Thanks Leonidas

I hope Tim reconsiders. His exit seemed a bit rash.

It is funny to observe the crocodile weeping by so many over his TSW demise when a large number of posters here would bash the guy (his TO stuff, his pats stuff, etc.) whenever he didn't toe the TSW line.

Come on back Tim--yours was the only thoughtful media input we had here.

btw, i don't agree at all that Tim's was the only thoughtful media input here...please don't run off the other great journalist sources like Lori and John.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the best part of all of this is we have something to talk about on the board during the slow time. this is much better than reading more anti- insert player, coach, or management, that we have been hearing about since february

just read the closed thread. i was expecting a lot more from Leonidas given the fact that another thread was made just to call him out. maybe im missing something, were his posts deleted? or was it just those couple of posts on the last 2 pages?

seems like a pretty small and insignificant interaction, especially on the internet.

i appreciate Tim posting on the board with us "common folk", but it's not like he was attacked personally (or even professionally for that matter). although, i can understand wanting to leave a conversation that is ripping on his employer, especially when that conversation is on the internet and anyone at ESPN can find it by googling "Tim Graham". probably a good idea to not be a part of it.

Just for the record, Two Bills Drive hasn't linked my stories regularly for months. And I haven't shared a link to one of my own since Marshawn Lynch's plea bargain last year.

ESPN is able to track where traffic comes from. This site increased my traffic by an average of about 150 clicks a month. My total traffic is anywhere from 1.5 million to 3 million clicks a month, depending on the time of year.

This is precisely what can keep things going though. So, only 150 clicks a month come from TBD? Maybe directly. HOWEVER, I myself added Tim's Blog some time ago as a favorite site so that I could keep up with the AFC EAST. I don't hardly ever get directly to you through TBD anymore, if at all. I'm sure many people go straight to his stuff on ESPN now that we know it's there. Without you coming to TBD I would have never clicked your blog.....ever, until I discovered you. And I admit, I don't rummage deep into the ESPN site. Too cluttered for me.

So, it's more than 150. For as popular as TG seems here, I'm sure a ton of clicks are generated because TG came here and made himself known. We also kind of look for TG's stuff on ESPN when stuff might be breaking, because we are hoping that he is a little more tuned in than the guy who was posting from the Chamber of Commerce about stuff happening at OBD.

Just from when you did your chats alone, you were overrun by posters here. Re-directed traffic might only be 150, but Tim has gained enormous amounts of traffic to his stuff from here. As pathetic as the Bills are, and as starved as we are for information, I would say I probably clicked Tim's stuff 150 times myself that month, to see if anyone had anything on Edwards.

All because TG was announced or whatever it was that happened here at TBD.

This is precisely what can keep things going though. So, only 150 clicks a month come from TBD? Maybe directly. HOWEVER, I myself added Tim's Blog some time ago as a favorite site so that I could keep up with the AFC EAST. I'm sure many people go straight to his stuff on ESPN now that we know it's there. Without you coming to TBD I would have never clicked your blog.....ever, until I discovered you. And I admit, I don't rummage deep into the ESPN site. Too cluttered for me.

So, it's more than 150. For as popular as TG seems here, I'm sure a ton of clicks are generated because TG came here and made himself known. We also kind of look for TG's stuff on ESPN when stuff might be breaking, because we are hoping that he is a little more tuned in than the guy who was posting from the Chamber of Commerce about stuff happening at OBD.

Just from when you did your chats alone, you were overrun by posters here. Re-directed traffic might only be 150, but Tim has gained enormous amounts of traffic to his stuff from here. As pathetic as the Bills are, and as starved as we are for information, I would say I probably clicked Tim's stuff 150 times myself that month, to see if anyone had anything on Edwards.

All because you were announced or whatever it was that happened here at TBD.

Exactly. 150 'clicks' per month is completely inaccurate. Every time Tim farts there is a new thread about it and a link to his blog.

I'm calling bull**** here Tim. I implore you to prove me wrong.

