Pearl Jam

TPS

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say right up front that I'm not trying to make this political. They're pro-democrat, so why would he break out an Obama mask? It makes no sense.

They're actually a bunch of Green Party Nader honks.

What does make sense is that Obama is anything but anti-war. In fact I would go so far as to say that in his second term he's going after Iran. That should give Eddie plenty to B word about.

What does make sense is that Obama is anything but anti-war. In fact I would go so far as to say that in his second term he's going after Iran. That should give Eddie plenty to B word about.

Either way, he was very pro-Obama on the last tour, so he's obviously not going to go after him this early.

Either way, he was very pro-Obama on the last tour, so he's obviously not going to go after him this early.

That's outstanding. He's probably every bit as disappointed in Obama as all the other tools that voted for him.

That's outstanding. He's probably every bit as disappointed in Obama as all the other tools that voted for him

First of all, I wasn't aware that a person's or band's political preferences could be "wrong." They might be different from yours, but maybe yours are wrong? Who knows and who cares.

This is a music thread bro, get over it.

Britney Spears said we should always trust and support our president. Do you like her music?

First of all, I wasn't aware that a person's or band's political preferences could be "wrong." They might be different from yours, but maybe yours are wrong? Who knows and who cares.

This is a music thread bro, get over it.

Britney Spears said we should always trust and support our president. Do you like her music?

Nice first post in this thread there 'bro'. Where exactly are YOU discussing music? You aren't, and you're simply going after me for being pissed off at these guys. Nice. Check out my screen name sometime and look up my original one: boomerjamhead.

Eddie Vedder is as divisive as they come. He prefers it that way, and because of it he can kiss my ass. Where did I say he was 'wrong'? You made that up, and I applaud you for your creativity.

I can "out-Pearl-Jam" anyone on this board. Let's go ahead and talk some music there 'bro'.

The Britney Spears reference is hilarious. I don't have a tatt of her lame ass on my back, but I do have a big ass PJ tatt.

Nice first post in this thread there 'bro'. Where exactly are YOU discussing music? You aren't, and you're simply going after me for being pissed off at these guys. Nice. Check out my screen name sometime and look up my original one: boomerjamhead.

Eddie Vedder is as divisive as they come. He prefers it that way, and because of it he can kiss my ass. Where did I say he was 'wrong'? You made that up, and I applaud you for your creativity.

I can "out-Pearl-Jam" anyone on this board. Let's go ahead and talk some music there 'bro'.

The Britney Spears reference is hilarious. I don't have a tatt of her lame ass on my back, but I do have a big ass PJ tatt.

You had him on the run, until you referenced the Pearl Jam tramp stamp.

Need a visual? Just say the word...

Nah, if you've seen one tramp stamp, you've seen them all.

In all seriousness, what makes you an ex-jamhead? I know you mentioned the political agenda of the band but was there a specific event that started the downfall? Just curious Boomer, you obviously were a diehard at one point. I don't know much about PJ other than the radio hits.

I was simply enjoying the reviews of the concert in Buffalo. People talking music, talking Pearl Jam, talking set lists. Then you're posts came along referencing Green Party honks, tools who voted for Obama, and your whines about a George W mask. Trust me, it's ok to separate the music from the musician. You don't have to blow guys to like Elton John.

I've been to several Rage Against the Machine shows. Heavy, heavy rock. They play their asses off. But I didn't want to secede from the United States because of Zack de la Rocha's ramblings. I just paid him no mind, and got pumped when they started the next song.

I went to the Cleveland and Buffalo shows and EV didnt mention politics really. Just said that Tim Russert was a fair guy. To a further extent I saw 4 shows in Philly and there was no political talk. Went to a Toronto show last year and he spoke for a minute on health care and raised a couple good points.

A lot of PJ fans really hate the political ramblings, but it didnt stop them from enjoying the band. In any given show, you might just have to listen to EV state a view different than yours for 30 seconds to a minute. His biggest message is that everyone should educate themselves and vote on what they think is right.... not necessarily that everyone should vote Green or Dem.

I don't care for his ramblings either, but I quickly get past it while at a show. 2.5 hours of music vs. 5 minutes or so of political talk? Yeah, it's very easy to get past that. If someone is caught completely off guard by that stuff, they are pretty clueless. Go back to their appearance on Unplugged back in the early 90s and you'll see that speaking up about his beliefs isn't exactly a new practice for Vedder.

If I started caring about the political leanings of musicians, actors and etc. I'd end up disliking just about all of them, so it's paramount from my perspective to separate the two, so it doesn't alter the way I feel about their "artistic" ability.

I just picked up my tickets for tonight's show in Boston and I'm pretty pumped. I'm 12 rows up, directly behind the benches.

what a show last night, huh?

Cant believe what they pulled out

Im going to both MSG shows this week

what a show last night, huh?

Cant believe what they pulled out

Im going to both MSG shows this week

There were a bunch of "I can't believe they played that" songs. I'm guessing you're talking about Crown of Thorns? The whole night seemed like it was a bit off of their usual set list. Release to open. Push Me Pull Me (yeah, never even considered that as an option). Soldier of Love instead of Last Kiss (thank god). Undone isntead of Down. I loved every second of it. In My Tree and Smile are two songs that I could gladly listen to at every show.

And my seats were as good as I expected.