Any Diamond experts here? I need to sell one

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so first, don't cry for me Argentina, but the wife and I are splitting up. I'm not looking for any sympathy (except from maybe DC Tom), nor am I looking to discuss the details, and finally, no I don't have a "pic" or "link" of her. That said, I need some advice on selling a diamond ring. (yes, I got it back).

I know pawn shops are my last resort; but I'd rather go that route than eBay I think. And I'm fairly sure (from the googling I did that jewelry stores will laugh me out of the place).

The details on the ring are as follows:

Its GIA certified with GIA # 15897596

It is a "squared modified brilliant" cut (otherwise known as princess cut)

Measurements of the center diamond are 5.49x5.32x3.74

Carat Weight of center diamond is .91 carat

Color is G

Clairty is SI2

Finish:

Polish: Good

Symmetry: Good

Fluorescence: None

The ring itself is white gold and the diamond setting is platinum

It has 4 "diamond melee" on the sides (baguettes I think they're called) totally .40 additional carats (.075, .075, .125 and .125)

It was bought and appraised for $5,480.

Now, I know that, in this economy, with the ridiculous mark up of jewelry in the first place, I may be lucky to get $2,000 for it (and that's probably a stretch) I just want to know if anyone knows, based on experience or knowledge of diamonds or jewelry, what my best option is in this case.

First of all sympathy? I'm freakin jealous...

But seriously, ever watch Pawn Stars? Good reason to go to Vegas....

Chumlee will hook you up!

Ok so first, don't cry for me Argentina, but the wife and I are splitting up. I'm not looking for any sympathy (except from maybe DC Tom), nor am I looking to discuss the details, and finally, no I don't have a "pic" or "link" of her. That said, I need some advice on selling a diamond ring. (yes, I got it back).

I know pawn shops are my last resort; but I'd rather go that route than eBay I think. And I'm fairly sure (from the googling I did that jewelry stores will laugh me out of the place).

The details on the ring are as follows:

Its GIA certified with GIA # 15897596

It is a "squared modified brilliant" cut (otherwise known as princess cut)

Measurements of the center diamond are 5.49x5.32x3.74

Carat Weight of center diamond is .91 carat

Color is G

Clairty is SI2

Finish:

Polish: Good

Symmetry: Good

Fluorescence: None

The ring itself is white gold and the diamond setting is platinum

It has 4 "diamond melee" on the sides (baguettes I think they're called) totally .40 additional carats (.075, .075, .125 and .125)

It was bought and appraised for $5,480.

Now, I know that, in this economy, with the ridiculous mark up of jewelry in the first place, I may be lucky to get $2,000 for it (and that's probably a stretch) I just want to know if anyone knows, based on experience or knowledge of diamonds or jewelry, what my best option is in this case.

Lloyd:What happened Harry, some lil philly break your heart?

Harry: No it was a girl.

Lloyd: Ohhhh.

Harry: And it was right out of the blue, she sent me a John Deere letter, wrote something about me not listening to her...... I don't know I wasn't paying attention.

Sorry to hear about the split Steve, sell the ring go to Vegas have a blast (include pics) and call it a day.