Final thread on Trent Edwards

Just so everyone can understand why Edwards was good and now he isnt. First, it is not for any of these reasons

1.coaching

2.O-line

3.Concussions

It is plain and simply this....

Before Edwards, Loseman never threw underneath, he loved the deep ball and his outlet pass was his infamous 2 yard out pattern to a receiver. I remember countless 3rd and longs going for two yards or incomplete. We all said "why dont we involve the backs more" Thanks JP

When Trent came in, He QUICKLY got rid of the ball to Tight ends and backs. But then we all remember saying he COULDNT go deep, that was the arguement back then. Then once or twice a game he would go deep sideline, hit Evans, and we were all relieved. We thought he was a complete QB. Then we started losing, we blamed all of these things that we blame now but wasnt he 4-0 or 5-1 witt he same Oline, coaches and even a concussion? How did he do so good against SD that year right after the concussion? Maybe it was game 6 that year that defenses took away the dump off and then look what happened. I challenge anyone to watch his head in a game, he looks right,looks left, and then looks for the back. His reads are fake. He never stays on the reciever even when WIDE OPEN, watch his head on your Tivo. Even TO called him out on this, saying, "hes not reading the F'ing defense" I heard him say this from the sideline. Poor TO must have waited a long time to say this for fear of being called a cancer.

I always thought, even when we were winning , wheres the pass across the middle? Why does he always throw short? Whats wrong with him?

Then other teams saw it, and Edwards became worthless. He proved it against Cleveland in his 3 int game, or was it 4? He couldnt pass across the middle. He is mindless and even worse, Hes cocky! He acts superior and as if hes good. What a total loser he really is, who just got lucky that he got on a patient Bills team that seems to give every QB three years to prove how bad he really is like Rob Johnson and JP loseman, but gets rid of good ones after the same amount of time-sorry Flutie,Bledsoe,Van Pelt.

Final thread, I don't think so. For me, I will always remember the Trent Edwards of the 2008 season. The opening day game against Seattle was a game to behold. All was good until Arizona when he got hammered. I like Edwards and think he can be a good quarterback. Your analysis could be spot on, I just don't feel qualified to venture an opinion.

The question will be how he does in camp because there are three others looking for the job. (Two have a chance, Fitz and Brohm). So we will see.

The coaching staff will have their hands full. I am glad I will not have to make the call.

:nana:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can't understand the importance of having a good pass catching TE to work the middle of the field or bigger bodied WR's which in case you haven't noticed is exactly what our new GM is trying to do than I'm not sure what to tell you buddy.

Young/developing QB are very reliant on their TE and if the Bills had a clue they would have realized that a long time ago.

thats ONE factor that HELPS but doesnt make or break a QB, how were his shoes by the way? were they laced up properly? DId he have a good breakfast before all the games? Did he buy the right douche for himself? I cant stand guys who learn one relationship in football and try to magnify it like its the "secret" to everything

Final thread, I don't think so. For me, I will always remember the Trent Edwards of the 2008 season. The opening day game against Seattle was a game to behold. All was good until Arizona when he got hammered. I like Edwards and think he can be a good quarterback. Your analysis could be spot on, I just don't feel qualified to venture an opinion.

The question will be how he does in camp because there are three others looking for the job. (Two have a chance, Fitz and Brohm). So we will see.

The coaching staff will have their hands full. I am glad I will not have to make the call.

:nana:

his stats were mediocre in that seattle game, he threw one good pass to robert royal for a TD, and if you watch it, he loads up and you can see, he was trying his very hardest to throw a REAL pass, the rest were all dump offs except for Ryan denneys td pass, a pass edwards never could throw, how was it a site to behold,??? it was the normal Trent edwards routine, by the way, He had a horrible completion percentage until the second half, I think it went to half time 10 -3 or something like that because of dennys TD

The "good ones" like Flutie, Bledsoe, vanPelt, .......really? ...............Really?! Does anyone remember Bill Walsh? He was only the complete, ultimate authority on quarterbacks. When Edwards was drafted, he called Marv Levy personally to express his high opinion of Trent. Obviously he saw some type of potential there. I say this is the year Trent turns it around.

