Thailog80, or any collectors

stevestojan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5142582904&rd=1

I can't afford it personally right now, or I would have jumped on it, but Kelly, I know you are a big collector, so you should know the name PSA/DNA is the authority on authgraphs and collectables... this is SWEET. The guy is about right quoting the price for the framing alone... The jersey itself leaves something to be desired, but its still a very nice piece.

why would someone make that??? he never wore that type of jersey, and it looks like he signed it "WMG #2" What is with that? that is weird, like getting a new style Kenny Davis jersey... why would you?

Buying autographed merchandise on eBay is never a good idea. And the "certification?" Who the hell are they? The only way to be sure (and sometimes not even) is to see a pic of McGahee with a sharpee in his hand holding the item.

You have a better chance buying a McGahee jersey yourself, and tracking the guy down before the game or at training camp to get it signed. Then you'd know you have the REAL deal, and it would be cheaper too.

PTR

Not only a non-standard jersey (note the lack of any manufacturer's logo on the sleeve), but it's not even a decent imitation of the 1990-2002 model - the sleeve stripes are closer to a '90s Giants shirt.

The auto may well be PSA certified, but nobody who knows Bills shirts would sign off on that jersey. My guess is, McGahee signed some number 2s -- remember, that's the number he wore during training camp 2003 -- and somebody stitched together a jersey to match it. The matte/frame job might be nice, but the first thing I'd do with it is rip it apart and put a better-looking jersey inside.

Just my opinion.... but hey, somebody bought it, so apparently they're happy with the end result.

Also: take a look at the seller's other auctions. In particular, this one for a Thurman Thomas jersey. Same deal - Thurman apparently signed some tackle-twill #4s, then someone put together a jersey with them. (They shouldn't have given him sans-serif numbers to sign, though. That looks really bad.) Note to future Bills-jersey constructors: Buffalo might have used sans-serif numerals on the jerseys they wore with the silver helmets, but certainly not in any season after 1962.