Gaither and WR's Demetrius Williams and Justin Harper and a sixth round pick.

Ravens get Donte Whitner, Marshawn Lynch and and Ashton Youboty.

Jared Gaither is an obvious need and I read somewhere that Gailey likes big fast receivers. Williams is 6'2" with decent speed (4.5 forty out of college) and Justin Harper is 6'3" with decent speed too. (4.56 forty coming out of college).

Baltimore is loaded at receiver and can afford to lose them;

The Baltimore Ravens are deeper at wide receiver this year than they have been in years, possibly ever, and they probably won't carry more than five receivers on their active roster entering the season, reports Jamison Hensley, of The Baltimore Sun. WRs Demetrius Williams, Marcus Smith and Justin Harper will have to fight to make the team's final roster.

These are from the ESPN Insider on Gaither, Williams and Harper;

Comment: Gaither is a young, ascending player and the Ravens' starting left tackle. He has tremendous size, particularly with his extreme height and overall length, to man the blind side. However, there are times when his high center of gravity is used against Gaither. Gaither remains a work in progress but is a punishing finisher in Baltimore's power blocking scheme. As he gains experience, his hand placement and understanding of his opponent will improve.

Comment: He (Williams) is a good athlete with good size and speed. He has good lateral quickness to slip jams and a long stride to eat up ground once upfield. He accelerates well for his size and is flexible enough to sink his hips and get in and out of breaks. He shows good speed running vertically with the ability to stretch the defense. He can reduce the cushion quickly when defenders play off. He can also use his speed to get over the top versus man-to-man. He does a good job using stutter moves or bending routes and once the defender sits, he accelerates by him. He has good hands with long arms to adjust to the ball outside the frame. He will give good effort to make the tough catch, but he doesn't secure the ball quickly consistently. He needs to get stronger. He has good physical tools and athletic ability, but was plagued with injuries last year.

This is on Harper;

Comment: Harper is a long-strider who takes too long to get to full speed. His top-end speed is just ordinary as well. But, Harper does have great height and can go up and get the ball at its highest point. He also knows how to use his big frame to keep defenders off the ball. Getting off the line of scrimmage remains a problem that he must work on going forward.

Williams has been a disappointment in Baltimore is coming off injuries Harper is going to have a hard time making their team and probably will in Buffalo but he has experience and despite ordinary speed can compete for a job in camp. The Bills need WR's and can afford to lose Whitner and Lynch.

Marshawn Lynch makes sense for Baltimore because McGahee's salary jumps to 3.6 million this year and Lynch's salary is 885,000.

Whitner makes sense because Ed Reed is coming off an injury is likely to miss at least part of training camp.

Youboty makes sense because the cRavens need CB's.

Whatcha think? :beer:

Buffalo gets Jared Gaither and WR's Demetrius Williams and Justin Harper and a sixth round pick.

Jared Gaither is an obvious need and I read somewhere that Gailey likes big fast receivers. Williams is 6'2" with decent speed (4.5 forty out of college) and Justin Harper is 6'3" with decent speed too. (4.56 forty coming out of college).

The Baltimore Ravens are deeper at wide receiver this year than they have been in years, possibly ever, and they probably won't carry more than five receivers on their active roster entering the season, reports Jamison Hensley, of The Baltimore Sun. WRs Demetrius Williams, Marcus Smith and Justin Harper will have to fight to make the team's final roster.

Comment: Gaither is a young, ascending player and the Ravens' starting left tackle. He has tremendous size, particularly with his extreme height and overall length, to man the blind side. However, there are times when his high center of gravity is used against Gaither. Gaither remains a work in progress but is a punishing finisher in Baltimore's power blocking scheme. As he gains experience, his hand placement and understanding of his opponent will improve.

Comment: He (Williams) is a good athlete with good size and speed. He has good lateral quickness to slip jams and a long stride to eat up ground once upfield. He accelerates well for his size and is flexible enough to sink his hips and get in and out of breaks. He shows good speed running vertically with the ability to stretch the defense. He can reduce the cushion quickly when defenders play off. He can also use his speed to get over the top versus man-to-man. He does a good job using stutter moves or bending routes and once the defender sits, he accelerates by him. He has good hands with long arms to adjust to the ball outside the frame. He will give good effort to make the tough catch, but he doesn't secure the ball quickly consistently. He needs to get stronger. He has good physical tools and athletic ability, but was plagued with injuries last year.

This is on Harper;

Comment: Harper is a long-strider who takes too long to get to full speed. His top-end speed is just ordinary as well. But, Harper does have great height and can go up and get the ball at its highest point. He also knows how to use his big frame to keep defenders off the ball. Getting off the line of scrimmage remains a problem that he must work on going forward.

Williams has been a disappointment in Baltimore is coming off injuries Harper is going to have a hard time making their team and probably will in Buffalo but he has experience and despite ordinary speed can compete for a job in camp. The Bills need WR's and can afford to lose Whitner and Lynch.

Marshawn Lynch makes sense for Baltimore because McGahee's salary jumps to 3.6 million this year and Lynch's salary is 885,000.

Whitner makes sense because Ed Reed is coming off an injury is likely to miss at least part of training camp.

Whatcha think? 0:)

The critical issue isn't the transaction of players as much as it is the trading of contracts. In your scenario do the Bills give Gaither an upper scale LT contract? If so, I say no.