I like Tim graham but espn is a joke. they jock the big market teams like groupies... At the end of the day who cares none of those guys provide any real confidential insight anyway.

What does that even mean? "confidential insight"...... wtf. In other words they don't have "secret" or "private" insight? Well! maybe they DO have it, but it is confidential so we can't see it :w00t:

The level of stupidity in this world amazes me.....

If a chef of a fine restaurant offers to come to your house to cook for you and your family for free, does it make any sense to tell them their food sucks, restaurant sucks, and every person they know sucks? Even if you dont like them, you keep your mouth shut.....this all stems from the parents make excuses for their kids and 12th place trophy generation

Agreed. What a total douche.

Bingo. In fact, when ESPN issued a social-media policy which restricted its employees from participating in unauthorized (read: non-ESPN) blogs, message boards, and other platforms, Tim made the effort to clear his membership here with his editor. Didn't have to do that, either. He could have EASILY said, "Sorry, guys, but they're not going to let me keep doing this," which is what happened with one of their columnists who used to hang out at our writers' board.

When I first asked him what he thought about the idea of a pinned thread, he replied, "I would be honored to do it." Only took 15 months for the haters to beat that out of him.

Again, nice job.

Lori, why is he not banned from this site? Why do the !@#$s always win out, and the good people are the ones who leave?

Keepin it funky...I never asked Tim a question but thought it was cool for him to take time out his scheduel to comment and talk to bills fans like us. But C'MON SON somebody speaks how they feel (right or wrong) and he throws a bi*ch fit. It was going to happen, everyone here is diffrent but we all are here for the same reason the bills. No need to get all emotional and leave. I've been in many e-beefs with people and im still here just like others been in e-beefs with each other but we are all one bills nation at the end of the day and so most beefs/arguements can be squashed. If tim leaves its sad but its sad on his part also, he couldnt handle the pressure of freakin web pirates LOL. I mean he's a national sports-writer he has to get more sh*t than one can give on a measly web blog. But im pretty sure he'll be back if he did leave...

Lori, why is he not banned from this site? Why do the !@#$s always win out, and the good people are the ones who leave?

If banned he would just come back under a different name. Not easy to ban someone from a public site if that person knows what they are doing at all. So you will always get !@#$s in public forums. It's a fact of online life. If someone doesn't have a thick enough skin to deal with that fact then then should leave, use the ignore feature (I assume that works here, I never tried though) or only join private forums that are in a more controlled environment.

Exactly. 150 'clicks' per month is completely inaccurate. Every time Tim farts there is a new thread about it and a link to his blog.

I'm calling bull**** here Tim. I implore you to prove me wrong.

First off, Tim owes you nothing.

Second, of course 150 clicks is inaccurate. But it shows the scale of importance. 150 to 1,500,000 means that 10,000 times more people read his stuff from a source other than TBD. Who cares if even ten times more people read his stuff than the 150 clicks that show up directly. It's not relevant to the overall number.

It's sad that informed opinion has become both devalued and resented. Hazards of an open and democratic internet is any knucklehead with a keyboard thinks they have an opinion worth hearing. Add that to anonymity and you get a pile of idiots spouting off their nonsense as fact. Unfortunately that lunacy chasing the smart people away.

But in defense of TBD, this is easily the calmest and most respectful board I've ever been on. I think we can agree that the world of sports fans includes a disproportionate amount of aggressive d-bags. Have you been to Billszone? It's like those guys enjoy being constantly enraged.

It's a drag we had to chase the informed away--frankly the opinions of armchair Madden nerds mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. remember that flurry of Cowher sightings at Buffalo area airports? personally I appreciate journalistic insight more than the ravings of some meatball who creamed himself after seeing a middle aged man in a mustache.

Some good will surely come of all this. I can see lower tolerance for rudeness or maybe even a general dialing down of the occasionally abusive rhetoric. People may relax a little, be more respectful of differing opinion (unless said opinions involve Edwards or Vick---ain't no reason there). Of course that all goes away once Buffalo gets off to an 0-9 start and this because the virtual Escape From New York that is most other sports forums.