his stats were mediocre in that seattle game, he threw one good pass to robert royal for a TD, and if you watch it, he loads up and you can see, he was trying his very hardest to throw a REAL pass, the rest were all dump offs except for Ryan denneys td pass, a pass edwards never could throw, how was it a site to behold,??? it was the normal Trent edwards routine, by the way, He had a horrible completion percentage until the second half, I think it went to half time 10 -3 or something like that because of dennys TD

I was at that game. Trent also threw a nice pass to Evans for about 30 yards which Evans caught on the sidelines. Don't forget that one.

The TD pass to Royal the first play after the SeaChickens fumbled the KO made me think it was going to be different that year. Going for the jugular and making 'em pay. But, it was not meant to be. Roscoe also ran a punt back for a TD in that game.

Guest dog14787
thats ONE factor that HELPS but doesnt make or break a QB, how were his shoes by the way? were they laced up properly? DId he have a good breakfast before all the games? Did he buy the right douche for himself? I cant stand guys who learn one relationship in football and try to magnify it like its the "secret" to everything

Funny how our new GM and HC was able to come to the same conclusion , TE never had a chance of succeeding last season.

I'm sure their list of reasons why is even longer then mine.

This new philosophy on bigger is better is going to pay dividends and not just at the WR position, across the board in my opinion.

Buffalo is a harsh place to play, the Bills athletes battle some of the best defenses/teams the league has to offer not once but twice a year.

We have to get bigger,stronger and more durable to survive. (injuries are killing us)

The one hang up I can't put up much of an argument when it comes to Trent Edwards is his durability. My hope is with a bigger, stronger supporting cast/better protection along with Gailey's scheming/play calling, the problem will take of itself.

None of this explains why Trent went from being an effective QB to suddenly sucking.

I blame the concussion, but he played well in the San Diego game. Then he suddenly started throwing picks and lost his confidence. I thought Holcomb was bad. I have never seen anyone check down as much as he does.

Don't think Chan can rehab this guy.

Guest dog14787
None of this explains why Trent went from being an effective QB to suddenly sucking.

I blame the concussion, but he played well in the San Diego game. Then he suddenly started throwing picks and lost his confidence. I thought Holcomb was bad. I have never seen anyone check down as much as he does.

Our coaching at the OC postion has regressed over the last three years.

Its more about having the right offensive philosophy and proper pass protection/run blocking then rehabbing Trent in my opinion.

Checking down to CJ Spiller is going to be something opposing defense's will learn to fear.

Just so everyone can understand why Edwards was good and now he isnt. First, it is not for any of these reasons

1.coaching

2.O-line

3.Concussions

It is plain and simply this....

Before Edwards, Loseman never threw underneath, he loved the deep ball and his outlet pass was his infamous 2 yard out pattern to a receiver. I remember countless 3rd and longs going for two yards or incomplete. We all said "why dont we involve the backs more" Thanks JP

When Trent came in, He QUICKLY got rid of the ball to Tight ends and backs. But then we all remember saying he COULDNT go deep, that was the arguement back then. Then once or twice a game he would go deep sideline, hit Evans, and we were all relieved. We thought he was a complete QB. Then we started losing, we blamed all of these things that we blame now but wasnt he 4-0 or 5-1 witt he same Oline, coaches and even a concussion? How did he do so good against SD that year right after the concussion? Maybe it was game 6 that year that defenses took away the dump off and then look what happened. I challenge anyone to watch his head in a game, he looks right,looks left, and then looks for the back. His reads are fake. He never stays on the reciever even when WIDE OPEN, watch his head on your Tivo. Even TO called him out on this, saying, "hes not reading the F'ing defense" I heard him say this from the sideline. Poor TO must have waited a long time to say this for fear of being called a cancer.

I always thought, even when we were winning , wheres the pass across the middle? Why does he always throw short? Whats wrong with him?

