Stephen Strasburg promoted to AAA Syracuse

zow2

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey LV-- Thought I saw that Strasburg's MLB first start might be against the Buccos; not sure if in Pittsburgh or DC--I have to check the schedule.

JR - I just saw your post here. Yeah, I think they cancelled him coming up against the buccos. Not sure. I just know he's pitching in Buffalo this week.

Yup, June 8th vs. Pittsburgh here in DC. They would not dare start him on the road and lose that gate!

I bought tix for the June 6th game vs. Cinci. I took a shot he'd start in that one but i guess not. Oh well, i'll still take my kids. Nationals Stadium is really nice and they have some great food stands...which is all the kids really care about!

I remember Trent Edwards being touted as the next Joe Montana. Maybe even better, according to some.

I'm sure if you visited every homer message board you can find that any athlete ever was hyped up.

Lebron James was highly touted when he entered the pros. Trent Edwards was not.

Saw him pitch Saturday in Syracuse, the kid is nasty. The stadium radar only goes to 99, he hit that a bunch..most unhittable k's. He ran into trouble and got pulled.in the 5th. Would have liked to see how he faced the adversity, but no. The kid seems to be the real deal

Hey LV-- Thought I saw that Strasburg's MLB first start might be against the Buccos; not sure if in Pittsburgh or DC--I have to check the schedule.

That game's in DC. I've seen that Strasburg's second start could well be in Cleveland against the Tribe on June 13, so we will see.

The fastball is impressive, but a lot of pitchers have a great fastball. It's the curveball that's the secret to success. Once Sandy Koufax learned how to throw a curveball, he was unstoppable. Strasburg has a curveball.

I'm not saying Strasburg is the next Koufax or Nolan Ryan, but he has the tools to be a superstar. It's the intangibles that will decide his status and success.

Wait till you see his Nats opener on Tuesday night. MLB is trucking in Bob Costas to call the game on MLB Network. Tons of sports, entertainment and political celebrities have requested tickets and will be in the house. The event will be so hyped, it's unbelievable. Even the Nats GM yesterday said he cannot live up to this hype. No one can. Well, we'll see. Should be fun,,,,for a friggin' Nationals-Pirates game in early June. go figure.

Wait till you see his Nats opener on Tuesday night. MLB is trucking in Bob Costas to call the game on MLB Network. Tons of sports, entertainment and political celebrities have requested tickets and will be in the house. The event will be so hyped, it's unbelievable. Even the Nats GM yesterday said he cannot live up to this hype. No one can. Well, we'll see. Should be fun,,,,for a friggin' Nationals-Pirates game in early June. go figure.

He will look good in the 4 spot of the Pickle Parkers SP rotation

Strasburg's role is going to be limited this season, even if he dazzles. I don't have a link, but the Nationals are holding him to 160 innings maximum, including the innings he's been throwing in the minors. On top of that, they probably won't ever allow him to eclipse 100 pitches in any game.

All that said, I'm greatly anticipating his start on the 8th. I won't buy into the kid until he starts getting it done at the top level, but potential like this doesn't come along every day.

so far he hasn't really disappointed...sure he gave up a 2 run jack, but 11K's through 6, 4 1-2-3 innings....not a bad debut...probably wont come out for the 7th, nor should he i don't think...and it doesn't matter if its the pirates, the yankees, or st. lucy's school for the blind...its still an impressive debut

Nationals are starting to play HR derby and up 4-2 in the 6th. The kid has done awesome tonight. 11 K's in six innings? that's silly for your major league debut. Even better tha i thought he'd do tonight with all that pressure. Has hit 100 mph or over a few times. His pitch count is 90 so they will probably pull him during the 7th so he can leave to a standing O.

He blew them away to fast to pull him - wow!

I was thinking the same thing!

Now, queue the Nats bullpen to blow his first major league victory. Bring in Drew Storen, the #10 pick in the same draft last year. Maybe he'll shut em down and get Strasburg his win.

Got me to watch the game..and dude looked awesome!!

But I was actually at Big Ben's debut at Memorial stadium, and thought he was the next coming of Bob Seaver..so give the kid some time before crowning his ass (in my best Denny Green), and this from a guy who considers himself at least a casual Nats fan.

Got me to watch the game..and dude looked awesome!!

But I was actually at Big Ben's debut at Memorial stadium, and thought he was the next coming of Bob Seaver..so give the kid some time before crowning his ass (in my best Denny Green), and this from a guy who considers himself at least a casual Nats fan.

Is Bob Seaver the unholy love child of Bob Gibson and Tom Seaver - that dude must have nasty stuff!