As much as I am irritated with Lynch and his shenanigans he is a talent. If he can get focused and the OL can get upgraded he beomes a premium player. At this point I would prefer to keep him and wait to see how things work out with him. If it comes to pass that he needs to be moved I would try to get more value for him.

Donte Whitner is a good/solid player. He is also a character team player. Most of the criticisms he receives are due to the fact that he was drafted higher than he should have been by a stupid front office. That isn't his fault. Why give up a good player when he is at a stage in his career where he can finally make a contribution on defense?

All the receivers you brought up are developmental and pedestrian at best. We already have those type of receivers on our roster. It is time to give playing time to Hardy. Let's see what he can do. Our fourth round receiver pick, Easley, is similar to one of the Baltimore receivers. Why not develop your own players instead of getting the tail end roster players from other teams? :beer:

Lol...

Am I blind? Did I miss something?

You think we can get Gaither w/o giving up a pick? AND get 2 other players along with him. One of which (Williams) would be our #2.

Lol again?

Lol...

Am I blind? Did I miss something?

You think we can get Gaither w/o giving up a pick? AND get 2 other players along with him. One of which (Williams) would be our #2.

Lol again?

Where did I say that Williams would be the Bills #2? Yes, I think Whitner, Youboty and Lynch is fair.

As for the suggestion in picking them up if they're cut getting them now gives the Bills more time to get them into the offensive system. Williams would probably be a lock to make the team.

Where did I say that Williams would be the Bills #2? Yes, I think Whitner, Youboty and Lynch is fair.

As for the suggestion in picking them up if they're cut getting them now gives the Bills more time to get them into the offensive system. Williams would probably be a lock to make the team.

Why would the Ravens want another RB when they are loaded at that position with McGahee, Rice and the FB who had a career year in 2008.

Why would the Ravens want another RB when they are loaded at that position with McGahee, Rice and the FB who had a career year in 2008.

Beats me...I guess the thought is McGahee and his contract. But he crossed the goal line 14 time last season.

This is on Harper;

I agree 100%. I'm sure that you are the only one that this has occurred to.

This is on Harper;

No offense, but this proposal sucks IMO...firt off, you would rather have a couple of WR's in danger of being cut instead of Lynch, Whitner, and Youboty just to save one 2nd round pick? Lynch and Whitner have more value to this team than a 2nd round pick.

If we can get Gaither and keep them both by simply giving up a 2nd round pick, then why on earth wouldnt you do that and keep 2 solid players on your team?

Nothing about this makes any sense at all, especailly since we are deep with young WR's with upside...

This is on Harper;

Whatcha think? :thumbsup:

Why would we give up our best safety defending the run when we have a poor run defense.

I think we could have drafted better but Whitner is no bust. You can say the same for Poz.

They are not great players but they are solid and I wouldn't just give them away because we could have had some one else.

For 2 years Lynch has carried this offense. Now that we have a rotation that is a solid threat to score why give that up?

Yobouty is expendable because of the many cornerbacks we have acquired.

I would offer a 4th rounder and Yobouty. Gaither is gone after this year and the Ravens know it. They should get something for him before he leaves. The reason Gaither is ticked is because he was promised the LT position and played well but lost it to Oher. Once Gaither started to be verbal the Ravens started painting a negative picture but they still wanted him as a starter as RT. He wants to be LT and knows he will be able to get a starter position with many other teams.

With the recent talk of trading for Gaithier, I just dont see it happening. From what I have been seeing, reading and hearing from OBD they want self made men. Not guys you have to push, coddle, and wipe thier butt all at the same time. The first thing that comes to mind is the change in the weight room, no more TV`s, then the quote from Gailey about when you walk in those doors you had better be ready to work. Just the other day he mentioned how he wants to see mental toughness, and work effort without saying anything and who gives that same effort day in and day out. Chris brown had an article about the draft picks in which the coaches and players of each choice were praised more for thier work effort than the talent each one possesed. So to bring in guys that have questionable work ethics just does not make sense. I would rather have a guy who`s willing to run through a brick wall and has to be stopped by a coach to put his helmet on first, than a guy who see`s the wall and try`s to rent a jack hammer.

It`s my belief that in 3 years we will see the culmination of that philosiphy, and when other teams see the Bills on thier schedule they`ll be saying "Ah crap we gotta play the Bills next week, bring on the ice bags and pain killers". Kind of reminds me of when the Sabres had the same reputation with then head coach Ted Nolan, and players like Peca, Barnaby, Ray, May, Etc.

In closing, when you make that your plan, the guy`s on the team will play for each other and not themselves. Which is why it will make us a true team.

Wikipedia:

A team comprises a group of people or animals linked in a common purpose. Teams are especially appropriate for conducting tasks that are high in complexity and have many interdependent subtasks.

A group in itself does not necessarily constitute a team. Teams normally have members with complementary skills and generate synergy through a coordinated effort which allows each member to maximize his or her strengths and minimize his or her weaknesses.

GO BILL`S

you didn't say that. You probaby don't realize that he's better than our current wrs battling for the number 2 spot. But he is.

We have to give up a draft pick/s if we are going to land him. Period.

If you read the original post McGahee costs 3.6 million this year and Lynch is under a million.

this

What?

you didn't say that. You probaby don't realize that he's better than our current wrs battling for the number 2 spot. But he is.

We have to give up a draft pick/s if we are going to land him. Period.

I do know he's a good receiver but I also don't know much about who's going to come out of camp on top.