Then other teams saw it, and Edwards became worthless. He proved it against Cleveland in his 3 int game, or was it 4? He couldnt pass across the middle. He is mindless and even worse, Hes cocky! He acts superior and as if hes good. What a total loser he really is, who just got lucky that he got on a patient Bills team that seems to give every QB three years to prove how bad he really is like Rob Johnson and JP loseman, but gets rid of good ones after the same amount of time-sorry Flutie,Bledsoe,Van Pelt.

If only JP and Trent had a baby....

The "good ones" like Flutie, Bledsoe, vanPelt, .......really? ...............Really?! Does anyone remember Bill Walsh? He was only the complete, ultimate authority on quarterbacks. When Edwards was drafted, he called Marv Levy personally to express his high opinion of Trent. Obviously he saw some type of potential there. I say this is the year Trent turns it around.

one time my mom said I could be president. How does bill walshes "PREDICTION" still come up???? he was obviously wrong and being a homer for stanford. I guess TE has been really good since Bill walsh said he should be.... jesus christ!

Does anyone remember Bill Walsh? He was only the complete, ultimate authority on quarterbacks. When Edwards was drafted, he called Marv Levy personally to express his high opinion of Trent. Obviously he saw some type of potential there.

I remember Bill Walsh. "ultimate authority on quarterbacks"? Are you sure? Bill thought Steve Fuller was better than Joe Montana. Would have drafted him in the first round if Marv hadn't beat him to it. Read Marv's book. It's chronicled in there.

Of course Steve Fuller did win a Grammy for his part in the Super Bowl Shuffle Video, so maybe Bill did know something.

So far he's striking out in regards to Edwards.

I remember Bill Walsh. "ultimate authority on quarterbacks"? Are you sure? Bill thought Steve Fuller was better than Joe Montana. Would have drafted him in the first round if Marv hadn't beat him to it. Read Marv's book. It's chronicled in there.

Of course Steve Fuller did win a Grammy for his part in the Super Bowl Shuffle Video, so maybe Bill did know something.

Re: "ultimate authority on quarterbacks". There is the still open debate over Walsh's evaluation of Jim Druckenmiller. Some ex-49ers that were in the room said he gave Druckenmiller the thumbs up behind closed doors before the draft, though Walsh later denied it and after it was obvious that Druckenmiller was a bust.

Guest dog14787

Trent Edwards, Bill Walsh, or Marv Levy had no control over what the idiots in the FO did to our veteran O-line or the sup par coaching on the offensive side of the ball because it sure the heck wasn't Marv's plan to have AVP/DJ (a glorified DB coach) running the Bills offense.

Note: I by no means am blaming AVP because it wasn't his offense, it wasn't actually anybodies offense.

Really? did you read the thread starter? It fully explains why.

HAHAHAHA...oh the Bill Walsh defense again...this is by far my favorite. Lets see how many issues I can come up with this statement in 60 seconds (I literally have a stop watch so pardon any typos):

And GO:

1 Walsh was up in years and quite removed from the current NFL when he gave the endorsement

2 He also thought Drunkenmiller was the future of the 49ers who never made it past QB3

3 He traded up in the draft to get JJ Stokes and called him the "Next Jerry Rice"

4 Like any GM, he is wrong more than he is right...The greatest GMs in football history are all wrong more than they are right, its the quality of players they find when they are right, the value they find in the mid/late rounds, and their ability to find depth

5 He also s....................................................................times up

Crap ran out of time...#4 took too long...lol...doesnt matter, the ones I got out are enough.

Turn off sound and be prepared to fast forward through the TE worship... but there are segments in the link below that seems to demonstrate he has read defenses and was able to go deep, throw across the middle and even in some cases both deep and over the middle. He did not check down right away every time.

If it was as simple as "he can't read the D and won't toss over the middle", I struggle to believe he even reached the NFL?

The final Trent thread may, MAY come the day he is traded cut or relegated to 3rd string. Until then there will continue to be the following argument to no end...

He has/ does not have the physical talent to play (arm strength)

He has/ does not have the football acuity to play (decision making reading coverage)

He has/ does not have the mental toughness to play

He has/ does not have the physical toughness to play

He is/is not a leader